2017 Model Forza, Will it exist in the USA ???

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Re: 2017 Model Forza, Will it exist in the USA ???

Post by JetPilot »

gn2 wrote:The ADV simply isn't a scooter, its a motorbike for men who like to dress up as Lara Croft.
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. The ADV is a motorcycle in every way, NOT a scooter. It is based on the NC750 Dual clutch transmission option. They only difference of the Honda X ADV from the NC750 Dual clutch automatic motorcycle, is that the ADV has different plastics, flat foot rests, and other minor things.

I have no idea why a few people " think " it is a scooter....

Mike
willowdalescoot
Year: 2015
Color: Candy Noble Red

Post by willowdalescoot »

The Honda website in Canada does not show any information regarding the 2017 Forza or the 2017 PCX150, however, I saw a 2017 PCX150 at the dealership and the only difference between it and the 2016 and 2015 was the colour, a dark Blue.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

gn2 wrote:The ADV simply isn't a scooter, its a motorbike for men who like to dress up as Lara Croft.
Lara wouldn't be caught dead on a twist n go. She's very patriotic and only rides BSA, Enfield and Triumph to my knowledge. :P
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

willowdalescoot wrote:The Honda website in Canada does not show any information regarding the 2017 Forza or the 2017 PCX150, however, I saw a 2017 PCX150 at the dealership and the only difference between it and the 2016 and 2015 was the colour, a dark Blue.
So no 'keyless' ignition nor new tyres? Hope Honda have sorted the final drive bearings and steering bearings - two things that seem to be a common problem on the PCX and other Honda's (steering) < coming from a Honda tech who posted this on the FB PCX forum. Said he's changed 100's of those kind of bearings in PCX and other Honda's.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

iceman wrote:
willowdalescoot wrote: < coming from a Honda tech who posted this on the FB PCX forum.
Can you post a link to that forum ? I had no idea it even existed.

Mike
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

davenowherejones wrote:IIt has cost me $8769.83 so far. I have 40069 kilometers on the odometer.

So was this a good deal?

Is the 2017 Forza worthy of consideration?

Hi Dave,

How do you possibly spend 8769.83 on a Honda Forza. ???????????????????????

I could purchase a Forza, replace the entire engine, and still not spend that much.... This just does not make any sense even with the minor problems you have had. Can you give a few more details ???

Mike
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

JetPilot wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:It has cost me $8769.83 so far. I have 40069 kilometers on the odometer.

So was this a good deal?

Is the 2017 Forza worthy of consideration?

Hi Dave,

How do you possibly spend 8769.83 on a Honda Forza. ???????????????????????

I could purchase a Forza, replace the entire engine, and still not spend that much.... This just does not make any sense even with the minor problems you have had. Can you give a few more details ???

Mike
Let me start by saying most if not all people are in total denial as to what a motorcycle really costs them. They make all sorts of excuses and lies.

I have a spread sheet that I enter everything into. But to tell the truth the spreadsheet does not tell the full story. It should really have all the lost wages from riding during work days and other dumb stuff I have done.

I bought the 2014 Forza 300 from a backyard wrecker/rebuilder in June of 2015 for $3500 ($2600 USA). All prices are in Canadian dollars. One Canadian dollar is worth 75 cents USA right now which would change the prices quite a bit.

The new price of a 2014 Forza has dropped a lot since it first came out. Originally $6400 msrp in Canada but you have to add about $800 in taxes and $500 delivery/prep etc to bring it to $7700 plus about $400 insurance so $8100 on the road.

Insurance was $530 for a 1.5 years. I have spent $487 on tires for my 38721 km that I have ridden so far. 1450 km when I bought it.

Gas has been $1544 so far.

That gives about $2700 for assorted stuff like a tall windshield and a massive GIVI tail box ($450). I have bought spark plugs, brake pads, oil, air filters, LED headlights, belt and some Honda service work.

The Forza is my hobby and cheaper than psychiatric treatment.

There is no denying that it costs money.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

davenowherejones wrote:
JetPilot wrote:
davenowherejones wrote: The Forza is my hobby and cheaper than psychiatric treatment.

