Bought my Forza on Saturday.....but....

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Re: Bought my Forza on Saturday.....but....

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Course is very easy and FUN.

Four tips for you.
Knees tight against the tank helps with balance.
Turn your head and look where you want to go when turning and not at the ground. Eyes up at the horizon. 90° turn means turn your head 90°
Unlike a bicycle, the left lever is not a brake. It will not make you stop!

Have fun and make a new friend or 2.
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:Course is very easy and FUN.

Four tips for you.
Turn your head and look where you want to go when turning and not at the ground. Eyes up at the horizon. 90° turn means turn your head 90°

Awesome tips...thanks!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:Course is very easy and FUN.

Four tips for you.

Good tips but the left lever one. On a Forza it will make you stop.

I spent the day doing Honda Demo Rides. The first bike did not even have a left lever. It was a Honda NC750X DCT motorcycle. I kept trying to grab the non-existent left lever.

My second ride was on a CRF250 Rally with a left clutch lever. My third ride was a Honda Rebel 300 also with a left clutch lever.

I then got on my Honda Forza 300 to come home. At the first stop light I grabbed the left lever hard enough for a clutch action but actually just jammed on the rear brake. That woke me up.

I wanted to ride the Africa Twin 1000 DCT but all the big boys would not let me play with one. They were supposed to have two to ride but I think someone crashed one of them. The Africa Twin was the only motorcycle with a long lineup.

The NC750X DCT was boring. I played around with settings and still found it boring. The Rebel 300 was painful. I liked the CRF250 Rally but it has no ABS or DCT. If I win the lottery tonight I would buy the 250.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Forza also doesn't have a tank to squeeze with your knees. Which is another good tip to use under hard braking. Helps keep some weight off your hands.
She'll be using a loaner bike for the course with a clutch.
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:Forza also doesn't have a tank to squeeze with your knees. Which is another good tip to use under hard braking. Helps keep some weight off your hands.
She'll be using a loaner bike for the course with a clutch.
I actually squeeze the tank of the Forza with my heals and jamb my toes on the upright of the floorboards pushing my butt into the back of the seat. I get jammed in there pretty good some days.

Every once in a while my butt flies off the seat hitting a hard bump with only my hands still holding the bars. Scooters are strange. On a dual sport you stand up and the legs absorb some of the energy. But even on a dual sport there has been times it was only the hands.

I took my motorcycle test in 1982 in Burnaby, BC. Ride to the end of the parking lot and turn around. Ride out of the parking lot and back in the other exit. And that was it almost. They hid a stop sign in the trees to trick you. I never saw it but was passed anyway. And NO ONE has ever asked in 35 years if I STILL know how to ride a motorcycle (except for two RCMP officers collecting money for the Queen).
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

I'll be doing my M1 exit test on a geared bike, not my Forza. The bikes are supplied with the course, and I understand they are a mixer of classic bikes, cruisers, sort bikes and dirt bikes. Apparently you get time learning on all types.

This is the course I'm registered for....
http://ridertraining.ca/project/riding_basics/