Recall letter number five...?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Recall letter number five...?

Post by gn2 »

A new one will be fine so long as it was manufactured after 2015ish
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

Remember that all advice given by this whiner is guaranteed to be wrong.

Mine is #331, 2014, totally reliable after 16K. Would buy another one any day. Takes me about half
an hour to change the rear brake pads (a Honda rep says 'soft' works best with ABS...), so what!

Then even the best can't last long in the hands of an idiot.
remida

Post by remida »

you you wrote:
remida wrote:
gn2 wrote:Traded my Forza on the 1st of March and today yet another recall notice landed on my doorstep, I think that was the fifth one I've had, could be more, I've lost count and gave up caring long ago.

Something to do with the fuel pump again, that's the third fuel pump recall I've had.

Can't see me ever being tempted to buy another Honda.
I'm looking at buying a new 300 but your posts about the recalls have scared me off.....
Why?
Being almost 81, don't have the ability nor the patience to constantly repair or upgrade a new bike....we have one metric dealer in town handles 3 brands...has 4 full time mechanics and he's swamped..hate to buy a new bike only to have it tied up for a month because of a recall
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

I have done the pump change, and all servicing, myself. No big deal.
The real problem is NOT the scooter itself, but the now generalized poor dealer service (they
pay shit, don't even train their employees). Were it not that the bikes are that good from the start,
the whole industry should be bankrupt by now.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

aguim wrote:I have done the pump change, and all servicing, myself. No big deal.
The real problem is NOT the scooter itself, but the now generalized poor dealer service (they
pay shit, don't even train their employees). Were it not that the bikes are that good from the start,
The Dealer network over here in the U.K. is generally good. Recalls are handled by a government organisation called Vosa who ensures trained techs do the repairs to the correct standard.

If I was buying a new bike I wouldn't be too worried. Most of the problems have been sorted out.

Obviously there is a very slight chance of buying a lemon but if you worried about that then you wouldn't buy anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
remida

Post by remida »

Alibally wrote:
aguim wrote:I have done the pump change, and all servicing, myself. No big deal.
The Dealer network over here in the U.K. is generally good. Recalls are handled by a government organisation called Vosa who ensures trained techs do the repairs to the correct standard.

If I was buying a new bike I wouldn't be too worried. Most of the problems have been sorted out.

Obviously there is a very slight chance of buying a lemon but if you worried about that then you wouldn't buy anything.

thanks for the reply...now..when you back up a 300...is it terribly tough on the legs......my Suzuki 800 has the floorboards a bit forward, the 300 has running boards the full length..is this a problem I'm 5ft 8 in....I have to turn the bike around in a limited space garage
remida

Post by remida »

gn2 wrote:A new one will be fine so long as it was manufactured after 2015ish
why after 2015.....think this one the dealer has is a leftover from 2016 and probably a 2015 build..
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

My dealer has a leftover 2014 made in 2013. Check the VIN plate under the left side by the headlight.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

remida wrote:
Alibally wrote:

thanks for the reply...now..when you back up a 300...is it terribly tough on the legs......my Suzuki 800 has the floorboards a bit forward, the 300 has running boards the full length..is this a problem I'm 5ft 8 in....I have to turn the bike around in a limited space garage
I am 5 foot 6 and I have no problems moving the Forza on a flat hard surface. I can't push it on my grass to get to the shed but then I can turn the motor on.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Remida, I work with seniors and almost all over 80 do not have the capabilities to safely run a vehicle. The Forza is a heavy scooter not a light weight little 49cc.

Take a good honest look in the mirror and decide if you are safe for other people.
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

Not quite the ocean-liner-like Burgman 650, but the Forza IS heavy, dear. A few days ago I almost
dropped mine, as I miscalculated a slow, left hand turn into a tight place. Took all my strenght to
keep it from falling over me...would have been no problem 10 yrs ago...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:
I am 5 foot 6 and I have no problems moving the Forza on a flat hard surface. I can't push it on my grass to get to the shed but then I can turn the motor on.

Why don't you use the motor for the hard flat surface too?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

remida wrote:
why after 2015.....think this one the dealer has is a leftover from 2016 and probably a 2015 build..
This is why

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recall ... 7A0031CA2E

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recall ... 77003CEEE6

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recall ... B1005559C8

But remember that I'm a whiner therefore the foregoing links must be wrong.
The fact that there were four recalls for the Forza I bought (one of which needed doing twice) and at least five failures repaired under warranty says nothing whatsoever about my Forza.
I should have been happy for it to sit in the Honda shop so often, in fact if anything I should have paid extra for the joy of having it off the road and unuseable.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
remida

Post by remida »

well guess that explains a lot....
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

Now at 16,000 km on the 2014, and not a glitch. This thing should last forever. Enough said.
Bigboss242

Post by Bigboss242 »

Sounds like gn2 and another owner got lemons I've luckily haven't had any issues besides the recalls.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Never had any recalls.My year is 2014...runs like sewing machine..silky smooth and no buzzing like my PCX.Easy to work on re maintenance of fluids .Well made bike in my view ,nicely balanced, maneuverable, more stable in wind,and way more comfy than the PCX.Signigicantly better than the PCX in my view.
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

gn2 wrote:
remida wrote:
This is why

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recall ... 77003CEEE6

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recall ... B1005559C8

But remember that I'm a whiner therefore the foregoing links must be wrong.
The fact that there were four recalls for the Forza I bought (one of which needed doing twice) and at least five failures repaired under warranty says nothing whatsoever about my Forza.
I should have been happy for it to sit in the Honda shop so often, in fact if anything I should have paid extra for the joy of having it off the road and unuseable.
Your first link and last link are the same links. I never had the recall for the rear brakes, just the fuel pump on mine, that must have just been on the 2013 model. I don't think we even had the 2013 model in the USA.
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

I checked mine's 13,000km-old fuel pump for pressure and flow, right before it was recalled,
and it was 100% ok: 42 psi and 110 cc per 10 secs. Nothing to whine about, poor me.

Maybe there was an ethanol-related concern from Honda? (I stay away from the crap).

My only (minor) complaint is with the rear pads not lasting very long, 10,000km or so.
I made sure the caliper is sliding freely and not getting too hot (can touch it, no problem),
and the disc's surfaces look pretty good...so the softie, smallish pads may very well be
the reason. Nobody makes 'better' ones, but stock ones are rather cheap, and changing them is a snap for any half decent wrench.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Its the year 3017, scooters run on ionized crystals, someones reading a thread called Tuning the Forza 3000 CVT as another posts Recall letter number 1100...?