Yep, I did it -- of course, it's red

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Yep, I did it -- of course, it's red

Post by meissinger »

So, it rolls like this.

In April my son turned 18 and he wanted a scooter. So, I bought him a Zuma 50 -- lovely little ride. Within two weeks, I was jealous and went to get myself a little scoot, too. They sold out both of the 50s I looked at, and I ended up buying the PCX 150 -- which I've grown to really like (with a few exceptions). Nik and I did our motorcycle school (riding 250s and 175s) and passed, but it became apparent, soon, that Nik's bike was really too small for him. He's over 6 feet tall, but very slight.

In August, the Forza was brought to market and I've been avoiding the dealership ever sense. Yesterday, I went down and took a test ride on the Forza and loved it. This morning, we went down to the dealership intending to either buy a Forza or a second PCX 150. Nik ran a test drive and fell in love. So, we considered trading in the Zuma on the Forza, and he would switch to the PCX. The amount offered for the trade was too low, so we decided to keep it, and figure it out, later.

So, I now have the Red Forza, he'll be driving the black PCX 150 and who knows what we'll end up doing with his Zuma.
gokidd
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Yep, I did it -- of course, it's red

Post by gokidd »

Congratulations! Sounds like fun is breaking out!!
Where did you find a dealer offering test rides?
Let us boogie ...
Honda PCX 150
Yamaha Majesty 400
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

Clawson Honda in Fresno will allow you to give just about any bike a test drive if you have a DL (especially if you have an M2).

We've test driven all three of the bikes we've purchased there. I can't afford to test drive any more bikes, for awhile, though. ;)
gokidd
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gokidd »

Thank you for the tip ... and the warning? HAAA!
Let us boogie ...
Honda PCX 150
Yamaha Majesty 400
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Congrats on another bike score! 8)
That is one funsize candy red apple you're biting into! Bet it's gonna taste mighty fine :P Too ripe? Too sweet? You can always personalize it easy peezy with all that jazz...initials/stickers/painted stripes, or maybe swap out a few panels for another color? :? or paint it? Add accessories?
Ahh, The fun of riding it is Plenty Good enough! Enjoy! but, beware of seeds :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

congrats on the forza, Im thrilled with my mine, you'll love it :-)
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

You WILL love it! And in Fresno, you will have a LOT of time to ride!
I am so envious of all you guys that have a lot of season to go; looks like here in Michigan, cold rain is closing in as a portent to winter. I was going to try out my new rain gear, but yesterdays 32 miles of riding in 33 degrees and wind left my fingers a bit numb, and it doesn't look like it is going to be getting any better anytime soon. Mornings might get to 40 degrees this week, but adding rain to that temp, and OK, I am a baby. :oops:

Turn a twisty or two for me, and enjoy the ride! ;)
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

weather-wise, we're in the "uncertain" period of our fall. I put the liner back into my normal riding coat (mesh for summer, lined for winter) and I dug out the leather jacket. I also pulled out the full face helmet (which is warmer/hotter than my 3/4), and of course, the gloves. Most days, lately, the new combo has been perfect, but yesterday afternoon, I had to switch back to the "airier" bucket and I wore a lighter (and far less protective) jacket. We've had 100 for Thanksgiving, so it can still be up and down, but I'll just keep adjusting the outerwear to match the weather and I'll be find until the really cold and wet fog sets in, in December & January. Otherwise, I should be able to ride year-round.
ahernandez74

Post by ahernandez74 »

You shouldn't be too bad. Fresno, California is a warm state no? Looks like you'll be enjoying a lot of sun!
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

ahernandez74 wrote:You shouldn't be too bad. Fresno, California is a warm state no? Looks like you'll be enjoying a lot of sun!
We're in the Valley -- lots of sun in the summer, but, in the winter, we have what's known as Tule Fog. We can easily have visibility at a few feet with temps near freezing. So far, the fog hasn't been bad (I expect that in the next week or so), but the temps have been quite low (for us). Not HORRIBLE, but not fun, either. So, I haven't ridden for about a week, but if we get the slight warm up we've been promised (and no fog) I'll be able to change that. I have to run some errands in the morning and I'm hoping to use the bike.