Passing Motorcycle Obstacle Courses

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Passing Motorcycle Obstacle Courses

Post by homie »

Illinois state DMV (department of motor vehicle) obstacle course for motorcycles must be one of the easiest in the nation. As for the written test you get multiple chances a day to pass it :roll: I just wanted some of you about to test to know there is an easy way to navigate the cones without engaging and disengaging the automatic clutch or CVT transmission which can cause you to fail by dropping your foot in the attempt.

Excuse my make shift video vlog, I don't think you are suppose to have your honker and liver lips off in the peripheral :lol: Yea I'm not doing this again so deal with it.

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Re: Passing Motorcycle Obstacle Courses

Post by homie »

So glad I didn't encounter some witch like this, check out how rude she gets over the brake skill test at 10:58

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Too sad... at 5:09 this VERY nice examiner fails him and suggests he try another day on a smaller bike :)

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Rude, eh? One of my two instructors would yell at us, swear at us, and make fun of us in front of the other classmates.
There was no PC friendly don't hurt my feelings or I'll sue you and then need therapy afterwards approach at all...
I have to say, it did rattle me and put me off my game.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

You are right, she wasn't drill instructor rude or even Chicago rude. But "what don't you understand" kind of rude :) 12 to 18mph this is your last chance... PUNK!!!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I wouldn't be rude in Chicago Bang Bang, that guy in the grey truck would run over my bike!
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

In Ohio you can be tested at end of MSF 2 day course.
Pass that, you're done.
Was assigned a tall 250 dirt bike with the most drive train slop/slack I'd ever ridden. Made the figure 8 in a box a real test of balance for a wobbly senior.
The females in the group supplied a wonderful stress test to all the Hona clutches and starters. Each stalled their bikes a few hundred times over the 2 days.
Fish