Forza top speed?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Adonai1st
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Forza top speed?

Post by Adonai1st »

Hi, thinking of buying a new old stock 2014 Honda Forza (zero miles on it at the dealership).. .what's the top speed on this bike completely stock? Thx...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Forza top speed?

Post by gn2 »

87mph flat out in ideal conditions.
Mine will pull 75 uphill into a headwind.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I am getting 135 kmph (84 mph) with my 200 lbs behind a tall Honda screen and a 55 litre Givi top box hanging out the back.

Wind direction seems important for top speed. Going downhill does not seem to make much difference.

I have 40,000 km on my 2014 Forza 300.
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

my Garmin gps says 84 mph top speed
Adonai1st

Post by Adonai1st »

Okay cool, thanks!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I checked out my speedometer with a GPS once. It seemed to be fairly accurate. Close enough for me. I am not too anal about scooter speeds.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The top speed is too fast for those small wheels and inadequate suspension.

The low c of g is the only thing stopping the Forza from seriously injuring the rider.

Going down the 4000 foot high Coquihalla at top speed next to a 30 wheel lumber truck with exploding brakes and tires is the definition of insanity. I miss it, looking out at all the snow.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

davenowherejones wrote:The top speed is too fast for those small wheels and inadequate suspension.

The low c of g is the only thing stopping the Forza from seriously injuring the rider.

Going down the 4000 foot high Coquihalla at top speed next to a 30 wheel lumber truck with exploding brakes and tires is the definition of insanity. I miss it, looking out at all the snow.
On the type of roads its intended for the Forza is very stable indeed, right up to its maximum speed.
Its not a dirt bike ;)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

davenowherejones wrote:The top speed is too fast for those small wheels and inadequate suspension.
this is your opinion not a fact

I could not disagree more
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

OK, why is 84 mph safe on a motorcycle?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

gn2 wrote:

On the type of roads its intended for the Forza is very stable indeed, right up to its maximum speed.
Its not a dirt bike ;)
I have never been to Scotland. All the roads are perfect?

84 mph is 123 feet per second which does not give you much time to go around bumps which are hidden by the vehicles in front of you.

The Forza is stable at 84 mph on a straight stretch of road. It is hard to find a straight stretch of perfect roads around here. The next corner comes at you pretty quick and there is always someone going slowly.

We are having a problem with dementia cases driving on the wrong side of the road on a four lane divided highway. Please take away your grandparents keys before they hurt someone.

84 mph is not safe because the RCMP gave me a ticket saying so. It gets expensive.

The Forza is not safe because it can't reach 88 mph stock and the flux capacitor will never work properly.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I saw in the neighborhood of 80+mph on my 2014 Forza. It felt safe & stable at those speeds. Comes stock with good tires and a solid chassis.
I am 6'3" and 270 lbs. Little squirrely f_____n fellow might find it a handful at those speeds - I didn't. ;)
Fish
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

-12C & no riding lately. Putting sound tiles on the bedroom wall. The trains are too noisy. Riding would be cheaper. I need more stuff.
zanggerk
Year: 2012
Color: black

Post by zanggerk »

davenowherejones wrote:I am getting 135 kmph (84 mph) with my 200 lbs behind a tall Honda screen and a 55 litre Givi top box hanging out the back.

Wind direction seems important for top speed. Going downhill does not seem to make much difference.

so that all relates to a Forza 300? What is the top speed of a Forza 125?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

zanggerk wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:I am getting 135 kmph (84 mph) with my 200 lbs behind a tall Honda screen and a 55 litre Givi top box hanging out the back.

so that all relates to a Forza 300? What is the top speed of a Forza 125?
Well considering this is a Forza 300 forum I have no idea what a Forza 125 will do?
Adonai1st

Post by Adonai1st »

I was asking because right now im on a 2013 PCX 150 that tops out at 62mph max. I'm considering the Forza because I was something that can go at least 80mph for when i'm on the interstate here in St. Louis. I'll stick to the speed limit which is 55 to 60 but having something capable of going faster mainly to get out of the was of traffic or at least stay with traffic speeds would be really nice.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

Adonai1st wrote:I was asking because right now im on a 2013 PCX 150 that tops out at 62mph max. I'm considering the Forza because I was something that can go at least 80mph for when i'm on the interstate here in St. Louis. I'll stick to the speed limit which is 55 to 60 but having something capable of going faster mainly to get out of the was of traffic or at least stay with traffic speeds would be really nice.
Hi Adonai1st,

Then the FORZA will be PERFECT for you, buy it !!!! How much are they selling it for ???

Mike
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

zanggerk wrote:What is the top speed of a Forza 125?
In ideal conditions around 73mph.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

gn2 wrote: On the type of roads its intended for the Forza is very stable indeed, right up to its maximum speed.
Its not a dirt bike ;)
What ???????????????????????????????????????????????? I was going to get the Honda Forza to go out in the dirt, and fly over rocks and whoops at 80 MPH, do some steep hill climbs and maybe even a few small jumps. Now you go and rain on my parade....

Mike
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I think gn2 does not believe we have 4 lane super highways in Canada.