Picked up one of our Forzas...80+ MPH Interstate Cruising...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jkhawaii
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Picked up one of our Forzas...80+ MPH Interstate Cruisin

Post by jkhawaii »

Nice! How long is it? The PCX is about 75-76 inches long.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The Forza is 85" long overall, wheelbase is 61"
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
duallyman

Post by duallyman »

congrats skuuter i saw one yesterday at the dealer real nice price 5590
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gokidd wrote:Hi, Skuuter:
I'm interested in the stability of the Forza ridden two-up at highway speed.

My wife and I rode the PCX 150 (two-up) on a few miles of freeway this weekend, throttle wide open, and the feeling in the bars was "skittish" at best. Not pleasant for me.
Later the same day, I rode the PCX solo at 65 mph (GPS says the speedo is very close) and it felt more stable with a greater percentage of the rider weight centered.

What about the Forza -- two-up at Interstate speed?
Thanks!
No Problem with the Forza being 2-up....we rode 2-up yesterday after work for about 14 miles on the Interstate at 75 MPH (slightly over 80 a couple of times just to check)...as stable as the Silver Wing 600s we've owned in the past. I've tested the "PCX-2-up-Interstate-Thing" in the past also just "to know"....."skittish" might be an understatement at long term Interstate speeds... :D ....we run around Town 2-up on the PCXs some, and no problems (the 150s are much better 2-up than the 125s were)...I could use the Forza for 2-up cross country riding if necessary..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
gokidd
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gokidd »

No Problem with the Forza being 2-up....we rode 2-up yesterday after work for about 14 miles on the Interstate at 75 MPH (slightly over 80 a couple of times just to check)...as stable as the Silver Wing 600s we've owned in the past. I've tested the "PCX-2-up-Interstate-Thing" in the past also just "to know"....."skittish" might be an understatement at long term Interstate speeds... :D ....we run around Town 2-up on the PCXs some, and no problems (the 150s are much better 2-up than the 125s were)...I could use the Forza for 2-up cross country riding if necessary..... 8)
Interesting, thank you.
I'm trying to decide whether to lust after a larger scooter or a CBR500R Honda.
The PCX is a keeper, mind you.
But we're also considering an Interstate-worthy two-up machine that won't break the bank.
Sorry, I really don't mean to sidetrack your thread. Apologies on that.
Let us boogie ...
Honda PCX 150
Yamaha Majesty 400
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gokidd wrote:
Interesting, thank you.
I'm trying to decide whether to lust after a larger scooter or a CBR500R Honda.
The PCX is a keeper, mind you.
But we're also considering an Interstate-worthy two-up machine that won't break the bank.
Sorry, I really don't mean to sidetrack your thread. Apologies on that.
No apologies ever necessary...."NEVER TOO MUCH INFORMATION ABOUT ANYTHING"..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
ahernandez74

Post by ahernandez74 »

Man. Who woulda thought the forza would have a higher top speed than a Ninja 250r. Crazy.
I almost think that you should get full riding gear to ride the Forza LOL. I think everyone would think you're crazy though in a 1 piece racing suit.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

ahernandez74 wrote:Man. Who woulda thought the forza would have a higher top speed than a Ninja250r
It doesn't.
Forza top speed is claimed as 87mph by Honda, the Kwacker will easily exceed 90mph.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
ahernandez74 wrote:Man. Who woulda thought the forza would have a higher top speed than a Ninja250r
It doesn't.
Forza top speed is claimed as 87mph by Honda, the Kwacker will easily exceed 90mph.
Not sure it would. Rode one recently and it was pitifully slow. Somehow low powered scooters with cvt as opposed to gears seem much faster

Actually I'm not telling it like it is, the little kawasaki felt dangerously slow.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

As with all models of vehicle, some examples will be faster than others depending on a variety of factors.
Generally speaking more power, less weight and no CVT losses means faster...
Then there's the "feel" factor, unless you actually measure it you can't tell due to the significant difference in the machinery.
The kawa needs the nuts thrashed off it at 10,000+ rpm through the gears to give its best, the Forza doesn't.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

I have finally found out how to increase the acceleration of the Forza without having to modify the engine, frame, or suspension.

It entails eating a lot of beans... :o
Attachments
smart2.JPG
smart2.JPG (267.94 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MichRocks wrote:I have finally found out how to increase the acceleration of the Forza without having to modify the engine, frame, or suspension.

It entails eating a lot of beans... :o

Are you saying its a farts bike?
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

an OLD farts bike.
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

nice to read these positive experiences...I'm a bit of a nay sayer at this point....I am really missing my pcx 150....I just got a Forza two days ago and don't even have 100 miles on it so admitingly I am still adjusting. I am 6'3" and my knees hit the front glove box covers...not hard but I have to adjust my rear and sit up straight to get my knees fully inward...that is a bummer....I have yet to go through a full tank but i am really happy that skuuter got 78!! hell yes!!! now were talking... I got great mileage on the pcx...until I had to start going up hills...even with slider and pulley mods the best I got in hilly/ windy conditions was around 80 to 85 MPG.on flats I got 96 mpg average...so if skuuter gets 73 -78 mpg on the forza then I am happy... aside from that i am still adjusting to the size and weight. the forza is much better in the wind that is for sure and I really enjoyed driving it up steep inclines on Highway 50 here in placerville california at 70 to 75 mph!!! nice... BTW skuuter, great pics and wow what a state Tennessee is...beautiful!!!!