2017 Forza 300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Embattle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

2017 Forza 300

Post by Embattle »

So what changes are people expecting to see other than engine changes due to Euro 4 regulations?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: 2017 Forza 300

Post by gn2 »

Embattle wrote:So what changes are people expecting to see other than engine changes due to Euro 4 regulations?
None.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Embattle wrote:So what changes are people expecting to see other than engine changes due to Euro 4 regulations?
OK, what is Euro 4?

I would like my missing 21cc. 300 should be 300.

I would also like the scooter to lose a hundred pounds.

And while we are being silly, let it cost a lot less.
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Embattle »

davenowherejones wrote:
OK, what is Euro 4?

I would like my missing 21cc. 300 should be 300.

Euro 4 is a European regulation for emissions, Euro 4 becomes a requirement on motorcycles next year:
The rules vary depending on performance, but for most full-size bikes carbon monoxide emissions, currently limited to 2.0g/km (grams per kilometre), drop to a maximum of 1.14g/km, while hydrocarbon limits drop from 0.3g/km to 0.17g/km and NOx falls from 0.15g/km to 0.09g/km. What’s more, the Euro 4 also introduces a durability test, so manufacturers need to prove that their engines can still meet the limits after 20,000km of use.

There’s also an ‘evaporative’ element of the emission test, which measures vapours that come from the evaporation of fuel over a period of time when the engine isn’t running. To pass, some bikes might need changes to their fuel caps, pipes or even completely new fuel tanks.
As an example the new 2016 SH300i has had the modifications thus is Euro 4 compliant.

Euro 5 for motorcycles is due in 2020.

I once wanted it to go on a diet but there is a flip side to making it lighter, I reckon it won't handle wind quite as well.

Personally I would like to see a slight increase in cc and power, LED lights, perhaps a slight improvement in rear suspension judging from what some people say on these forums.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

LED lights should be pretty easy, better suspension might cost a little more and it would be more to the point if I went on a diet.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

I rather like the weight of the Forza...it sits the road really well due to the weight and as a result I feel safer when on motorways etc.. Before buying it I had read a negative report on it being over heavy for its cc which nearly put me off but glad I ignored that comment. So no-one should be put off the scooter due to weight.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The weight thing is BS from the world of top trumps.
My ones lighter than your one ner ne ner ne ner ner.
That kind of thing.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

davenowherejones wrote:I would like my missing 21cc. 300 should be 300.

I agree dave... at least call it a Forza 280 or make it 299cc at least if it is to be called a 300.

Hundred pounds weight loss... check :D having the lightest 279cc scooter here (315lbs full tank).
I still wish it were sooo much lighter.
I just don't get all the complaints about wind blowing light scooters around, maybe it is the ridiculously big windscreens (sails) most people put on :?
Or maybe the wind just blows through my naked bikes ;)

Cost... wish i could get my money back from honda for all the stupid accessories i'm not using... parking brake, windscreen, barends, couch seat, etc, etc. :lol:
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Embattle »

Any bike with more body panels, such as scooters, will suffer more from cross winds and weight can counter this effect to a certain degree. My PCX certainly feels those cross winds, I think with a increase in power the forza would be even better in the power to weight ratio.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

If you look at the List of Current & Former Scooters in my Signature, the ones that weren't "TRUE" to their Model Class Number were/are:

- Kymco People S200 (163cc)
- Kymco People S250 (249cc)
- Honda Ruckus 50 (49cc)
- Kymco People 300GTi (298.9)
- Honda Big Ruckus PS250 (249cc)
- Honda Forza 300 (279cc)

Most were only 1cc off of their Model Class Number, with the exception of the Kymco People S200 missing 37cc's, and the Honda Forza 300 missing 21cc's.

I, for one, would like to get most of the Forza's missing CC's back, and under the Seat where they belong! I'm good with everything else as it is.

With regards to Wind Issues, my Honda Big Ruckus PS250, was pretty much a Frame Scooter, with just a few Tupperware Panels. At 65#'s less than the Forza, it still got blown around quite a bit in 20+mph Winds. With the Forza having more Tupperware Panels, and being 65#'s more than the Big Ruckus, the Weight helps hold the Road better. I like the weight the way it is. Just add on a few more CC's, and we're good to go!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I don't want the scooter to be any lighter. I've had 150cc scooters in the past and on windy days I could hardly ride them, got pushed around too much. I would like to have a more comfortable seat.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

I hope they do LED lights and they fit to the current Forza...
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I put aftermarket LED's in most of my sockets on the Forza 300. Never found amber ones yet. The headlights aren't quite right but I am sure there are better ones than what I have.