2017 Model Forza, Will it exist in the USA ???

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Re: 2017 Model Forza, Will it exist in the USA ???

Post by 87112 »

IMO, the best value out there by FAR for a scooter than can be ridden comfortable for saying 4 to 8 hrs in a day is the Yamaha Majesty. The power is outstanding and gets 50-60 MPG while having all the legroom as well as excellent wind protection for legs and arms. They are giving it away used.
:geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Majesty doesn't have ABS which is why I don't have one.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

gn2 wrote:Majesty doesn't have ABS which is why I don't have one.
I agree with that 1000 %, I would not even consider a bike or scooter that does not have ABS anymore. I have ridden for many years, and have better skills than most. I am also smart enough to know the limitations of all humans, and that ABS is never tired, never thinking about something else, and never panicked when a car pulls in front of you. ABS is every bit as much as a safety feature as a helmet.

Most of my bikes do not have ABS because it is just not available on Dual Sport bikes yet :( If I ever need to stop ASAP, I just hope I am on my ABS equipped Honda CB500X.

Mike
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

What's all this ABS talk? You're going to stir the counter-safety, anti-conspicuity crowd again. ;)
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

So if the Forza is discontinued then how long will we be able to get parts?

Some parts are generic so that could be OK. Ford ? has started to obsolete parts really quickly. If the 2009 Ford computer gets fried you have to buy a new truck.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ford-f1 ... -1.3746577
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Good question but I dont think the Forza will be discontinued worldwide...It is very popular in Asia etc....big sales.
Sales discontinued in USA and UK/Europe?...yes likely/possible due to sales levels...but parts should still be available as it will still be being built...IMO.
Could be slower and more expensive to get some parts specific to the Forza NSS300 but I would expect Honda and Honda bike dealers to still have them available...at least by order.....but as I say only IMO.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

davenowherejones wrote:So if the Forza is discontinued then how long will we be able to get parts?

Some parts are generic so that could be OK. Ford ? has started to obsolete parts really quickly. If the 2009 Ford computer gets fried you have to buy a new truck.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ford-f1 ... -1.3746577
I believe hereabouts manufacturers are obliged to provide parts for ten years.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I just looked at Honda USA. They are listing 2012 Honda Silverwing scooters.

Are they STILL trying to get rid of those?
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Probably. Know for sure that a local dealer still has a 2013 available. He marks the price up and down at various intervals. I got a NOS 2013 for $5995 in August of last year. Have since seen the other one as low as $5495 at one point; it's $6495 now.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I paid $3500 Canadian for a written off ICBC wreck that was only dropped in a parking lot with 1450 km on the clock. It has cost me $8769.83 so far. I have 40069 kilometers on the odometer.

So was this a good deal?

Is the 2017 Forza worthy of consideration?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

davenowherejones wrote:Is the 2017 Forza worthy of consideration?
Its been the same scooter since 2013, so no point in changing for a new one which is exactly the same spec as the one you have.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

gn2 How many miles on yours now? 40069 km is 24900 miles I don't know if the bigger number is more impressive or scary as in worn out.

Too cold to ride in the rain to dentist. I fell and cracked a molar. Slippery wooden steps. Too many dollars will be spent today.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:I paid $3500 Canadian for a written off ICBC wreck that was only dropped in a parking lot with 1450 km on the clock. It has cost me $8769.83 so far. I have 40069 kilometers on the odometer.

So was this a good deal?

What's an ICBC wreck?
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Went for a test ride on a Forza. Dealer had a blow out on a new 2014 and willing to give me 200 dollars less than what I paid for on the 125 that I got 2 months ago. I passed on it after a test ride, I knew it was heavy and wide but that " feel" was not there. Did not feel agile to me,well to be honest not that fun. I thought the Burgman 200 was more fun. However I have not taken the Burg 200 on the freeway.
:geek:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

you you wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:I paid $3500 Canadian for a written off ICBC wreck that was only dropped in a parking lot with 1450 km on the clock. It has cost me $8769.83 so far. I have 40069 kilometers on the odometer.

So was this a good deal?

What's an ICBC wreck?
The government of British Columbia Insurance Corporation. We all have to pay the government big money to drive. $356 for a license plate and practically no liability insurance. The previous owner dropped the scooter in a parking lot. They added up all the Honda prices on the plastics and decided to write off the practically brand new 2014 Honda Forza scooter. We have a lot of insurance fraud.

The engine wasn't even broken in when they declared it to be scrap metal.

All prices are Canadian worthless dollars.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The Forza 300 is a fat pig at low speeds. Mine does not handle low speed bumps very well. I suspect that is why the previous Asian owner of my ICBC wreck dropped it in a parking lot. He must have been a small guy because the passenger pegs have boots marks. With me on the scooter, you need a pretty small passenger, any volunteers?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The Forza 300 (or any scooter) isn't intended for rough roads, its for smooth tarmac roads on which the handling is outstanding.
Mine has just over 33,000 miles, (53000km) soon I will be taking a picture when it gets to 33333.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

gn2 wrote:The Forza 300 (or any scooter) isn't intended for rough roads, its for smooth tarmac roads on which the handling is outstanding.
Mine has just over 33,000 miles, (53000km) soon I will be taking a picture when it gets to 33333.
Actually the new Honda ADV is meant for rough roads but it is barely a scooter. I like the ADV concept but the 750cc engine is a bit big and I bet it will be really heavy also really expensive.

A 399cc version would be nice for our insurance categories. 750cc is double the yearly insurance of a 399cc here.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The ADV simply isn't a scooter, its a motorbike for men who like to dress up as Lara Croft.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

gn2 wrote:The ADV simply isn't a scooter, its a motorbike for men who like to dress up as Lara Croft.
Now where do I get an outfit?