Bought my Forza on Saturday.....but....

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Bought my Forza on Saturday.....but....

Post by Sandymay »

After making tons of calls to different insurance companies, I discovered I can't get insurance until I get my M2....therefore I have to delay delivery. So disappointed.

Taking the riding course June 9 -11, and I'll be able to get my M2 on June 12. In Ontario you need to wait at least 60 days with your M1 before you can try for your M2.

So I'm using the 2 months to practice balance, riding my bicycle around. Watching all the you tube M2 videos I can find....

Anyone have any other suggestions to help me prepare for my course?

Thanks,

Sandy
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Bought my Forza on Saturday.....but....

Post by homie »

Ride the brake through the course. You will be absolutely amazed how you can walk the scooter like a trials bike between the cones whilst maintaining a constant on the throttle and using the brake to control the course. Test it now and thank me later :) And its perfectly legal to do so.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

If the examiner see's the brake light on tell him to booger off... or is that bugger off :)
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

Good idea, but I won't be on my bike...they supply the bikes. With the course, so I'll be learning on a geared bike .... and it has lights (I believe) that lets the instructor know what gear you are in....

Great advise for later though...thanks!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Sandymay wrote:Good idea, but I won't be on my bike...they supply the bikes. With the course, so I'll be learning on a geared bike .... and it has lights (I believe) that lets the instructor know what gear you are in....

Great advise for later though...thanks!
WOW! that's rough, then I guess you will be riding the clutch... same principle. Best take a course before your test. That's too bad, here in the states they rent scooters just for the course and you don't have to test on clutch bikes. Crazy but true o_O Good luck bro, send us down some oil soon and refine it if you want a better price or we will build more refineries here and do it ourselves :lol:
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

Yep...taking the course just before the test....15 hours on a geared bike....fingers crossed.... 8)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Why does an insurance company have to be involved in the sale of something (bike). What if you were buying it for a 100 acre farm that you own and never intend to use it on any public roadway??
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

easyrider wrote:Why does an insurance company have to be involved in the sale of something (bike). What if you were buying it for a 100 acre farm that you own and never intend to use it on any public roadway??
In my state, you can't license/title a vehicle without proof of insurance. And if the insurance company won't issue a policy without the MC course certificate............
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Can you insure the bike under someone elses name? Parent, uncle, cousin, brother?
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

GeezyRider wrote:
easyrider wrote:Why does an insurance company have to be involved in the sale of something (bike). What if you were buying it for a 100 acre farm that you own and never intend to use it on any public roadway??
In my state, you can't license/title a vehicle without proof of insurance. And if the insurance company won't issue a policy without the MC course certificate............
I could understand that if you want to register said vehicle for use on public roadways but she cannot even purchase the bike without an insurance policy. What if someone wanted to tow it to their farm and never intending usage in the public domain. Sounds like government overreach to me and forcing people to buy something they do not need.
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:Can you insure the bike under someone elses name? Parent, uncle, cousin, brother?
Unfortunately no, as no one else has a motorcycle licence. My husband has no interest in bikes. I have a G license, spotless driving record for over 30 years, and still can't get insurance with my M1.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

Did you try Riders Plus, State Farm, Jevco and TD?
Salsbury
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

Yep....I'm thinking of going with Riders Plus when I get my M2. Lowest quote, by $200.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User

Day 1 of the course involves lots of pushing your bike around the parking lot. Choose a light bike.
Salsbury
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

Here in California M2 is for bikes under 150cc and M1 for bikes of 150cc or higher. When I was learning I got a riding permit, after passing the written motorcycle test, and rode my scooter for like a year. I did my test with the scoot I had at the time, a 1985 Yamaha Riva 180. A slight delay for you, but you will get your licence and ride, just be patient. Also, congrats on you choice of scooter.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:Day 1 of the course involves lots of pushing your bike around the parking lot. Choose a light bike.
Oh goodness, they make you guys do that, too? They made us run about 100m a couple of times while pushing the bikes... :?
Maybe they think that's good conditioning for when your lithium battery dies and you need to get the scoot up a hill with a run-up? :P
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:Day 1 of the course involves lots of pushing your bike around the parking lot. Choose a light bike.
Thanks for the advise....did you find the course hard?

I did great on the M1, but of course it was all written...
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

Gil wrote:Here in California M2 is for bikes under 150cc and M1 for bikes of 150cc or higher. When I was learning I got a riding permit, after passing the written motorcycle test, and rode my scooter for like a year. I did my test with the scoot I had at the time, a 1985 Yamaha Riva 180. A slight delay for you, but you will get your licence and ride, just be patient. Also, congrats on you choice of scooter.

Gil
Thanks Gil! I'm using the time to practice balance on my bicycle and I'm watching lots of YouTube videos...patience is hard. Lol
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Sandymay wrote:
Gil wrote:Here in California M2 is for bikes under 150cc and M1 for bikes of 150cc or higher. When I was learning I got a riding permit, after passing the written motorcycle test, and rode my scooter for like a year. I did my test with the scoot I had at the time, a 1985 Yamaha Riva 180. A slight delay for you, but you will get your licence and ride, just be patient. Also, congrats on you choice of scooter.

Gil
Thanks Gil! I'm using the time to practice balance on my bicycle and I'm watching lots of YouTube videos...patience is hard. Lol
I found that riding a scooter improved my bicycle balance, but not so much the other way beyond being able to actually ride a scooter in the first place.
But, because I had ridden bicycles for 35 years before I bought a scooter, the shop let me test-ride the scooter without any prior experience on my learners permit only (passed written exam).

A week after taking delivery of the scooter I actually did the two day course and practical exam so I could get my licence.
I did the test on an Honda CB125 manual, and I found the "slow ride" (crawling pace) and figure 8s quite challenging, but I passed.
When I actually got out onto the open road for the practical road test exam, I was very confident (probably too much so), and had no issues.

So, if you're doing a similar thing, you should be fine.
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

chicaboo wrote:
Sandymay wrote:

Gil
I found that riding a scooter improved my bicycle balance, but not so much the other way beyond being able to actually ride a scooter in the first place.
But, because I had ridden bicycles for 35 years before I bought a scooter, the shop let me test-ride the scooter without any prior experience on my learners permit only (passed written exam).

A week after taking delivery of the scooter I actually did the two day course and practical exam so I could get my licence.
I did the test on an Honda CB125 manual, and I found the "slow ride" (crawling pace) and figure 8s quite challenging, but I passed.
When I actually got out onto the open road for the practical road test exam, I was very confident (probably too much so), and had no issues.

So, if you're doing a similar thing, you should be fine.
Thanks Chickaboo, I am practicing balance on my bike....hadn't ridden it in over a year....and also practicing yoga balancing poses, for extra core strength......I will be practicing the figure eights and slow ride on my bicycle so hopefully that helps....