2015 Forza w/o ABS

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Re: 2015 Forza w/o ABS

Post by aguim »

K&N filters are known to be less air- restrictive (thus with less dust-filtering ability). On a fuel
injected engine, this creates less intake vacuum at any given rpm, leading the MAP sensor to
'fool' the ECU into providing a leaner mixture than normally intended. This may help fuel economy,
but running leaner than (already) rather lean may not be that good an idea, some say.

In doubt, I have ordered a new oil-treated OEM one for mine (they are very efficient so will get
dirty-looking real quick)...guess I'll have to live with that. Meanwhile, just blew it with air from
the backside (we're not supposed to do that, says Honda).

Mine ran a near-constant 30 km/l (70 mi/usgal) summertime, then fell to 25 (60 mi/usgal)
in the cold of nov. errands.

Yesterday I got it out of hibernation. Started at the touch of the button. Great. Oh...also
ordered new rear pads hahaha (its only weakness).
flavioguy

Post by flavioguy »

After how many miles have you gone thru rear brake pads?
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

flavio,

8,000 miles (13,000 km sounds better, hey). There was 1mm left on the piston side, nearly 2mm
on the other side. Both surfaces were good looking, the disc too. New pads are only 4.5 mm thick
and are rather soft (to my scratch 'test'), looks like Honda wanted it that way...

Everything else looked ok in the caliper, but I chose to remove the dust seal from the piston, as it
causes a bit too much stiction to my taste, even when freshly lubed. I'll see what that gives (it
takes only a few minutes to remove the muffler and caliper to check).

The front pads are still fine (about 3mm thick) at 13,000 km.

The real shock was when I went to pick the new pads and asked for a spare spark plug :45$ !!!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

OK, just from a price point of view. A K&N in Canada will run me about $100 for filter, cleaner & oil. A Honda OEM is about $19 Canadian. So about 5 OEM filters to break even. Each OEM filter is good for 19,200 km according to Honda giving 5 filters good for 96,000 kilometers.

Will the Forza last another 96,000 kilometers on top of the 42,000 kilometers I already have?

Will I last that long at 57 years old in poor health? Or will I get bored of the Forza before then?

The performance gain might make it worthwhile but not on a financial basis.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

tjlayden wrote:I think you are right. The price seems a tad high.
I am planning to sell my 2015 Forza this spring. My asking price will be somewhere around $4200ish.
I added the Honda tall windscreen, 39L Shad top box and put some custom graphics on it.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AIx_atCKr4j9rUk
I'm having trouble posting an image so hopefully this embedded URL will help.
A suggestion from one who has sold a Forza in the past:
Remove your graphics.
The scooter is pretty darn sharp as designed, personal taste in graphics is very rarely a selling point. More often the opposite.
Fish
tjlayden
Year: 2015Forza
Color: Red

Post by tjlayden »

Thanks for the suggestion fish but my Eagles stays put. Buyer (if I sell) can remove them.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thar she blows! 8) and what a Beauty she be!
Thanks for posting the pics. So yeah, you found a Forza....With ABS!!! Love Perfect endings.
Good luck with it and I hope the two of you enjoy many Great rides together! :P
(Poor SMax, did she leave home yet?)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

@ tjlayden, Hi! I followed your link but didn't want to create a sign in to go any further. May I ask,
what problem are you having posting photo's here, is it the size that gets rejected or ??
I wanted to see those Eagles and your Bike.....of course.
What bike are you thinking of buying to replace the Forza once it's sold? Any idea?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
flavioguy

Post by flavioguy »

Whitenoise........yes, I sold the SMAX last Friday! It's moving to the beach in Calif........I hope it gets a tan!
tjlayden

Post by tjlayden »

WhiteNoise wrote:@ tjlayden, Hi! I followed your link but didn't want to create a sign in to go any further. May I ask,
what problem are you having posting photo's here, is it the size that gets rejected or ??
I wanted to see those Eagles and your Bike.....of course.
What bike are you thinking of buying to replace the Forza once it's sold? Any idea?
When I go to full editor it tells me the max upload is 0 pixels by 0 pixels then gives me the actual dimensions.
Attachments
Honda Forza with graphics.
Honda Forza with graphics.
Capture.JPG (194 KiB) Viewed 561 times
tjlayden

Post by tjlayden »

figured it out....doh! :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cheers to figuring that out, nice bike and eagles. Wait! I saw shooting stars too. That's definitely different! Thanks. So what bike will be next?
tjlayden

Post by tjlayden »

Thanks WhiteNoise.
Thinking about a Burgman 400. Maybe the 650.
The Forza is a hoot and does extremely well at 55-60MPH but I hesitate to put it out there with the freeway traffic. I think the Burgman has enough oopa to help keep me safe for the occasional freeway ride.
Typically I stay on the 2 lane highways and all is fine but sometimes it would be nice to get out there at 65-70ish.