Forza 35mm TB

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Forza 35mm TB

Post by Pcxdemon »

I've placed an order for 35mm tb for my set up. It's cheap as chips on partzilla so I couldn't resist the temptation to give it a go.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Forza 35mm TB

Post by chicaboo »

Is this what Yuminashi are using for their 35mm TB for the PCX?
It looks the same except the IAT/WTF sensor point downward on the Yuminashi part.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/H ... parts.html
http://www.yuminashi.eu/35mm-throttle-body-set/

Timely that you posted this. I was considering a future 35mm TB when I dropped my 31mm TB off at the shop today to have the injection port closed.
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by BPT7594 »

Yes.
Yuminashi used another sensor block. That's what I'm trying to find out. No succeed yet. I guess they have figured that we have grown too smart to figure out their tricks so they did this "changing the sensor block" thing.
35 is very very very big though. Make sure your engine has a lot of compression and a big piston, at least 62 I think.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

I got 60mm dome high comp piston. It's just a play thing, no expectations at how it will work out. I'm sceptical at my fueling limitation if I introduce more air however I do have yuminashi fuel controller on stand by that will help me in that department..
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Hey Vlad, what valve clearance do you run with the domed piston and sports cam?
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by BPT7594 »

Use the specs that comes with your particular camshaft. In this case I guess it's a takegawa. If nothing is specified, use stock. 0.1mm intake and 0.24mm exhaust.
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Post by lolofigo »

Pcxdemon wrote:I've placed an order for 35mm tb for my set up. It's cheap as chips on partzilla so I couldn't resist the temptation to give it a go.
Hi is that from forza 125? Forza 125 throttle body part number is same as new cbr150r.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

The 35mm TB is from a Forza 300
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

This thread is pcx orienteded and its relevance.
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

Pcxdemon wrote:This thread is pcx orienteded and its relevance.
I gather that. Proud owner of 164 yuminashi pcx me self. Was just looking at parts microfiche for forza 125 the other day and noticed that throttle body. Was wondering how similar are the engines of pcx and forza 125. Cylinder has the same part number on both. I have little test ride on forza 125 and really liked it but it felt underpowered compared to 164 pcx.

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

lolofigo wrote:
I gather that. Proud owner of 164 yuminashi pcx me self. Was just looking at parts microfiche for forza 125 the other day and noticed that throttle body. Was wondering how similar are the engines of pcx and forza 125. Cylinder has the same part number on both. I have little test ride on forza 125 and really liked it but it felt underpowered compared to 164 pcx.

I just received enlarged intake manifold from webike made by Chameleon. It's quite much bigger than stock as it should be as it's made to work with 35mm tb. I've already got yuminashi intake manifold but it's smaller than this one, so I'm curios if I would gain anything by using it with 31mm tb that I already got. I suppose that'll be my first try mod before I give 35mm tb a go.
Forza 125 has 4v head and is piston has 4v pockets. I'm not sure and no one has tried transplanting that head on a Pcx, but if one could I assume 4v would make a nice positive difference. Forza 125 is an excellent performer and by the look of it mostly due to 4v engine.
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

Pcxdemon wrote:
lolofigo wrote:

I just received enlarged intake manifold from webike made by Chameleon. It's quite much bigger than stock as it should be as it's made to work with 35mm tb. I've already got yuminashi intake manifold but it's smaller than this one, so I'm curios if I would gain anything by using it with 31mm tb that I already got. I suppose that'll be my first try mod before I give 35mm tb a go.
Forza 125 has 4v head and is piston has 4v pockets. I'm not sure and no one has tried transplanting that head on a Pcx, but if one could I assume 4v would make a nice positive difference. Forza 125 is an excellent performer and by the look of it mostly due to 4v engine.
Do you run your 164 setup with fuel controller? I'm considering getting fuel controller as I have overheating problems on full throttle. I tried to bleed cooling system countless times but I don't think problem is there. It's more likely to be lean on full throttle as radiator isn't getting hot when red light comes on. I doesn't happen in slow traffic. Just full throttle specially on slip road going slightly downhill before joining dual carriageway. Is there any difference with fuel controller in power delivery?

