Forza has arrived.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: Forza has arrived.

Post by dasshreddar »

gn2 wrote:I painted mine.
A bracket and exhaust in black. ;)
Yeah me too, but I would like to see someone paint there white/red/black/greenish?/silver pcx body a different color. 8)
shivayash

Post by shivayash »

I tested this yesterday and didn't care for it. It felt too heavy for the 300cc engine and felt 'cheap'. The engine vibrates a lot more but it did have the 'magic carpet' whoosh of the PCX.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

shivayash wrote:I tested this yesterday and didn't care for it. It felt too heavy for the 300cc engine and felt 'cheap'. The engine vibrates a lot more but it did have the 'magic carpet' whoosh of the PCX.
All "Singles" vibrate, and as the CCs and Horsepower goes up, so do the vibrations...... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

i have to say I thought it was very smooth for a bigger single
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Test rode one this afternoon.
Very smooth once under way at normal running speeds, a bit buzzy at higher speeds and some vibration at idle.
I really hate vibration but it was acceptable enough for me.
Idle stop tech would have been nice though.
I rode a mix of city centre, fast dual carriageway and bendy country roads for 30 odd miles and averaged 75mpg according to the on-board economy meter.
Riding position definitely different to the PCX, bum is lower relative to feet and hands, seems there's more legroom for feet forward style, but not much.
Distance from knee to rear of fairing is less on the Forza than the PCX which was a surprise.
Overall impression was a very comfortable smooth riding machine.

Dealer was able to confirm it has shims for valve clearance adjustment which is due an inspection every 16,000 miles.

Page 49: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwmYWlz ... view?pli=1
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

I also had just a few minutes of seat time on the Forza today.
I only put about 10 miles on so it's a very limited impression.
The short straight aways I was on limited me to 67mph but it was spirited getting there, didn't notice the 35mph "lag" the 150 has.
On my PCX I'm a "feet flat" riding position rider, on the Forza it's a bit more laid back riding position that lends me to want to stretch my legs, which I couldn't quite accomplish, but even flat footed riding was comfortable.
It handled great, very nimble.
Seat was very comfortable.
Gauge cluster is top notch.
Overall I really liked it.
It would be nice to know the top speed that current Forza owners have achieved.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

I've only had mine up to 75mph so far. I know it will go faster than that but being able to cruise comfortably at 70mph and still get decent mpg's is good enough for me. I'm surrounded by 65-70mph highways here in Austin. It's nice to be able to take the best route to my destination instead of trying to plan out a PCX friendly route.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

155kph indicated during the press launch
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

I like the fact that there is no drilling required to install a top-box. Undo a couple of screws and the tailpiece comes off. They've modified the fuel cap 'flap' so that it's not so vulnerable too apparently. Simple things like these, and the cheap addition of a digital clock, could have done so much for the PCX.
Image[/URL
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

The dealer in Sioux Falls recieved the standard brake Forza last week. I took a ride out to look at it and visit an ex-coworker that took a sales job there. I can safely say I will stay with my PCX. I hate the color and cant see $2000+ for this bike over the PCX. To me its just a bigger PCX with a few changes. Just not for me.
PCXER

Post by PCXER »

Yeah, I agree about the Forza red. Definitely not as nice as the PCX red in my opinion. I much prefer the deeper cherry red of the PCX. The Forza is too light & orangey for my taste.

I'm really surprised it was only released in one color here.

At least the PCX has two choices. Although...I do wish the PCX 150 came in white here. I think the white looks best. So crisp. Really shows off the sweet lines of the PCX. Was hoping a white version would be announced for 2014. Oh well. :-)

Color aside, I haven't been able to actually sit test the Forza yet. So I can't tell if my 6'3" frame would find it comfy. Will have to get back to you on that.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I reckon it depends on your leg length whether its comfy or not, the distance from the knees to the legshield is less than on a PCX.
Its possible that long legged folk might not fit.
switta

Post by switta »

I'm 6' and it is way more better fit for me then the pcx , i like the back rest on the seat and you can put your feet up high and cruse comfortably .
if only the seat was not rock hard ! that would be nice , i am hoping it will break in and get softer ? and the rear shocks are no better then the pcx still very harsh on the bumps .

Dave
1971 honda sl70 red
1971 honda sl125 silver
1968 honda s65 black
1979 yamaha gt80 red
1978 honda z50 mini trail
2013 honda PCX red
PCXER

Post by PCXER »

It's interesting you say the Forza fits you better than the PCX as a tall rider. I've heard many say the exact opposite. As a 6'3" tall rider, I'm very interested in this topic. I haven't been able to find a Forza to test myself yet, but I have rode a PCX and it fits me great. So I'm curious about the Forza. I know it has a lower more relaxed, less upright seating position than the PCX. Looking forward to sitting in one soon. Until then, I appreciate all the comments.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

PCXER wrote:It's interesting you say the Forza fits you better than the PCX as a tall rider. I've heard many say the exact opposite. As a 6'3" tall rider, I'm very interested in this topic. I haven't been able to find a Forza to test myself yet, but I have rode a PCX and it fits me great. So I'm curious about the Forza. I know it has a lower more relaxed, less upright seating position than the PCX. Looking forward to sitting in one soon. Until then, I appreciate all the comments.

I have slightly more room on the Forza......!!!!!
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!