You would not believe what I saw at a Dealer today!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

You would not believe what I saw at a Dealer today!

Post by Mel46 »

My wife and I were just out riding today and we passed a Motorcycle shop. It advertised on their sign that they handle Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Polaris and Kawasaki. It was not what I would consider a local shop, considering that its address is in Canton, Georgia and I live in Marietta/Sandy Springs. School was letting out so the going was slow, so we pulled in just to look around. Right on the front sidewalk was a 2014 Honda Forza 300. Nice....USED....!! The salesman said the guy who had bought it came right back in after putting 400 miles on it and traded it for a Burgman 400. For anyone interested, it comes with the taller windshield. They want $5200 and no dealer fees (whatever that means). If anyone wants the salesman's name and phone number, just send me a pm. Here is a picture of the scooter. By the way, he also had a new Forza on the showroom floor, without the tall windshield.
Used 2104 Forza.JPG
Used 2104 Forza.JPG (136.72 KiB) Viewed 2657 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: You would not believe what I saw at a Dealer today!

Post by gn2 »

Get your PCX traded for it, you know it makes sense! :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Nope. My wife can't sit on the Forza and touch the ground. The seat is just too wide for her. She can actually ride my Burgman 400 but it is too heavy for her to be able to negotiate safely on. The Forza was suppose to be her option for more horsepower but then she tried to sit on it and said, "How am I suppose to touch the ground on this?!"....so, no we won't trade the PCX in for a Forza.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

Is it ABS?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Mel46 wrote:Nope. My wife can't sit on the Forza and touch the ground. The seat is just too wide for her. She can actually ride my Burgman 400 but it is too heavy for her to be able to negotiate safely on. The Forza was suppose to be her option for more horsepower but then she tried to sit on it and said, "How am I suppose to touch the ground on this?!"....so, no we won't trade the PCX in for a Forza.
Simple solution: trade the wife in for one with longer legs.....
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Poor guy, must have fell and hurt his melon. Hope he's feeling better.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Mel46 wrote:Nope. My wife can't sit on the Forza and touch the ground. The seat is just too wide for her. She can actually ride my Burgman 400 but it is too heavy for her to be able to negotiate safely on. The Forza was suppose to be her option for more horsepower but then she tried to sit on it and said, "How am I suppose to touch the ground on this?!"....so, no we won't trade the PCX in for a Forza.
Simple solution: trade the wife in for one with longer legs.....
Higher bum?
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

I had the same problem with the Forza being too wide for me to touch the ground. I had a severe case of Forza envy when they first came out and went right to a dealer to try one out. But as soon as I sat on one, I knew it would never work for me.
tuanies
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tuanies »

Damn, my local dealer quoted me the MSRP price for a Forza and $1500 trade-in for the PCX :-\
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Yes, we were offered $1900 for ours with all the modifications we have including the topbox!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

tuanies
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tuanies »

I think I'd be able to sell mine for $2k at least, since it has less than 1000 miles.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Yes, we were offered $1900 for ours with all the modifications we have including the topbox!

Why sell it at that price. Cheap as chips and great transport. Go down the forza route and enjoy yourself but then you'll see the pcx at the back off the garage and you'll be off again. Cheap bike, cheap transport, lovely

Forzafans have gone quite very quickly
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

That's a great deal on that Forza.

I think both bikes (PCX150 and the Forza) are great, so you can't lose no matter which one you get. I got the Forza because I already have a 50cc Ruckus. So, I wanted something that would readily do highway speeds with some power to spare for passing. I love my Forza Very maneuverable and fuel efficient. Has plenty of power on the highway too. It works great for what I want it to do.

BTW, the reason the Forza fans have been "quiet" is because we've been out riding! (Why do you find it necessary to continuously to stir the pot? We both have Hondas... in fact I have 3 Hondas!)
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

I also wanted to upgrade to a NC 700 X and was offered 1500 for my PCX. Come to find out that dealer really doesn't deal with trade-ins. Only 1 on their website. However one that does offered 2200.

I still thought it was low considering with all the options I paid over 4g's last December.

Probably a good thing. Since I've entertained getting a ST 1300 for cruising and keeping the PCX for commutes.

Hard to beat the mileage consistently over 100 mpg's going to work and back. (under 40mph and knowing the traffic lights)

I guess now it's an insurance game. Do the savings justify using both? I ran into that while buying a GMC Terrain after my Duramax was payed off. I need a hauler, but the premium on both nixed the savings. 32 mpg's didn't add up.

Traded both for a Denali HD D-Max. Might be the same with the larger bike!

Even with USAA it might come to a Grand for both, where's the savings? 300 bucks buys plenty of fuel, not to mention plate fees.

The only difference is I would need a trailer for my trips down south during the cold months, instead of being able to haul the PCX on the hitch. There's another few grand....

Dear Santa, I want it all... (Now I'm starting to sound like my old lady) :lol:
tuanies
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tuanies »

Just saw the Forza at a dealership, holy crap its massive. I think I'm just going to hang onto the PCX and overbore it to 150cc+ and call it a day. I like my small and light two wheel transportation
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I thought the Forza looked big at first too, but after I drove it, then I realized how light it feels because the center of gravity is so low. It is WAY easier to maneuver than a 700 cc bike I had.

However, I am keeping my 50 cc scooter because I love the fun factor of it. I'm hoping to find a PCX150 engine to put in my 50 cc scoot.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well I think we will keep our PCX 150 and maybe modify it someday to get a little more horsepower, but that will be about it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

I've put 1500 miles on the Forza in 2 months. Only gone 1 day without riding it. Only managed to put 3200 miles on the PCX in 2 years.
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

I have both. I like both. Currently, my son rides the PCX 150, and I ride the Forza. I found the seat on the PCX uncomfortable, and I prefer the seat on the Forza. Nik's not thrilled with the seat, but because he weighs 100 pounds less than I, the smaller bike is better (maybe, I'll get him a different seat for his birthday). He'll eventually trade up to something larger, but so far, we're both getting around with very little problem.

This shouldn't be an either/or. They're different bikes that serve similar segments of the same market. There's a huge difference between a metropolitan or rucus and a Silverwing -- and in that context, I can see people getting into a pissing contest -- they're very different.

The differences between the PCX and Forza are far less dramatic. There are advantages to each. If mileage is your #1 concern -- get the PCX. If you need to do a lot of Freeway/Motorway travel -- get the Forza, otherwise, they're pretty much a wash. In town, I can accelerate a tad faster than Nik, but, we both get to the stoplight at about the same time.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

meissinger wrote:not thrilled with the seat
Did you remove the PCX's seat hump?