There is no denying that it costs money.
Hi Dave,

That makes more sense, I was thinking you spent that much in purchase and repairs. For total purchase / operating costs over the years, that is not bad.

Do you use the Forza for work or transportation, going to the store, etc. etc ??? I would say your total is pretty cheap for transportation over a few years, much cheaper than a car or truck would have been.

As far as the fun factor, and just going out and riding, riding the Forza is a heck of a lot less expensive than going to bars, alcohol, golfing, and a lot of other things that one might do. If Forza gives you a lot of enjoyment, it is an absolute bargain.

Mike
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

JetPilot wrote:
iceman wrote:
willowdalescoot wrote: < coming from a Honda tech who posted this on the FB PCX forum.
Can you post a link to that forum ? I had no idea it even existed.
Mike
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1609817985925368
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

My Forza is for the avoiding of working so that I don't make any money and have to pay taxes.
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by Embattle »

So at the moment it doesn't appear that there will be a new Forza, so far we've seen new 2017 Kymcos, Yamaha's, Sym and Suzuki's in the 300-400 range.
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

You know what's new on Honda Forza 300 MY2017? There are NO recalls or warranty repairs. That's all.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

The Yamaha Majesty is gone too in the USA, makes me wonder about this. I think its because cities are getting more crowded in USA and riders in the city want a lighter more compact ride. The Majesty had not been redone in over 10 years! I had a 2007 model, wonderful hwy freeway interstate ride.
:geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: ...

Post by gn2 »

DioTiAma wrote:You know what's new on Honda Forza 300 MY2017? There are NO recalls or warranty repairs. That's all.
How can there be warranty repairs on a scooter that's not even on sale yet...?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by DioTiAma »

Εκνευριστικέ, i was being sarcastic.
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User

Honda Forza 300 MY2017

Post by DioTiAma »

Good morning. I found this information scattered on the net:

"All enthusiasts should be ready for Honda Forza 300 MY2017. Riding impression is boosted with better handling and comfort. Also, drivetrain is tuned, although it is the same 279cc displacement. It is also more efficient than before. Safety is getting improvements with new ABS system. Engine is slightly modified. Upcoming Honda Forza 300 2017 uses the same V-Matic automatic transmission as the MY2016. NSS300A MY2017 differs from current lineup in few things. All existing features are going to be updated, including dashboard and seat. New Honda Forza 300 is going to use old paint job".
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Honda Forza 300 MY2017

Post by JetPilot »

DioTiAma wrote:Good morning. I found this information scattered on the net:

"All enthusiasts should be ready for Honda Forza 300 MY2017. Riding impression is boosted with better handling and comfort. Also, drivetrain is tuned, although it is the same 279cc displacement. It is also more efficient than before. Safety is getting improvements with new ABS system. Engine is slightly modified. Upcoming Honda Forza 300 2017 uses the same V-Matic automatic transmission as the MY2016. NSS300A MY2017 differs from current lineup in few things. All existing features are going to be updated, including dashboard and seat. New Honda Forza 300 is going to use old paint job".
That is what I have been waiting for !!!! Really good news :D That also explains dealers not telling anyone about the new improved FORZA, and trying to sell the old ones cheap. I will be waiting for the 2017...

Mike
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by Embattle »

Having something somewhere on the net really means little, at the moment until I see something concrete I wouldn't get to excited.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

Embattle wrote:Having something somewhere on the net really means little, at the moment until I see something concrete I wouldn't get to excited.
Hi Embattle,

You are very right... I certainly would not put any money on there being a 2017 model, people post pure #%*&# on the net all the time. I will just wait a while and see what is announced. If available, I will get a 2017 model FORZA with 16 inch rims, LED lights, keyless ignition, improved handling, with aluminum frame that weighs 100 pounds less :D If not, I will get a good deal on a last model year 2016....

Mike
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

I went to the dealer over the weekend and still no new FORZA :( The manager told me if the 2017 Forza is not released by now, it is probably either getting major improvements, or getting the Axe. He also mentioned that they do not sell very many of them....

Mike