Kymco DT 350i vs Forza 300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pja2536
Year: 2013
Color: BLACK

Re: Kymco DT 350i vs Forza 300

Post by pja2536 »

Andreas

Nice seat! Why didn't Honda make it like this from the factory?

Regards,
Peter
Peter Anderson & Co.

"HE HAD offices in Sydney, not so many years ago,
And his shingle bore the legend 'Peter Anderson and Co.',
But his real name was Careless, as the fellows understood-
And his relatives decided that he wasn't any good."

Henry Lawson, August, 1895
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

pja2536 wrote:Chicaboo!

Can I offer some comments?

Like you, I also live in Australia. I have owned my black Forza 300 for several years. I use it around town and also for light touring with trips lasting from one to seven days.

My first gripe was THE SEAT! I found it awful, I'm not that tall but probably a little rotund, but I found I was sitting much too close to the handlebars and could not stretch my feet out enough for comfort on long rides. I should note that this was not such a problem for short around town rides. I solved the problem by getting MJM Custom Motorcycle Seats in Goulburn, NSW to re-shape my seat. See http://forzaseat.peter2536.fastmail.net/album/

Other issues with the Forza have included:
* The original Dunlop tyres were not good and wore quite quickly, under 8,000 km. These were replaced with Perrellis which have lasted quite well but their "vee" profile took some getting used to. When they wear out I will try a set of Sava tyres.
* The Forza has been subject to two recalls; one minor and one for a fuel pump (I think). Other than that its been extremely reliable.
* Power is disappointing. I rode a series of much larger bikes prior to the Forza and I know its only a "300" but there is no denying that it lacks pull occasionally. Note to Honda: A Forza 500 would be a world beater!

In relation to the Kymco; I believe they are made in Taiwan and not only do they make several different scooters for Kawasaki they also make engines and complete bikes for BMW. I don't think you would have any problems with a Kymco. Look on the Scooter Community website http://scootercommunity.com.au/forums/ there are a few Kymco riders there and none seem to complain.

My advice is ride as many different scooters AND bikes as you can before you buy! There are some really great bikes in the 250 - 400 cc category these days. They will be quicker than a Forza or Kymco but you will have to change your own gears :o :oops:

Now if I could make one last general comment. I have not posted on this forum for quite some time but I have really noticed the anger and bad temper some members have displayed in posts above. Difference makes the world go around; just because somebody likes something you don't doesn't make them stupid or you "right" for that matter. These forums work best when we are all civil to each other and try to help not ridicule each other. Just a personal view! :roll: :cry: ;) :D

Regards,
Peter
Hey Peter,

Thanks for your thoughtful post. I'm not in the market for a new scooter, but like any person with a healthy interest in technology and gear, I love window shopping and indulging the thought.
If my PCX was stolen or written off tomorrow (and I wasn't), it'd be good to have a backup plan and something to get back on in a hurry without too much dithering if I still had the nerve.
I don't know if a big scooter is in my future, or say a KTM Duke 390, Honda CB500F/X, Yamaha SR400, or Kawasaki Vulcan S? All bikes I find interesting on my restricted 650cc licence.
The problem I found with most scooters are they are plenty powerful enough but not ergonomic. Or fairly ergonomic and flexible with inadequate power, like the PCX.
In the new year I am installing a BBK and some supporting mods on my PCX, which I am led to believe makes it as fast as any 300 class scooter around. Just more nimble and affected by wind.

Yep, negative posts...
I've pretty much stopped posting much on here in the last couple months because the mods won't address harassing/flaming/bating type behaviour unless it briefly deals with politics or religion.
Because of this, I made a post once cheekily requesting people not to side track the thread or be shitheads and just stay on topic. I was hammered for it by those who would've done such regardless.
Oh well, it is what it is, and the forum suffers or prospers for it in kind.

Cheers, Gav.
pja2536
Year: 2013
Color: BLACK

Post by pja2536 »

Chicaboo,

Look at the Scooter Community forum; you don't get much bad behaviour over there.

Regards,
Peter
Peter Anderson & Co.

"HE HAD offices in Sydney, not so many years ago,
And his shingle bore the legend 'Peter Anderson and Co.',
But his real name was Careless, as the fellows understood-
And his relatives decided that he wasn't any good."

Henry Lawson, August, 1895
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

pja2536 wrote:Chicaboo,

Look at the Scooter Community forum; you don't get much bad behaviour over there.

Regards,
Peter
I've tried to sign up twice with two different email addresses, and I've never been approved, so I can't sign in and post.
If it isn't too much trouble, could you contact an admin there, and given them my email address and have me approved?
If so, I can pass my details on to you via a PM here.

Cheers, Gav.