Rear brake/starter circuit switch

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Rear brake/starter circuit switch

Post by gn2 »

Well that's the repacement brake/starter circuit switch I fitted in September just failed.
By my reckoning that's four which have failed.
Previously it had always been the brake switch part which failed, this time its the starter circuit switch.

Hmmmm, let me think..... £20 for yet another new one or just bridge the connectors with a paperclip.....?

Oh happy days, can't wait to be rid of the bloody thing.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Rear brake/starter circuit switch

Post by chicaboo »

I am so glad that I'm too big to fit on a Forza... The only problem my Thai built PCX has is vibration/rattles at specific RPM.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

gn2 wrote:Well that's the repacement brake/starter circuit switch I fitted in September just failed.
Previously it had always been the brake switch part which failed, this time its the starter circuit switch.

Hmmmm, let me think..... £20 for yet another new one or just bridge the connectors with a paperclip.....?
The second one..
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

montliz44 wrote:
gn2 wrote:Well that's the repacement brake/starter circuit switch I fitted in September just failed.

The second one..

Or partex it for a paper clip :D
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

On the Goldwing, I had nearly every single microswitch changed under warranty. There was one (the half of the brake pedal switch that allowed the cruise to stay set) that died on the first day of a long trip. I diagnosed the failure on the side of the highway, pulled out my Swiss Army knife, cut the wires, twisted them together, taped them (doesn't everyone carry duck tape & electrical tape with them), and went on my way. Before I stopped for the night, I bought a little wire nut and re-taped the more secure twist connection. It was about six weeks before I replaced the switch, and I just had to remember that hitting the "rear" brake pedal wouldn't kill the cruise control.

I'm not impressed with the build quality of Honda's microswitches.

Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring