j300 kwak

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

j300 kwak

Post by trigg123 »

so with pics and specs coming through on the new Kawasaki j300,im wondering what people think of it. I've always been a Kawasaki fan but read its based on a kymco?? it certainly looks good in the limited ed green colour has slightly more power but less storage and is a similar weight. would like to know how much it will be in the uk, and its going to have to be a good price to take people away from the likes of the forza, but certainly looks are good....thoughts please!
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: j300 kwak

Post by gn2 »

Not based on a Kymco, it is a Kymco Downtown with slight alterations to the bodywork.
Same league as a Forza?
I think not.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

junk? I know nothing about kynco......
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Definitely not junk, its a good piece of kit let down by short service intervals and a kph speedo.
On the plus side its really easy for d-i-y servicing.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Definitely not junk, its a good piece of kit let down by short service intervals and a kph speedo.
On the plus side its really easy for d-i-y servicing.
I do love kawasaki although I haven't bought one since 1978. Anything that fetches them back is good?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I use to love Kawasaki way back when...I think it was the '80s or '90s. Then a friend of mind's son decided to buy one. He took the bike for a ride. At about 70 mph the front wheel bearings seized up. Brand new bike too.... The kid almost died. I haven't touched a Kawasaki since then.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I use to love Kawasaki way back when...I think it was the '80s or '90s. Then a friend of mind's son decided to buy one. He took the bike for a ride. At about 70 mph the front wheel bearings seized up. Brand new bike too.... The kid almost died. I haven't touched a Kawasaki since then.
Best not to for you then

Others might not have have a friend of a son etc etc in maybe some decade or another that can't be remembered...

Can I use ffs maddie?
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

gn2....your wrong....anyway...Kymco is an offshoot of Honda... they split from Honda in 1963..they are a Taiwanese company and manufacture their own line of scoots but also make a lot of parts for Honda as well as Kawasaki and others....Kymco are awesome bikes as well as SYM, another Taiwanese company... I road a kymco in Taichung when I taught English there. they are all over the place there.. Looking at the downtown you cant help but see the similarities to the forza..but these two companies steal from each other constantly but at the same time kymco supplies things like calipers, rotors, engine parts etc....I stayed away from sym and kymco here in California because of parts availability. However, anyone who tells you the forza is not in the same league as sym or kymco just plain doesn't know scooters.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

You you, just because I can't remember the exact date that something happened, doesn't mean it didn't happen. The kid was the son of a close friend. He spend quite awhile in the hospital. The only thing that saved him from certain death was that we, the parents, made him wear protective gear. Imagine how you would feel if one of you close friends told you that his son was in the hospital, someone whom you knew well.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

MORON wrote:gn2....your wrong....anyway...Kymco is an offshoot of Honda... they split from Honda in 1963..they are a Taiwanese company and manufacture their own line of scoots but also make a lot of parts for Honda as well as Kawasaki and others....Kymco are awesome bikes as well as SYM, another Taiwanese company... I road a kymco in Taichung when I taught English there. they are all over the place there.. Looking at the downtown you cant help but see the similarities to the forza..but these two companies steal from each other constantly but at the same time kymco supplies things like calipers, rotors, engine parts etc....I stayed away from sym and kymco here in California because of parts availability. However, anyone who tells you the forza is not in the same league as sym or kymco just plain doesn't know scooters.
Look at the Kymco Downtown service schedule then compare it with the Forza's.
Then look at the engine designs, which one has the offset crank?
Next look at the OEM tyres.
Then try to fit two full face lids under the seat of a Downtown.
Next, ride them for a hundred miles and see which one uses the least fuel.
Like I said, not in the same league.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:You you, just because I can't remember the exact date that something happened, doesn't mean it didn't happen. The kid was the son of a close friend. He spend quite awhile in the hospital. The only thing that saved him from certain death was that we, the parents, made him wear protective gear. Imagine how you would feel if one of you close friends told you that his son was in the hospital, someone whom you knew well.

I'm not adverse to these kind of stories. I just recognise them for what they are.
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

uh...gn2...did you own a downtown? offset crank??? wow...hehehe...just doesn't matter man. but it sounds technical and cool I guess..oem tires?? jesus, man your really stretching....look..kymco makes parts for honda throughout the 50's 60's to now. to compare a downtown to a forza in many ways is comparing the same bike, not in all respects but many. I don't know what to tell you..except I owned a kymco...very reliable and obviously similar to many of hondas bikes. you and argue offset cranks and such but the truth is that kymcos are excellent bikes and to steer someone away from them on the basis that you prefer Honda is absurd. Kymco and sym are much cheaper, contain many of the same parts..including some engine parts, (oops, no offset crank)..your points are kinda of reaching...service schedules??? kind of foolish. remember this word....look it up.....reliability<<<< case closed...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I'm not trying to steer anyone, just stating facts.