Forza ABS Review: A non scooter riders impressions.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Forza ABS Review: A non scooter riders impressions.

Post by gn2 »

True, tis pretty good for a 125/150
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My wife LOVES her PCX 150. The problem is that she wants a little more horsepower since it tops out at 67 mph. She wants to be able to get to 70 or 75. Otherwise, she loves going places on it. We took a long ride today up to the North Georgia mountains again, and we took on the curves again. I have almost 30 minutes of the ride on video. I just don't know what to do with it except dump it to my PC each time we come home from a ride. One of the riders at the Burgmanusa forum posted a video of us on those curves from a previous ride. She has a ball with her little bike, especially on those curves.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I agree almost 100% with the observations of the original poster. The Forza is a wonderful machine. Very comfortable to ride. I especially LOVE how easy it handles, especially at low speeds.

I do agree that it doesn't handle bumps as smoothly as the bigger motorcycle I had, but I would not say it's "rough." Maybe I will consider better rear shocks at some point though.

The one comment I do not agree with is the top speed. I have had mine over 75 mph with some throttle left (and I am not a small rider by any means). I think it could do 85 without too much trouble, but I have not yet done so. Other Forza riders have also reported similar speeds.

I was a little concerned about the size of the Forza when I first saw it. I wanted something light that I could move around easily without fear of tipping. The comment the original poster made about the size... "however once I was sat in the riders seat and had placed my hands on the controls, a lot of the girth disappeared"... is spot on. It does not feel much bigger than a small scooter (I have a 50 cc Ruckus) once you get on it. It is very agile.

For the vertically challenged, I am F 5'6" and I can easily put my feet flat on the ground at a stop. The biggest problem I had with a bigger bike was coming to stop and then taking off in a turn. I feel totally comfortable stopping and turning on the Forza though. It is only 75 lbs lighter than the bigger bike was, but the Forza is more stable for me. So, the reason I seem to have chosen scooters over "motorcycles" in the end was the really low center of gravity on the scooters created by putting the engine and gas tank REALLY low. Every "motorcycle" I have been on since just feels top heavy. The Forza, on the other hand, always feels stable for me.

To GenuineHondaWes, thanks for writing the great review. You put into words some observations that I had felt about my Forza, but I had not yet verbalized. It really is a great bike.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Darth,

Thanks for the ownership feedback. I love reading your posts. Living in NY and not having test rides available, I lean heavily on users like you reporting details.

With the imminent arrival of the Burgman 200, we will have the PCX 150, Burg 200, Forza 300, and Burg 400. A very nice spread of small to medium scooters. I hope the Burg 400 is updated to match the Burg 650 and 200 styling.

In Thailand, replacement shocks look to be popular as they appear on many images and videos I've seen. Hope the shocks become available here in the US.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

blackcat54 wrote:Darth,

Thanks for the ownership feedback. I love reading your posts. Living in NY and not having test rides available, I lean heavily on users like you reporting details.

With the imminent arrival of the Burgman 200, we will have the PCX 150, Burg 200, Forza 300, and Burg 400. A very nice spread of small to medium scooters. I hope the Burg 400 is updated to match the Burg 650 and 200 styling.

In Thailand, replacement shocks look to be popular as they appear on many images and videos I've seen. Hope the shocks become available here in the US.

If I can find better shocks for the rear, I'd get them, but I'm not in a big hurry. The stock ones are certainly acceptable. But, it's nice to get adjustable shocks because every rider can adjust them to their own preferred settings.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

......for the comfort, & helps for added weight when carrying a passenger :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
GenuineHondaWes

Post by GenuineHondaWes »

@ Darth Emma- Thanks for the kind words :) I have since writing this review found the Forza to indeed reach a higher speed- seen an indicted 85mph on the clocks, though to myself did feel to take a bit of time to reach it.

Your comment's were an excellent review in it's own right! Some very good observations, especially about the stability :)
01524 60011
weshall@northwest-honda.co.uk
www.northwest-honda.co.uk
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

There was some really nasty gusting cross winds the other day on my way home, wasn't a problem to the Forza, it handled it just fine.
The more I ride it the more I like it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:Its significantly better than the PCX.
No difference when Pcx has Yss rears installed on it.....
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I wouldn't know, but if the Forza also has a rear suspension upgrade, what then?
The Forza is more scooter and a better scooter than the PCX for everything other than squeezing through tight gaps and fuel economy.
Even then its not too far behind.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:I wouldn't know, but if the Forza also has a rear suspension upgrade, what then?
The Forza is more scooter and a better scooter than the PCX for everything other than squeezing through tight gaps and fuel economy.
Even then its not too far behind.
I think we've got your point now.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:Whatever floats your boat.
Today I drove to work in my 60mpg car.
Hell....id just keep using the car in that case since forza only gets you marginally better than that at 78mpg...
Good ol' pcx at 100+mpg....:)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

But I can't park the car in the places I park the Forza.
The car gets stuck in traffic unlike the Forza.
There's also the fact that when I ride the Forza my wife drives the 60mpg car and leaves her 35mpg car at home.
And last but definitely not least, I enjoy riding the Forza which is why I only take the car when I really have to.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:But I can't park the car in the places I park the Forza.
The car gets stuck in traffic unlike the Forza.
There's also the fact that when I ride the Forza my wife drives the 60mpg car and leaves her 35mpg car at home.
And last but definitely not least, I enjoy riding the Forza which is why I only take the car when I really have to.
In that case i would have just stuck with Pcx,it does all what Forza does but with waaay better fuel economy.....
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Pcxdemon wrote:In that case i would have just stuck with Pcx,does all what Forza does but with waaay better fuel economy... :roll:
My PCX was fucked, broken crankcase and nasty noises from the final drive/clutch, so it was needing changed.

A PCX does what the Forza does?
You're having a laugh.
I chose the Forza for:
Comfort
Performance (no more getting overtaken by lorries)
Maintenance interval (much more realistic at 8000 miles)
ABS (you'll be fine without it right up until you need it at which time its too late to get it)
Better onboard storage (no more ugly topbox)

And last but not least, given how I use my scooter the Forza fuel consumption is not too much different from the PCX, it has averaged 78mpg compared to the PCX's typical 90mpg

So you stick with your PCX if that's what suits you, the Forza was definitely the right choice for me.
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

What car gets 60 mpg? The only one in the US that comes close is a Toyota Prius hybrid at 50 mpg??
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

strkngfang wrote:What car gets 60 mpg? The only one in the US that comes close is a Toyota Prius hybrid at 50 mpg??

Stop it, your ruining all the fun? ;)
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

strkngfang wrote:What car gets 60 mpg? The only one in the US that comes close is a Toyota Prius hybrid at 50 mpg??
Many small diesels available in the UK will do 60-70 mpg.

My Peugeot 1.4 diesel will and has done over 70 mpg on a long run. (UK gall.)
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DAB wrote:
Many small diesels available in the UK will do 60-70 mpg.

My Peugeot 1.4 diesel will and has done over 70 mpg on a long run. (UK gall.)
My little Peugeot 107 gets close to that if I potter around
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

That's proper gallons, not your US short measures ;)

Lots of relevant info here: http://www.nextgreencar.com/best-mpg-cars/