2017 Model Forza, Will it exist in the USA ???

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Embattle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Re: 2017 Model Forza, Will it exist in the USA ???

Post by Embattle »

Yeah it doesn't look like it'll be replaced, which means in the UK only the SH300 will remain in that EU4 group of mid range scooters.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

I have an SH150i, and it is a great scooter for around town, BUT... I do not like the sitting position. The straight up riding position is great for 30 minutes around town, watching everywhere for traffic, but it is HORRIBLE for long rides on the highway. There is no way to move your feet forward which gets really bad after the first hour... I do not need a 300 CC scooter for around town, I need it for the highway. So even if the SH300i was available here, I would not get one.

Mike
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Embattle »

Yeah I'm not a fan of that sort of leg/feet position, hence why I like everything about the new xmax 300 except the the possible resulting feet position.
ggs34
Color: red

Post by ggs34 »

I had a 2006 sym hd200 scooter. it was awesome. I do not know what you people are taking about. It never used much gas. and the power was awesome for a 170cc almost faster than my forza that think was built like a tank and very easy to work on
And kymco is getting much better than even honda there working with bwm has put them leaps ahead of qualty from were they were.
And as far as i am considered Honda forza sucks.
The only thing good on the machine is the breaks the rest is poor design and poor quality.
Look at veaspa they are way ahead of honda they give you abs traction control and a Security system all stock. Faster than any cheep cheesy forza that sucks gas like the wind
60 mpg on highway riding at 55 is the best i can get loosy. My vespa get like 80mpg+ and much more power

I have owned kymco vespa and now honda, genuine, Yamaha and the forza is way over priced and needs a whole new rework from the ground up .The seat, design and shocks with much more travel happy scooting thanks for reading just my opinion.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

ggs34 wrote:I had a 2006 sym hd200 scooter. it was awesome. I do not know what you people are taking about. It never used much gas. and the power was awesome for a 170cc almost faster than my forza that think was built like a tank and very easy to work on
And kymco is getting much better than even honda there working with bwm has put them leaps ahead of qualty from were they were.
And as far as i am considered Honda forza sucks.
The only thing good on the machine is the breaks the rest is poor design and poor quality.
Look at veaspa they are way ahead of honda they give you abs traction control and a Security system all stock. Faster than any cheep cheesy forza that sucks gas like the wind
60 mpg on highway riding at 55 is the best i can get loosy. My vespa get like 80mpg+ and much more power

I have owned kymco vespa and now honda, genuine, Yamaha and the forza is way over priced and needs a whole new rework from the ground up .The seat, design and shocks with much more travel happy scooting thanks for reading just my opinion.
I was trying to convince a buddy of mine to buy a cheap 2014 SYM HD200 yesterday since you don't need to do any mods to it.
But he was too bummed to look at anything else after missing out on the deal of the century on a $2000aud 2014 LED PCX. :lol:

Which Kymco scooter(s) did you have?
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

HD200- a very nice looking and priced right scooter for the engine size. However the floorboard just does not offer a comfortable ride for long distance. Legs are in one setting all thru the ride.
I have read twice in reviews it has a ripping motor.

I am thinking hard about the Burgman 200 which after tons of thought still has the best combination of hwy abilities and low weight. Saw one with 50 miles on it for 2699. Unreal deal. Gone the same day I inquired about the bike. I wold have snagged it for sure.
:geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The Burgman 200 ABS has sneaked onto the Suzuki UK range for 2017 in either a matt sandy colour called "Titanium Silver" or gloss white.

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Canada is going to have very few 2017 bigger scooters available. Honda's biggest will be the PCX150. Leftover Forza's are still around. A Honda Canada corporate guy told me there might be some 2018's if they sell the 2014, 2015 & 2016's still at the dealers.

The only scooter Suzuki has for 2017 in Canada is the Burgman 650 ABS. Kawasaki does not do scooters in Canada. Yamaha's biggest 2017 is the SMAX 155.

The 2017 BMW C650GT will require you to take $20,000 to the very rare dealership. You won't be getting much change by the time you have a license plate, helmet, boots & gloves and a jacket. Pants are optional.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

gn2 wrote:The Burgman 200 ABS has sneaked onto the Suzuki UK range for 2017 in either a matt sandy colour called "Titanium Silver" or gloss white.

It looks to have that bloody toe recess, but still be able to facilitate a foot forward riding position.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

87112 wrote:HD200- a very nice looking and priced right scooter for the engine size. However the floorboard just does not offer a comfortable ride for long distance. Legs are in one setting all thru the ride.
I have read twice in reviews it has a ripping motor.
Yeah, the HD200 is a good looking scoot with a fairly torquey motor, but having your legs bent all day would suck.
The 200cc class with the most amazing motor would have to be the Aprilia Scarabeo, at 14kW it's a firecracker!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Best 200 is the Peugeot Citystar imo, now with ABS...
http://www.peugeotscooters.co.uk/peugeo ... -200cc-75/
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Wow, that is pokey, and a little Pugly. :lol:
We haven't had Pug scooters in Aus for years. So we have to settle for the Scarabeo as the ultimate 200cc champion.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Well I have decided to try and buy a 2016 White Burgman 200. I contacted the dealer today saying I would buy one for 4200 USA dollars all fees included.

What do you think of the looks.? I am sold on the ride. I have decided to pass on the 2014 one the color scheme and wheels don't work for me, I have never really liked silver wheels. The Burgman in the above photo is nice but looks like khaki pants to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcrx5xXJT5I
:geek:
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

It looks great, except the long legged have to sit with their knees bent up above their hips. :(
This is why I went for the PCX, it was the only cheap scooter with good leg positioning/room.
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

For what it's worth, Honda Forza 300 is NOT included in 2017 catalogue price of Honda motorcycles official dealer in Greece...
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

Well, here in the US, the web site is still letting us customize and order 2016 Forza 300s and 2013 Silverwing 600 ABSs. Does this mean that they still have a lot of stock they haven't moved?

It could be that Honda in the USA has decided not to bring in new stock because of our odd tax situations. Since a decision in the early 20th century, retailers have to pay taxes on their stock year after year even if it's the same stock. IIRC, the court decision involved a hardware store, but be that as it may, it is this decision that leads our book publishers to pulp excess stock rather than keep it on hand and pay taxes on the same copy of the same book year after year (which peculiarity I discovered in grad school, and which is why I maintain good relationships with academic book sellers in Europe).

So I'm just guessing here, but it may very well be that Honda USA has decided not to bring in and pay taxes on new stock if the old stock isn't moving.

Pax et bonum,
Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Embattle »

I would say beyond changing the 2016 number to 2017 there is in effect going to be no Forza 300 change/update.