Forza Update

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dufus
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Forza Update

Post by Dufus »

I posted here last summer when I purchased a used Forza 300 ABS. This is an update on my impressions and experience. Bottom line is that I love this bike, but details follow.

Performance: The bike has great geometry, as steering is intuitive, stable, and amazingly responsive, and braking is stop-on-a-dime with complete control. Acceleration from a stop puts me into a slot in steady 40 mph traffic in 2-3 seconds depending on terrain. I've not pushed the bike past 80 mph but it performs well there. The dash tells me that I'm getting a steady 67 mpg with the tall Givi windscreen installed.

Utility: Shopping trips are convenient since I can lock quite a bit of stuff under the seat. The hydraulic support holding the seat up for access works very well down to freezing, but doesn't hold the seat up well below that. Nonetheless, it's a simple thing to block the seat with one arm while loading the cargo area. The bike is made for wet weather riding such that daily commutes and parking have been much less of an issue in rain than they were with my Vulcan.

Warranty: I bought the bike used when it was already 2 years old, and was told by the local Honda dealer that it had all recalls already performed. Nonetheless, I received a call from the dealer recently advising me that there was a recall on the fuel pump which had not been performed, and assuring me that the work would cost me nothing. I'll get around to it when there's no salt on the roads.

Attitude: Of course, Harley riders are verbally abusive of anyone on a scooter. What else is new? I didn't expect this bike to trigger dangerous responses from cage drivers, though. It seems that my mere presence on the road elicits a racing instinct in many such people, whether they're piloting an old SUV or a brand-new sedan. I've seen folks go 60 in a 30 zone when I start to pass them, or go 75 in a 55 zone simply because they discover me in their rear view mirror. It's predictably juvenile, but it happens even with my fellow old farts.

Again, bottom line is I love this bike, and recommend it without reservation.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Forza Update

Post by easyrider »

I find riding a scooter can be a target . Several times I found myself a target for aggressive and senseless driving. Just the way it is on a bike .
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Yep, everyone wants to tailgate, overtake or race a scooter no matter how fast or slow you are.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Passing people doing 60mph in a 30 zone? Of course they are going to think you are a bigger dick than them.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Forza Update

Post by kramnala58 »

Thread moved here because it was accidentally started in the Forza 125 forum.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

you you wrote:Passing people doing 60mph in a 30 zone? Of course they are going to think you are a bigger dick than them.
No. He's saying other people will do 60mph to pass him in a 30mph zone in retaliation, because he started to pass them (at an unspecified speed) in said 30mph zone.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

chicaboo wrote:
you you wrote:Passing people doing 60mph in a 30 zone? Of course they are going to think you are a bigger dick than them.
No. He's saying other people will do 60mph to pass him in a 30mph zone in retaliation, because he started to pass them (at an unspecified speed) in said 30mph zone.

Fair enough
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

chicaboo wrote:
I would think the FORZA would be fast enough to win that race :D I have not noticed people driving especially bad when I am on my SH150i here in Miami. People here just drive horribly all the time, I have to look out weather I am in my car on on my scooter. I put lots of lighting and a super loud horn my scooter which helps a lot.

Mike
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

Dufus wrote:
Again, bottom line is I love this bike, and recommend it without reservation.
Thanks for the review !!! This is exactly what I expected from the Honda Forza and why I am going to get one. I am just waiting for the 2017 model with the LED headlights, keyless system, and bigger wheels :D

Mike
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

It seems Honda is still selling brand new 2014 Forza 300's

Honda USA is even advertising 2012 Honda Silverwings.

I doubt if there will be a 2017 Forza but I am frequently wrong.
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Embattle »

I doubt there is going to be any update to the Forza 300, personally I'll be taking delivery of a 2014 Burgman 400ZA next week and eventually sell my 2014 PCX.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

Embattle wrote:I doubt there is going to be any update to the Forza 300, personally I'll be taking delivery of a 2014 Burgman 400ZA next week and eventually sell my 2014 PCX.
A agree with getting rid of the PCX, it has no ABS, and is not fast enough for the highway.

Why a Burgman ??? That thing is HUGE and feels so heavy. I looked at the Burgman, and it was so big, it was not like a scooter anymore... Why dont you consider geting a Forza ???

Mike
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

I agree. 14,500 km on a Forza, an I'm no more interested in the Majesty I had in mind. A friend
with the Majesty had let me ride it on the road, and I was totally impressed with its power and
smoothness on the road...but what an elephant it was downtown! I had decided to buy one anyway,
but at the very last minute opted for the $2000-rebated Forza, hoping for the best from its smaller
engine. Well, I'm now so happy with its nimbleness, surprising power , and its (high oem) windshield, no way I'm gonna trade this one! Plus of course it's a Honda, so after the pump recall it should have a very long trouble-free life --just like other Hondas.

It now stands at the ready, lubed and greased and anti-seized , and waiting for the sun to shine...
...three eternal months.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Looks like Burgman 200 is only choice in the States for a reliable, well proven 200CC scooter which seems to fit right in the middle for being light and powerful enough for freeway. Its is kind of butt ugly in many angels and with a terrible looking windscreen. Thats my only gripe. Love that old style tachometer on the dash on it. I too agree that once a scooter is heavy like the Burgman 400 or Majesty or even Honda's Forza 300 its takes a lot of fun out of riding it in the city. The wise thing to do is buy a used Burgman 200 if you can find one. Very hard to do.
:geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

aguim, three eternal months where? I have the same time frame here on the Long Island. Where are you? Please toss your location into your profile mix by following my easy directions below. It will help us and you in the end with responses and H e l p.

And yes, I hear ya...Itsa biotch waiting to ride again. It's only January, geez. Salt and sand have now blanketed our roads. WN stays put winterized whilst I :cry:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Winter beyonds suck, can't wait till I have the money to be a snowbird. My neighbors in AZ are kind of close but yet so far away. In Tuscon its 74 degrees as I type. : (
:geek:
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Embattle »

JetPilot wrote:
Embattle wrote:I doubt there is going to be any update to the Forza 300, personally I'll be taking delivery of a 2014 Burgman 400ZA next week and eventually sell my 2014 PCX.
A agree with getting rid of the PCX, it has no ABS, and is not fast enough for the highway.

Why a Burgman ??? That thing is HUGE and feels so heavy. I looked at the Burgman, and it was so big, it was not like a scooter anymore... Why dont you consider geting a Forza ???

Mike
Well in a few years I'll be moving away from London and would need something with more power, weight, etc so I picked a second hand burgman 400ZA which suits me better than the Forza in my opinion.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

87112 wrote:Winter beyonds suck, can't wait till I have the money to be a snowbird. My neighbors in AZ are kind of close but yet so far away. In Tuscon its 74 degrees as I type. : (
You got that right !!! I always hated waiting 8 months out of the year for it to warm up. The occasional snow is fun, and nice to see, but a few days of snow are NOT worth 8 moths of cold... That is why I am in Miami, people up north said I would miss the change of seasons, etc. What a bunch of garbage, not having winter is AWESOME !!! We do get an occasional cold day in January, but in 2 days it is warm like summer again. Tomorrow will be 77 degrees, warm enough to ride !!!

Mike
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Embattle »

It is indeed bigger than my PCX :p