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Are you running 125 head? 150 head is much better aligned with cooling water ports so the flow of water is unimpeded. I'm running 150 head now and I haven't had any dramas so far regarding overheating. Yes, I'm on 164 kit with larger yuminashi injector. It ran fine with it but I've added Takegawa fi controller to drop wot afr bit lower, Works fine...
Out of curiosity what spark plug are you running? I'm running cr10 and that has dropped my core engine temp by 2-3c degrees
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Hey lolo, did you upgrade your injector to the A type 6 hole?
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

Pcxdemon wrote:Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Are you running 125 head? 150 head is much better aligned with cooling water ports so the flow of water is unimpeded. I'm running 150 head now and I haven't had any dramas so far regarding overheating. Yes, I'm on 164 kit with larger yuminashi injector. It ran fine with it but I've added Takegawa fi controller to drop wot afr bit lower, Works fine...
Out of curiosity what spark plug are you running? I'm running cr10 and that has dropped my core engine temp by 2-3c degrees[/quote]
Yeah upgraded to cr10 not much difference. Don't want to spend money on fuel controller if it won't change much. For little bit more I can upgrade to 150 head.

lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

chicaboo wrote:Hey lolo, did you upgrade your injector to the A type 6 hole?
Yeah got 6 holes a type injector that comes with the yuminashi kit. Was gonna take the engine apart as when I was installing 164 head gasket looked bit od like it wasn't ment for my head sort of not exact fit but was so excited I put it in anyway. On maddiedog tutorial takegawa gasket was bit odd too so wasn't worried much. If I have to take engine apart to change gasket I might change head for 150 as it's almost same price as fuel controller.

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

If you get a PGM-FI fuel controller you'll have to spend at least as much again on top of that for dyno tuning.
The cheapest solution is the plug and Play Dobeck Electronic Jet Kit as you can adjust settings on the fly.
I'm installing a wideband gauge and sensor with my Dobeck so I can be absolutely certain about the AFR.
If you're running lean now, increasing the fuel mixture (lowering the AFR) will give an increase in power.
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

Pcxdemon wrote:Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Out of curiosity what spark plug are you running? I'm running cr10 and that has dropped my core engine temp by 2-3c degrees[/quote]
Are you using domed piston with 150 head? I was thinking that could be a solution to the overheating problems with better gasket fitment. Not quite sure if it's running lean on WOT. My sparkplug looks like this:
[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 823c1d.jpg[/img]

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Yes I am, I've got domed Piston. That spark plug looks bit lean but to actually read it properly you need to run it wot briefly then pull the plug out whilst hot to see what colour it is. That's a proper way to read it. I've ran Takegawa 170cc kit with 125 head for 5000km without overheating issues until i started upping the power output by adding 31mm tb and bigger injector possibly throwing fuel mixture slightly out of whack than what was a perfect fuel tune I had with Takegawa kit and it's fuel controller ( so you may be correct there) that your fuel mixture is slightly hot on wot..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Well, I had time to install the Tb after sometime I received it in the mail. It's considerably bigger than the current 31mm I had in there and so was the intake manifold. Intake manifold was a literally mating match for the throttle but could have been used with 31mm tb, only thing was the tb was pushed further back but also higher too so the seat would not fit anymore,so that was out the window straight away...The 35mm tb has a better position for the cable too just like a stock 24mm tb so that worked out great and it's almost slightly slimmer in physical appearance enabling it to fit in the spot perfectly, almost just like it's made for it. Once fitted took 5-6 attempts to start it but it started eventually. Ran fine straight away, afr was just like with 31mm tb. At that stage I need to put it back together for the test ride so I quickly just put the seat back in with no screws or nuts and bolts. I had no further mods done to the fuel injection side so I wasn't sure what I'd find once I started riding it. This is what I felt, it breathes easier, it's quicker on throttle response, pulls harder half, 3/4 and full throttle, has more intake growl like a car with pod filter ( more so than before). Afr is literally unchanged from running a 31mm tb with the old fuel set up. It feels great!