Anyone been in here?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Hoyt
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Anyone been in here?

Post by Hoyt »

Its great, thats exatly what i guess yesterday on my forza, using the bikebandit scheme (http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/201 ... #sch795531)

I will have a try during the next week, i prefer all that screws to hooks that make horrible noises, never sure to do the right way.

Thanks Again
Hoyt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Hoyt »

Work is done, one push pin, lot of screw, and its like new !
Thanks.
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

Thanks for all the great pics. Shows what is under all the plastics.
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by kar120c »

I wish to remove the rear fender, How difficult is it? Should I remove the bodypanels first?
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

That 34mm throttle body has all the same sensors as a early Pcx and also yuminashi 31mm tb, the only diff is it's operated by dual cable, this is what valiant needed on his '15 Pcx! A stright swap and only $75 from seado parts shop..
remida

Post by remida »

thinking about getting a Florza but after seeing these pics , looks like a maintenance nightmare, however I do appreciate the photos......
How often is the valve adjustment required, and is it difficult to get to ?
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

Valve adjustment interval is 26,000 km, so no hurry to get there. Personally, just out of curiosity,
I have checked them before that, only to realize I had better left them alone...

You'll have to remove the luggage box to 'get there'- not as complicated as it looks-- I can do it
in 15 minutes after some training. Just be careful with the plastics (I modified mine with a
Dremel so that they fit/remove easier-- not easy to explain even with pics, but it works just
fine).

BTW, the 'reserve maintenance lid' already mentioned is called that only because it
has the same part # as the real one (under the right 'carpet'). In fact, it gives access to the
coolant BLEEDER BOLT (the one with a copper sealing washer).
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

That door is used to bleed the cooling system.(access)
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Remida...dont be put off the Forza from concerns re maintenance difficulties.
It is a great bike. Have had mine from new 2.5 years ( 11,000mls from new now) and apart from the first service under warranty have carried out all service maintenance myself and I am certainly no mechanic .A full bike service /maintenance manual is a necessity however....along with some basic tools..and giving yourself some time.... The "pictures" in the manual can be initially a bit daunting but the manual simply takes you though each step in easy wordings which the "pictures" bring to life. Yes the plastic removals ( when necessary) can be a bit of a pain but doable....but I suspect thats the case with most of this style of bike.
I admit...if I did hit a serious issue I would need to take to a service garage...but for me that would be the case with any bike...and I have no intention of touching the valves ( unless there is a running problem.)...It is just a marvellous comfortable scooter.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

remida wrote:thinking about getting a Florza but after seeing these pics , looks like a maintenance nightmare, however I do appreciate the photos......
Not sure where you're seeing a nightmare here....
Few own/ride any scooter in the Forza class long enough to do a valve lash check....and even fewer need such.
Spark plug, engine oil, gear oil, air filter, battery, oil filter is all you'll likely ever touch.....and are dead simple procedures.
Some small Chinese scooters are easier to access the valves....but are 5 times more likely to require it.
Might be more what you're looking for.
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I traded my Forza at 34,500 miles, I very much doubt if the valves were ever checked.
At the 16,000 mile service the dealer didn't change the drive belt so I doubt they bothered with the valves either.
I know the valve clearances were not checked when due at 32,000 miles and it was still running sweet as it was when brand new.
Have no fear about engine maintenance on the Forza 300, its the rear brake you need to pay attention to...
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
remida

Post by remida »

fish wrote:
remida wrote:thinking about getting a Florza but after seeing these pics , looks like a maintenance nightmare, however I do appreciate the photos......
Not sure where you're seeing a nightmare here....
Few own/ride any scooter in the Forza class long enough to do a valve lash check....and even fewer need such.
Spark plug, engine oil, gear oil, air filter, battery, oil filter is all you'll likely ever touch.....and are dead simple procedures.
Some small Chinese scooters are easier to access the valves....but are 5 times more likely to require it.
Might be more what you're looking for.
Fish
Thanks for the reply certainly helps...my concern was the body panels that have to come off...I can see me popping one of those attachments
remida

Post by remida »

gn2 wrote:I traded my Forza at 34,500 miles, I very much doubt if the valves were ever checked.
At the 16,000 mile service the dealer didn't change the drive belt so I doubt they bothered with the valves either.
I know the valve clearances were not checked when due at 32,000 miles and it was still running sweet as it was when brand new.
Have no fear about engine maintenance on the Forza 300, its the rear brake you need to pay attention to...
Thanks......well I'm almost 81..so putting on about 4000 miles a summer is about what I'd be doing...you're talking 8 years before I'd need any major service....

Now my worry is this bike is made is Thailand..is that a concern with anybody here...parts ? ..etc
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Its due a change of drivebelt and valve clearance check every 16,000 miles, so you would be four years between major services, apart from that it would just need a yearly oil and filter change which is really easy to do yourself.

Parts availability shouldn't be a problem and they are much cheaper in the US than many countries elsewhere.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Best video I've found to get to know the Forza.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVnyRsFnKeg

It's a handsome, well made scooter.
There are a bunch of left-over new, or very low mileage Forzas here in the States.
Advise strongly that you shop only the ABS model.
Fish
remida

Post by remida »

dergav wrote:Remida...dont be put off the Forza from concerns re maintenance difficulties.
It is a great bike. Have had mine from new 2.5 years ( 11,000mls from new now) and apart from the first service under warranty have carried out all service maintenance myself and I am certainly no mechanic .A full bike service /maintenance manual is a necessity however....along with some basic tools..and giving yourself some time.... The "pictures" in the manual can be initially a bit daunting but the manual simply takes you though each step in easy wordings which the "pictures" bring to life. Yes the plastic removals ( when necessary) can be a bit of a pain but doable....but I suspect thats the case with most of this style of bike.
I admit...if I did hit a serious issue I would need to take to a service garage...but for me that would be the case with any bike...and I have no intention of touching the valves ( unless there is a running problem.)...It is just a marvellous comfortable scooter.
thanks for your posts
Gekomaro
Year: 2014 Forza 300
Color: Seal Silver

Post by Gekomaro »

Does anyone know how to remove the side panels next to the headlights?
Maybe with photos?
Mine is a 2015 Honda SH150i ABS
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Anyone been in here?

Post by Alibally »

Gekomaro wrote:Does anyone know how to remove the side panels next to the headlights?
Maybe with photos?
It might be better to make a new thread for this in Forza technical help. The questions a bit off topic in this one.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

This has been cleaned up and offending posts sent to Drama and Bullshit section.

Please refrain from personal insults as per forum rules.

Many Thanks,

Modsquad.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Gekomaro wrote:Does anyone know how to remove the side panels next to the headlights?
Maybe with photos?
The Forza service manual tells you how and what order to remove panels......if you're clever enough to understand it. I'm not.
Fish