Picked up one of our Forzas...80+ MPH Interstate Cruising...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Picked up one of our Forzas...80+ MPH Interstate Cruising...

Post by skuuter »

Took the first Honda Forza300 Scooter Home Friday, (test rode it with the Dealer the day before) rode it 120+ miles Sunday, then a little 400+ mile "shakedown ride" on Monday. I first cruised Interstate 24 for over 20 miles between 80-85 MPH effortlessly, then off at Exit 110 for some Cracker Barrel Coffee.....

Then it was on to Monteagle Mountain for some "Twisties Fun".....

After blasting the Mountain, it was on through the "flatland twisties" of the Short Creek Area to head to the Lynchburg Ridge Roads.....

This New Forza has bumped my PCX150 to the number 2 slot. By far, this is the Best Scooter I have ever ridden. It has it all...HORSEPOWER, HANDLING, COMFORT, BRAKES, MILEAGE, FULL INSTRUMENTATION,FUEL TANK RANGE...there just seems to be no "weak links" in performance and my expectations...all have been exceeded.....!!!!!

I cruised the Interstate easily at 80+ MPH for 20+ miles. 87 was all I could squeeze out, but I was pushing a strong headwind also. I think 90 MPH will be tops. At 80, You can already feel the ECM slightly starting to retard the timing...I figure "full-bore" Rev-Limit by 90 MPH. Like most every Honda Scooter though, it will run all day at just below that level. 70 to 80 MPH riding is handled readily. Actually, there is very little comparison to draw between the Forza300 and PCX125/150. This thing feels more like a re-vamped, updated Silver Wing Chassis, with a PCX-ish styled Body, covering a very quick, nimble 300 (280 actual cc) high horsepower engine...BEST Scooter I have ever owned or ridden, PERIOD.....my trusty PCX150 will have to adjust to the number 2 slot, which still rates extremely high.....!!!!!..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: Picked up one of our Forzas...80+ MPH Interstate Cruisin

Post by dasshreddar »

8) Makes me want one ;)
What are your thoughts on the seat/hump?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Did you measure the fuel economy brim to brim and if so how did it compare with the on-board computer?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

dasshreddar wrote:8) Makes me want one ;)
What are your thoughts on the seat/hump?
I'm 5'7", and a 31" inseam....I fit fine, and the seat is really comfy for me..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:Did you measure the fuel economy brim to brim and if so how did it compare with the on-board computer?
Got gas twice....showed 73 MPG/ I actually got 78 (77.7).....showed 74 MPG/ I got 78 (78.3) again...watching while I was riding, the 80+ MPH run down the Interstate was showing 67 MPG... :D .....it was from that to 83 MPG while riding and viewing..... ;)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

US gallons?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:US gallons?
Yep....."USA Miles Per Gallon".... ;)
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

When you are doing 55+ mph, where does the wind hit you?
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Oh yeah, this is definitely gonna be my next scooter! Might be a few more years and a different model by then, but I want the bigger & faster but still nimble ride. Heck, I've only had my 150 for 11 days of ride-ability, and just crested 400 miles yesterday! I can only imagine based on all your experience Skuuter that this is the best scoot out there.

What's your opinion of the brakes? The Forza is almost twice the weight of a 150 – is ABS worth the extra $500?
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

dustin91 wrote:Oh yeah, this is definitely gonna be my next scooter! Might be a few more years and a different model by then, but I want the bigger & faster but still nimble ride. Heck, I've only had my 150 for 11 days of ride-ability, and just crested 400 miles yesterday! I can only imagine based on all your experience Skuuter that this is the best scoot out there.

What's your opinion of the brakes? The Forza is almost twice the weight of a 150 – is ABS worth the extra $500?
Great Brakes also....."without starting an ABS vs Non-ABS Post War" here... :D ...I still "generally" prefer Non-ABS on "Most" of my Bikes. Exceptions have been a Gold Wing, DN-01...I preferred Non-ABS on my Silver Wings after owning one with it. I'm not fond of the "feel" of most ABS Systems on Motorcycles and Scooters. Do I think ABS is Better/Best.....for "MOST" Riders, "YES"...again, I tend to be "Old School" on a lot of things...good, bad, or wrong, it's just the way it is...... ;) :D
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

So how's the ride compare? Still bumpy, or more cushioned do to the additional weight and/or design?

I was about to pull the trigger on a NC700, but negated with the seat comfort issues. Hell, I'm old with a trashed back and need something that would take the bulk of our fucked-up roads. I love scooters, but was willing to take the plunge into the ADV Bikes (with more travel on the suspension end).

Yet, I like to keep weight down since I have need to place it on a hitch-type carrier.

A buddy of mine just bought a Road King (Harley) and he's really limited with 2 dogs and having his wife carry the load while he takes the Kimg to camp.

The PCX works well! I take the hound and place the PCX on the carrier.

Still looking for the solution. I would need another tow-behind.... screw that! I have 2 boats, a 5'er 2 vehicles!

I don't need another trailer at the house.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Shoe wrote:Hell, I'm old with a trashed back and need something that would take the bulk of our fucked-up roads.
You need a Quasar

trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

Cheers again skuut, all these pictures and reviews are making my end of month delivery seem a long way away :-(
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Shoe wrote:Hell, I'm old with a trashed back and need something that would take the bulk of our fucked-up roads.
You need a Quasar

I would kill for a Quasar

There was a couple of battered ones at the Donnington day of champions half a dozen years ago. They were still cool

As are bond bugs and fibrefab beach buggies
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

blackcat54 wrote:When you are doing 55+ mph, where does the wind hit you?
Yes Skuuter, I also want to know---where does the wind hit you at high speeds?? Is it like the PCX where it feels like your head will be torn off?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Head torn off hahaha that's a cracker.
60 mph wind not unknown hereabouts and it doesn't decapitate the populace.
gokidd
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gokidd »

Congratulations, Skuuter!
I hope you also got some good cornbread, greens and beans to go with your coffee at Cracker Barrel! I wish that restaurant was out west.

Why the Forza and not a regular motorcycle of same displacement? (I'd ask you in a PM, but I don't have that much mojo just yet.)
Just curious, as I think my wife and I want a second bike or scooter to brave the nightmare known as Interstate.
Let us boogie ...
Honda PCX 150
Yamaha Majesty 400
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gokidd wrote:Congratulations, Skuuter!
I hope you also got some good cornbread, greens and beans to go with your coffee at Cracker Barrel! I wish that restaurant was out west.

Why the Forza and not a regular motorcycle of same displacement? (I'd ask you in a PM, but I don't have that much mojo just yet.)
Just curious, as I think my wife and I want a second bike or scooter to brave the nightmare known as Interstate.

Yep, look around, I've owned most every motorcycle/scooter/ brand/type/size/etc. there is over the years.....It's Time for this..... ;) 8)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Indyglow wrote:
Yes Skuuter, I also want to know---where does the wind hit you at high speeds?? Is it like the PCX where it feels like your head will be torn off?
Wasn't so bad....turbulence was slightly over my head....70 to 80+ MPH I had some "chest pressure", but nothing that I couldn't stand for a day..... ;)
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

skuuter wrote:
Indyglow wrote:
Wasn't so bad....turbulence was slightly over my head....70 to 80+ MPH I had some "chest pressure", but nothing that I couldn't stand for a day..... ;)

Till a June bug hits ya.... ;)