Forza weight to power

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Forza weight to power

Post by easyrider »

How does the Forza 300 handle the hills and wind?. Is there much loss of speed or swaying . Is this size scooter adequate for a stable 60-65 mph ride with wind and hills ??Appreciate comments .
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Re: Forza weight to power

Post by 87112 »

I test rode it once. Took a brand new one on a 75mph interstate. It is not comfy at 75mph steady. The motor is near the redline. I had it pinned. Subtract 10mph at 65 and it was pretty good and its ideal speed. The wind noise was bad but once I slowed down to 65 mph it was Ok. It is a freeway bike but slow lane one. I had a Yamaha Majesty before. Thats the one for All day 65mph without a sweat.
:geek:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

It needs a high windscreen for highway or windy days. It was a brutal ride with the low windscreen in the windy Fraser Canyon. Once I put on the high windscreen things settled down.

The Forza does not have enough power for windy super highways but is adequate for back road highways. I often think an aviation wind speed meter would be more appropriate than a speedometer.

It does not slow down much on hills because it is already going slow and flat out. I have done about 40,000 km around the mountains of British Columbia. You have to be patient for this strange 278cc machine and be prepared to pull over to let people pass you.

On the flat the Forza has adequate power. It moves my 200 pounds around nicely. I don't live on the flats. I race 30 wheel lumber trucks but sometimes they win. You have to know when to give up or you die.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

+1 to what 87112 said. My Forza does really well on the highway but 65 to 70 is about all it's comfortable with, so I avoid the interstates whenever I can when I go on a trip. Above 65-70 you have to keep it pinned all the time and I don't like to do that (though the Forza itself probably doesn't care).

You may also find that the stock windshield doesn't work well on the highway. It looks great and does a good job of keeping you cool in town because it channels all the air right onto your torso, but that feature becomes a negative at highway speeds. I have a Givi tall shield and a back rest on mine and it's super comfy on the road.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

easyrider wrote:Is this size scooter adequate for a stable 60-65 mph ride with wind and hills ??Appreciate comments .
Yes it most definitely is.
In my experience, wind noise is made worse by the tall screen, the standard one is better imo.
Stability in gusting cross winds is excellent, I've ridden mine in some pretty strong winds and never had any problem.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

Cross winds on the highway don't bother me too much, despite the big box I put on the back. I have a Givi adjustable screen that I keep all the way down in my normal, commuting driving and push all the way up before the rare times I get onto the highway.

On the flatlands, I have passed big trucks that were doing 75mph because I didn't like the turbulence behind them. Going up a hill, 70 is really the best I can hope for, and I shudder to think what it will be like the first time I do a steep climb (e.g, that stretch of I-77 going from NC to VA and the BRP).

As much as possible, when I have to do distance, I stay on the US highways rather than the Interstates.

Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
dougfreeze
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016

Post by dougfreeze »

I ride about 50/50 freeway and city streets in Los Angeles.
At maximum freeway speeds, I choose to move over to the number two lane rather than trying to keep up with the 80 MPH fast lane cagers. The little scoot will go 80+ but it's pretty uncomfortable. I always wear earplugs so it's not the noise that bothers me, it's just sketchy at those speeds with such small wheels.
I'm 200 pounds of In-N-Out Burger fed guy.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

easyrider wrote:How does the Forza 300 handle the hills and wind?. Is there much loss of speed or swaying . Is this size scooter adequate for a stable 60-65 mph ride with wind and hills ??Appreciate comments .
60 yes
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I ride at 70 on a 4 lane highway here all the time with no problems, but most of the vehicles are going 75-80. It will reduce the mpg's though.
tjlayden
Year: 2015Forza

Post by tjlayden »

The highway riding I do is at the 55-60mph pace. The scoot will go faster but it seems very happy at 55-60. The original windscreen kicked my rear end at highway speed. The taller screen makes it much more comfortable.
bladerman
Year: 1914

Post by bladerman »

I find it comfy up to 75 with the tall screen. The main thing is dealing with traffic at higher speeds. Not a whole lot of reserve power to get you out of tight spot if you need to.
ggs34
Color: red

Post by ggs34 »

i rode it on the highway here it like riding a bunking bronco the shock bottom out all the time and very loud wind nosiy for sure not a fan on the highway with this bike