Picked up one of our Forzas...80+ MPH Interstate Cruising...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Gingivitis Khan

Re: Picked up one of our Forzas...80+ MPH Interstate Cruisin

Post by Gingivitis Khan »

Nice review. I haven't taken mine to 80 mph yet, but (and maybe it's because I haven't had a bike in 12 years and/or am used to much bigger bikes) I thought it handled a little squirrely at 70. Seems like you just think of changing direction and it steers. Wind gusts and traffic turbulence also seemed to toss it around. I was on two-lane highways and oncoming trucks were blowing me all over the place.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Sounds like you're too tense, relax and it should be better.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Nice review Skuuter. Nothing to disagree with in my own experience so far with the Forza. As for wind buffeting, I seem to experience less wind buffeting on the Forza at 70 mph with the stock screen than I did on the PCX at 55 mph with the medium Givi screen. No doubt due to the lower seat height and wider fairing on the Forza.

Lot of folks buy the PCX and then look for ways to mod it for highway speed. Well, the Forza is the mod they are looking for and then some! Frankly the PCX at 60 mph with a 6'1" rider doesn't feel all that stable and I'm not sure I would even want to take it to 70mph on a busy highway. I can say that the Forza feels more comfortable and stable at highway speed since it sits lower and has a wider stance.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

AustinPCX wrote:Nice review Skuuter. Nothing to disagree with in my own experience so far with the Forza. As for wind buffeting, I seem to experience less wind buffeting on the Forza at 70 mph with the stock screen than I did on the PCX at 55 mph with the medium Givi screen. No doubt due to the lower seat height and wider fairing on the Forza.

Lot of folks buy the PCX and then look for ways to mod it for highway speed. Well, the Forza is the mod they are looking for and then some! Frankly the PCX at 60 mph with a 6'1" rider doesn't feel all that stable and I'm not sure I would even want to take it to 70mph on a busy highway. I can say that the Forza feels more comfortable and stable at highway speed since it sits lower and has a wider stance.

YES to ALL of this....Great Post..... 8) ...I can literally raise my Helmet Face Shield on the Forza and keep my eyes open with the stock windshield (should be a total "dead area" when the Honda Tall Windshield arrives... ;) ) at 70 MPH...have to squint on the PCX150 at 40 with a GIVI Windshield.....the Forza is definitely a Great Scooter in every respect.....!!!!!... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

AustinPCX wrote:Lot of folks buy the PCX and then look for ways to mod it for highway speed. Well, the Forza is the mod they are looking for and then some!
Careful now, you don't want to upset the "believers" with your heresy.
I certainly did :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:
AustinPCX wrote:Lot of folks buy the PCX and then look for ways to mod it for highway speed. Well, the Forza is the mod they are looking for and then some!

....LMAO.......... :D :D :D
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:
gn2 wrote:

....LMAO.......... :D :D :D

Room needed
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

^^^^^..... :D
Gingivitis Khan

For those who have a Forza, what's in your tool kit? I got a license plate for mine today and went to put it on, and the only tool in the tool kit was a screwdriver. Is that it, or should I contact my dealer to get the rest of the kit?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Gingivitis Khan wrote:For those who have a Forza, what's in your tool kit? I got a license plate for mine today and went to put it on, and the only tool in the tool kit was a screwdriver. Is that it, or should I contact my dealer to get the rest of the kit?

That's yer lot I'm afraid
Gingivitis Khan

you you wrote:
Gingivitis Khan wrote:For those who have a Forza, what's in your tool kit? I got a license plate for mine today and went to put it on, and the only tool in the tool kit was a screwdriver. Is that it, or should I contact my dealer to get the rest of the kit?

That's yer lot I'm afraid
The online PDF owners manual (I assume it's the manual for the European market, as it lists the minimum octane rating for gas as 91) lists a bunch of tools, including a pin spanner to adjust the shocks. My owners manual says to use "the pin spanner" to adjust them, implying that one should be in the kit.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I think they've given you a PCX toolkit by mistake.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:I think they've given you a PCX toolkit by mistake.

Would anyone use/trust the standard toolkit. Even a BMW one? On a scale of one to ten they barely scrap a two
Gingivitis Khan

you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:I think they've given you a PCX toolkit by mistake.

Would anyone use/trust the standard toolkit. Even a BMW one? On a scale of one to ten they barely scrap a two
I have tons of tools, so it's no big deal, but the wrench to adjust the shock pre-load would be nice.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

skutter, great job (and a hard one It is :lol: all that riding about on curvy up/down hills with green surround sound....yawn, gotta be boring! Dang!! I for one am not only envious of your New spanky 2 wheels but as usual, the roads you ride! Perfect combo for your reviews. Cheers! The Forza is sounding better by the post! Good it's living up to expectations. I'm enjoying everyone's happiness, keep the postings coming 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Gingivitis Khan wrote:the wrench to adjust the shock pre-load would be nice.
You should be able to turn it with your hand, no tool required.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah, I would think more. Just call your salesman/dealer or Go back there and ask. Or have the salesperson pop the seat on one that's there (hope there is one there :roll: ) If no kit is in the bucket then ask him what tools come with the Forza. If he doesn't know, ask him to ask someone that does know. If still no idea, he can make a call to uppers. Someone's gotta know sumpthin!
Hey, you paid the big bucks after all, so get it all. By the way "I did" what I just suggested when I bought my 2007 MP3. Got my missing tools just by inspecting the showroom model :D
Good luck to ya!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Gingivitis Khan wrote:the wrench to adjust the shock pre-load would be nice.
You should be able to turn it with your hand, no tool required.

On the mainstand maybe
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

^^^^^........................."yep".............. ;)
gokidd
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gokidd »

Hi, Skuuter:
I'm interested in the stability of the Forza ridden two-up at highway speed.

My wife and I rode the PCX 150 (two-up) on a few miles of freeway this weekend, throttle wide open, and the feeling in the bars was "skittish" at best. Not pleasant for me.
Later the same day, I rode the PCX solo at 65 mph (GPS says the speedo is very close) and it felt more stable with a greater percentage of the rider weight centered.

What about the Forza -- two-up at Interstate speed?
Thanks!
Let us boogie ...
Honda PCX 150
Yamaha Majesty 400