Forza 35mm TB

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Forza 35mm TB

Post by chicaboo »

Pcxdemon wrote:Well, I had time to install the Tb after sometime I received it in the mail. It's considerably bigger than the current 31mm I had in there and so was the intake manifold. Intake manifold was a literally mating match for the throttle but could have been used with 31mm tb, only thing was the tb was pushed further back but also higher too so the seat would not fit anymore,so that was out the window straight away...The 35mm tb has a better position for the cable too just like a stock 24mm tb so that worked out great and it's almost slightly slimmer in physical appearance enabling it to fit in the spot perfectly, almost just like it's made for it. Once fitted took 5-6 attempts to start it but it started eventually. Ran fine straight away, afr was just like with 31mm tb. At that stage I need to put it back together for the test ride so I quickly just put the seat back in with no screws or nuts and bolts. I had no further mods done to the fuel injection side so I wasn't sure what I'd find once I started riding it. This is what I felt, it breathes easier, it's quicker on throttle response, pulls harder half, 3/4 and full throttle, has more intake growl like a car with pod filter ( more so than before). Afr is literally unchanged from running a 31mm tb with the old fuel set up. It feels great!
Did the Forza 35mm TB come with sensors, or did you reuse the stock sensors?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

You can reuse stock sensors but that's only valid for v1 Pcx.
Anyway a good indicator of engine producing more power is that the current weights setup for x amount of rpm have become too light since I've installed this 35mm tb. In fact I have increased it by 1.5g each slider so from 10g to 11.5 at the moment to rein in extra hp from the engine and keep it at those x amount of rpm. That may increase further as the transmition settles in...
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

I didn't like the fat lip on the stock 35mm tb as I thought it would hinder smooth air passage from airbox hose in to the tb itself. So I've decided to use some crude tools to taper the edge in to funnel shape. This way now there is a smooth transition for air traveling from the air hose in to the tb and engine itself.
Attachments
IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG (1.76 MiB) Viewed 774 times
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Original shape
Attachments
IMG_1482.PNG
IMG_1482.PNG (1.36 MiB) Viewed 774 times
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Different angle
Attachments
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG (1.86 MiB) Viewed 774 times
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Does the 35mm TB have the same OD on the inlet as the 31mm TB, of about 46mm?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

38mm on the intake side. I've gradually enlarged it to 40mm and at the top of the taper goes up to 45mm..I could do more all round but it's good as is now..