Saw a picture, found one and bought it straight away

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Saw a picture, found one and bought it straight away

Post by HawaiiJ »

Thankfully gn2's advice is completely free and flows freely too. He has been known to offer very, very good advice at times. As I have mentioned in other threads, scooters/motorbikes is a culture and way of life here in Thailand. It's not uncommon to encounter well over 100+ scooters at a major intersection here in Chiang Mai. Many have mentioned they can go days or weeks without seeing another PCX, here they are plentiful and I've counted as many as 10 at a single intersection. I've seen as many as 6 people on a scooter (Adults and kids) and wonder what I'll see next. The drivers here suck, they are not friendly to scooters and when waiting in line for traffic lights they tend to line up in a stagger formation just to piss the scooter riders off and make us weave to get to the front. One would think they too were once scooter riders before they had cars and be courteous but that's just a pipe dream here. The Forza would be a nice ride (I would like to have one) but also more of a challenge here when navigating or weaving in-between cars. That's the truth and I don't need to actually ride a Forza to make that statement.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I think If I rode in that kind of traffic most of the time, I would have chosen a PCX150 over the Forza as well. But, I live in a rural area and I rarely ride in heavy traffic.

After seeing that picture of traffic in Bangkok, I would probably prefer the PCX150 over the Forza if I lived there... unless I needed to be able to drive more than 65+mph frequently.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
ahernandez74

Post by ahernandez74 »

kramnala58 wrote:
GeorgeSK wrote:If I tried weaving, splitting lanes, or going around cars at a light or a traffic hold up, I would be a dead man. At a minimum, ticketed, and, more likely, doored.
If we couldn't weave between the cars, we would never be able to line up at the lights like this. o_O Technically, all motorcycles/scooters are supposed to stay in the left lane in Thailand, but that never happens.
BKK Motorcycles at Light_800x600.jpg
I think that you'll get used it to it after a while. In places like that in asia, it becomes second nature :p