PCX got a Big Brother Forza Today

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: PCX got a Big Brother Forza Today

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:
CaptnJim wrote:Looks good. It will be interesting to hear the difference in real use highway speeds after you have a chance to wring out the Forza.

Congrats on the new scoot!

Captain Jim
I've had my Forza300 up to 87 MPH...cruised it on the Interstate for 20 miles between 80 and 85 MPH.....waaaaay faster than the PCX150...like comparing "apples-n-oranges"..... ;) 8)

.....and in a drag race with the PCX150, the Forza leaps to the front and stays there while quickly continuing to pull away at a brisk rate.....again, "apples-n-oranges"..... ;) 8)

Is it the apple or the orange that can do 87mph?
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

doesn't really matter, does it you you?

They're different bikes designed for different riders and different purposes. For 95% of my use, the PCX 150 was fine.

I had to decide when upgrading my son from his Zuma 50 to the PCX whether I was going to get a second PCX for him, or give him the slightly smaller bike (he weighs almost 100 lbs less than I do) and get the larger bike for the old man. Personally, I fit better on the Forza than I did on the PCX -- and he fits better on the PCX than he did on his Zuma. This shouldn't be a pissing match -- comparing any 150cc bike to one that's almost 300cc will not provide a useful comparison. It's like comparing a 1200cc vw beetle with a brand new Porsche 911. There are similarities, but there's no comparison.

I really like BOTH bikes, for different reasons and would have been completely happy to stay with it for a few more years if I hadn't needed to upgrade my son's wheels.
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

I'm a little disappointed that Honda didn't put a larger tire on the rear. 14 on front and 13 on rear??? Why? Definitely will affect road comfort. Also, from some reviews I have seen, the under seat storage is a let down too. One guy couldn't fit his full face helmet under the seat anywhere.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

MrSuperchicken1 wrote:I'm a little disappointed that Honda didn't put a larger tire on the rear. 14 on front and 13 on rear??? Why? Definitely will affect road comfort. Also, from some reviews I have seen, the under seat storage is a let down too. One guy couldn't fit his full face helmet under the seat anywhere.
There will always be the odd helmet which won't fit, flip lids are the worst, it was the same with the PCX and the situation is worse on quite a few other scooters.
My XL full face fits in either section.

As for the tyre size, I've found in practice it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, the Forza is a far smoother beastie over the bumps.
The why is because it means more storage.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

MrSuperchicken1 wrote:One guy couldn't fit his full face helmet under the seat anywhere.
did he realize that the only way it fits in the front is to turn it sideways?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
MrSuperchicken1 wrote:I'm a little disappointed that Honda didn't put a larger tire on the rear. 14 on front and 13 on rear??? Why? Definitely will affect road comfort. Also, from some reviews I have seen, the under seat storage is a let down too. One guy couldn't fit his full face helmet under the seat anywhere.
There will always be the odd helmet which won't fit, flip lids are the worst, it was the same with the PCX and the situation is worse on quite a few other scooters.
My XL full face fits in either section.

As for the tyre size, I've found in practice it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, the Forza is a far smoother beastie over the bumps.
The why is because it means more storage.

You're. Only. An. XL???

Surely some mistake...
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I can also fit my full face helmet in either the front or rear section under the seat of my Forza with no problem.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Darth Emma wrote:I can also fit my full face helmet in either the front or rear section under the seat of my Forza with no problem.
Me too.
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

3 helmets and shopping, because we all know white is the best and most powerful lol
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

meissinger wrote:
MrSuperchicken1 wrote:One guy couldn't fit his full face helmet under the seat anywhere.
did he realize that the only way it fits in the front is to turn it sideways?
Go to YouTube and search "Honda Forza 300 Full Review English" by MrVansan, he tries to put what appears to be a normal size helmet under and cant, no matter which way he turns it...
but if you have no problems, then I dont know. My helmet fits under my PCX, but not anymore since I put a SENA SMHS Bluetooth on it...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

It would help if he had actually read the manual first.
The way that it says to do it is the one way he didn't try, i.e. upright facing to the right (exhaust) side.
There is a cutout on the floor of the storage area which the chinpiece sits in which the incompetent MrVansan failed to notice.
It would probably also have fitted in the front section.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

gn2 wrote:It would help if he had actually read the manual first.
The way that it says to do it is the one way he didn't try, i.e. upright facing to the right (exhaust) side.
There is a cutout on the floor of the storage area which the chinpiece sits in which the incompetent MrVansan failed to notice.
It would probably also have fitted in the front section.
Ahh- good to know. Thanks for the information.