Forza Windscreen ..Best size/manufacturer

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Forza Windscreen ..Best size/manufacturer

Post by easyrider »

Based on experience which size windscreen is best for the Forza 300. I want to replace the original with a higher one and seeking some comments or recommendations as to suitability and fitment, etc.Thx
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Re: Forza Windscreen ..Best size/manufacturer

Post by montliz44 »

I have the tall Givi (non-adjustable), and it seems just right for me. I'm 5'10'' and my natural line of sight is just under the top edge of the screen. If I feel like looking over the top I can just sit up a little straighter. No problem looking through the screen, though, as it's optically correct and very clear. It also has wind protection for the hands and the whole setup works very well at highway speeds. I don't feel any turbulence, but I can't comment on the noise level since I wear a FF helmet and ear plugs.

The downside is that you don't get much airflow for cooling yourself while riding in town, so if you live in a hot place like Florida or coastal Texas you might wish you had a little less screen on your trip to the grocery store.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

5 foot six, Honda tall screen, I look over but on hot days I do not get enough air. Rainy days I fog up.
ggs34
Color: red

Post by ggs34 »

i have a really cool puig for sale its very heavy duty and strong i would like 180 for it it is dark tinted and like new see for sale section
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

I went with the Givi adjustable. Around town, I generally keep it pushed all the way down, even in what passes for winter here in the Deep South. On those few occasions when I hit the interstate and kill my gas mileage, that's when I push the thing up.

A word about the lower deflection: the wind stays off of my hands to such a degree that between the Givi screen and the Tucano Urbano handlebar muffs, I haven't worn gloves at all this year. My commute is only 5 miles, and while those mornings in the 20s were quite brisk and the brake levers quite chilly, my hands did alright with the coverage they had. The trade-off is that at night those bubbles of plastic quite clearly pick up and transmit the orange light of the turn signals. It doesn't interfere with my vision at all, but if you are easily distracted by extraneous visual inputs, you might want to think twice.

Bottom line: I'd definitely do the Givi adjustable again. It's just right for me.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring