Hello from Paris, France

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

frenchkiss109
Year: 2013
Color: black

Hello from Paris, France

Post by frenchkiss109 »

I just bought that beautifull Forza, after more than 20 years spent with a NTV650, still working but old... hope the scooter will last as long as the bike :roll:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (206.69 KiB) Viewed 970 times
Forza 300
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Re: Hello from Paris, France

Post by aguim »

Bravo!
Est-ce une 2017 ?
Si oui, dis, donnes-nous le numéro de pièce des plaquettes arrières (pour voir si Honda a changé
le mélange -les originales sont du beurre!)*

* This apart, the Forza is just great ! I plan to keep mine forever (even if that means a pile of
rear plaquettes haha)
frenchkiss109

Post by frenchkiss109 »

Thank's, but unfortunately I think it is a 2013 !! regarding the serial number : MLHNF04B4D5......

D'ailleurs je pensais que la production s'etait arretee en 2016, donc je doute que des modeles 2017 puissent exister
Forza 300
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

C'est bien une 2013 (...D...).

So, make sure it had the fuel pump recalls (two of them!) done. Also, the seat 'shock' has to be
changed for a stronger one, on warranty.

Faudra se faire un stock de pièces - d'ici dix ans... j'ai ma liste de prête, rien ne presse.
14,000km déja, et elle và de mieux en mieux.
frenchkiss109

Post by frenchkiss109 »

I've read the problem of recalls for the fuel pump but I wonder how I could verify if it has been changed ?

Par contre la selle tient tres bien en position ouverte, donc pas de souci de ce coté.
Forza 300
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

Go to : Honda France's internet site, section rappels. They'll ask your serial number and provide the information.
That's the way it works here (and, I imagine, everywhere else).
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the beautiful photograph. Love the soft focus. That picture makes me want to go there right now. Wish I knew more French...

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hel-lo Paris! Congrats on the new-to-you scooter :P That's a Beautiful photo you shared with us, thank you.
:roll: Recalls done or not?

Getting to know you:
On your Forza there should be a decal placed by Honda. Take a Look around or under the handlebar (I have a PCX, my decal is under the bars. The neck of the scoot, I call it).

That decal provides some quick and important information:
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN),
Date of Manufacture/month and year
Place of Manufacture
The year of your Forza
And the weight of your Forza

If you have a Honda dealer nearby stop in and let them run the VIN in their computer. Your Forza's history will pop up including whether recalls were done or not.

Twist n Go. Simples 8) Enjoy!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Beautiful twilight in Paris... or software filter. Either way bike looks GREAT!
frenchkiss109

Post by frenchkiss109 »

Thank you.
Yes Google added a filter to my picture.
I checked my VIN on both french and UK Honda sites, the answer is : "NO UPDATES OR RECALLS"
But can I be sure it means the pump has been changed ??

and I also checked the VIN on http://www.vindecoder.pl
the result is :
Attachments
vindecoder.JPG
vindecoder.JPG (34.65 KiB) Viewed 928 times
Forza 300
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

Mine is a 2014, bought it new june 2016. At that time there was an ongoing fuel pump recall, according to canadian authorities. Both the dealer and Honda's internet site VIN entries said,
no problem with yours...hmmm. I pulled the plastics out...and there it was, a blue pencil marking
on the pump's outside (code for: changed at factory). So I should have trusted Honda, hey.

The second recall came by the mail, back in october 2016. I had been made aware of this second
pump recall by checking my VIN status on Honda's internet site by accident (the letter came about
a month later). Again, Honda acted right.( btw, the old pump was still very good, 115cc/10 sec.,
42psi).

One last thing you can do is ask the dealer to check your VIN on HIS computer (it shouldn't show
anything new to you imo).
frenchkiss109

Post by frenchkiss109 »

Yes I will ask to Honda dealer here, but I'm afraid that they answer exactly what I already saw on the Honda site : "no recall".
Actually I think that the recalls were only for USA and Canada, although the problem should exist also on European models, as mentionned in this article :
Carad.JPG
Carad.JPG (94.35 KiB) Viewed 913 times
By the way, do you think the Honda site will answer the same "no recall" once the pump had been changed ?
Forza 300
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

Once the pump had been changed on mine , Honda's site answered : no recall or update on this
vehicule. Anyway, I KNEW the pump had been changed, since I had done it myself! (I pretended
I was in an existential rush, and the dealer pretended he was 'too busy' that day...so he let me
sign the paperasse and asked me to shut up and bring the old one back...a VERY friendly dealer!).
The plastics are still in good shape, and that pump should be good for a long while (can't imagine
Honda messing it up three times in a row...

Yours should be ok, if you bought it new and the Honda site says 'no recall or update on this...'
frenchkiss109

Post by frenchkiss109 »

Ok I think so, let's be confident in Honda and hope no regrets !
When I have time may be I will try to remove the battery and look inside (if possible) to check any marking on the pump...
And I will talk about it to Honda at the first 1000km visit included with warranty.
Bonne nuit, See you later
Forza 300
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

I'm in the UK and have had both fuel pump recalls done. If yours is showing "no recalls", then the recalls have probably been done as the recalls would probably apply throughout the EU.
frenchkiss109

Post by frenchkiss109 »

Thank you for this information. I think I don't have to worry anymore about it...
Anyway, if somebody has some detailed information with photos on how to reach or look at the pump (where is it exactly) I am still interested.
Forza 300
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

Reaching that pump involves the risky removal of some rather touchy/fragile plastics. Not
that easy to 'write it up'. (I'm an experienced mechanic, first time out it took me about an hour to
get to that pump, then I was lucky not to damage anything...

Anyway, the later pump has no recognizable marking on its body (that I'm aware of).

The same bleeping plastics need to be removed for any major engine service (like valve
adjustment). If you ever have to remove them , be very careful with the two bigger side
covers (I modified mines to my taste so that they 'fit' easier --- second time out, as with anything
else in life, was much easier!).

Note: the battery/box can be left in place initially. Only its cover and box screws (total:5) need to be
removed.
frenchkiss109

Post by frenchkiss109 »

OK, I won't try to reach it for a checking... I found another information that makes me think my pump might be ok :
The range of recalled VIM : mine is not inside !
Attachments
recalls2.JPG
recalls2.JPG (61.57 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Forza 300