Vancouver motorcycle Show this weekend

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Vancouver motorcycle Show this weekend

Post by davenowherejones »

The Vancouver motorcycle Show is this weekend. I would love to ride my scooter there but it is 2.5C and raining right now in Hope. The weather is not going to improve much by then.

You would think that motorcycle people would have a better sense of geography. The Vancouver show is not in Vancouver but in Abbotsford about 60 km away with several cities/towns in between. And my 300 only has 279cc. Motorcycle people are a bunch of liars.

The show used to be 4 days long but has dwindled down to 2 1/2 days (26 hours). They used to overflow into the parking lot but now struggle to fill the building. There used to be more pretty girls, now there are ugly old men (me included). You used to get freebies and now you can barely buy anything.

I don't go to see the motorcycles but to see the strange people. I am going on Friday and wearing my Rockstar jersey. I might go on Sunday with my cane (too many head & back injuries).

I am going to see what is not there. Several manufacturers might not show up and quite a few models have been discontinued.

I am going to watch the pretty girls also. I just started realizing I am not old enough to be their father but old enough to be their grandfather. How did that happen???
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: white

Re: Vancouver motorcycle Show this weekend

Post by Daguang »

humourous davenowherejones!
Motorcycle people are a bunch of liars. most happened on Honda I think...haha
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

Da'gang, you stop insulting us nicest people, or I send Ma'gang after you.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Dave,

I still like going to those shows because you can sit on all the bikes and take whatever literature and freebies are available and nobody tries to sell you anything.

Have fun!

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

15 Bucks and 6 bucks for parking! too rich for my blood. Anyway I use to live in the Pac NW, seems like Seattle lost the MC show the last 2 years. Don't know why this area is booming with more people than China it seems.
:geek:
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Daguang »

aguim wrote:Da'gang, you stop insulting us nicest people, or I send Ma'gang after you.
What is Ma'gang o_O :roll:
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

Daguang wrote:
aguim wrote:Da'gang, you stop insulting us nicest people, or I send Ma'gang after you.
Euh...stupid cowboy joke telling : your gang against my gang. But don't worry. Only nice gang
hang, here.
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Daguang »

aguim wrote:
Daguang wrote:
Euh...stupid cowboy joke telling : your gang against my gang. But don't worry. Only nice gang
hang, here.
Oh, I'm Da'guang. Guang :lol: 8)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Went to the show on Friday. The RCMP red & blue lights were everywhere in Chilliwack (too many drug dealers) but I got safely to the show. Too much ice on my driveway to take the Forza on a 170 km round trip that would have ended in the dark.

I walked round the show about 10 times seeing something different each time. Some pretty ladies. A few scooters, a few dual sports and a bunch of Harleys & wannabe's. I had fun.

Honda Forza is discontinued in Canada. X-ADV is not in Canada. Biggest Honda is the PCX150. Burgman, 650 only. Biggest Yamaha is SMax at 155 cc. No Chinese, Taiwan or Korean scooters at the show. Vespa was there (MP3 500 was very expensive). BMW C650 at about $15,000 out the door on the road.

I liked the Honda CRF 250 Rally but I banged on the bike and all of the plastics rattled loudly (I am hearing impaired). If I win the lottery, I like the Yamaha Super Tenere (1) or the Honda Africa Twin DCT (2).

Quite frankly I would not ride 95% of the bikes there. I don't like V-twins and I am to old (injured) for sport bikes. Most are too big or heavy for this short guy. I sat on a full dresser Harley and just barely got it upright. I asked the saleslady to be my spotter as I carefully got off the motorcycle.

The more I looked, the more I appreciated my less than perfect but paid for Honda Forza 300 scooter. The only maxi scooters were the MP3-500, Burgman 650 and the BMW C650-GT at huge prices with huge weights. Vespa might be an option but $$$?

I might go on Sunday also.