FORZA THREADS!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: FORZA THREADS!

Post by you you »

DAB wrote:

Why do you call cars cages? Just seems a bit silly/rude

Not you in particular wn[/quote]

I'm a member of the VFR forum and cars are refered to as cages there also, agree seems silly.

David[/quote]

Cheers, it is a bit rude/silly isn't it. We/they are going about our own business. If they behave badly there's no reason why we should
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Calling a car a cage isn't an insult or rude. It's a metaphor for being trapped in the cage of a car, not free to enjoy the sights and smells you better experience in the open air on a bike. It's a common term, and I've never heard people confused by it. Either way, I changed the title of that subforum for you. :P

Per the results of this poll, welcome to the new Forza forum. If anyone wants to buy hondaforza.org and point it here, do it. I don't have the money or inclination to do so. :) I'll probably reassess this subforum after a year assign it its own dedicated moderator (because I don't own a Forza) based on the community's preference. PM me or reply if you have any suggestions for this new forum.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

My Garage has (2) PCX150s, and (2) Forza300s......I'm obviously a Big Fan of Both.....THANKS Maddie, the "Forza Thing" was getting kinda' dominant and scattered..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

maddiedog wrote:Calling a car a cage isn't an insult or rude. It's a metaphor for being trapped in the cage of a car, not free to enjoy the sights and smells you better experience in the open air on a bike. It's a common term, and I've never heard people confused by it. Either way, I changed the title of that subforum for you. :P

Just please don't get rid of this PCX forum :)

Per the results of this poll, welcome to the new Forza forum. If anyone wants to buy hondaforza.org and point it here, do it. I don't have the money or inclination to do so. :) I'll probably reassess this subforum after a year assign it its own dedicated moderator (because I don't own a Forza) based on the community's preference. PM me or reply if you have any suggestions for this new forum.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

strkngfang wrote:
maddiedog wrote:Calling a car a cage isn't an insult or rude. It's a metaphor for being trapped in the cage of a car, not free to enjoy the sights and smells you better experience in the open air on a bike. It's a common term, and I've never heard people confused by it. Either way, I changed the title of that subforum for you. :P

Just please don't get rid of this PCX forum :)

Don't agree. There no need to demean things by calling a car a cage. Perhaps we can be bigger than this
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

I just meant to reply with telling Maddiedog to not dump the PCX forum, due to the Forza interest, there are some of us that want to keep our PCX & have no need for a Forza. Already had a Reflex & a Silverwing. Liked them both but not necessary for me.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

strkngfang wrote:I just meant to reply with telling Maddiedog to not dump the PCX forum, due to the Forza interest, there are some of us that want to keep our PCX & have no need for a Forza. Already had a Reflex & a Silverwing. Liked them both but not necessary for me.
I don't think maddiedog is gonna' dump the PCX Forum...He's definitely a "PCX Guy".... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I'm not planning on selling my PCX or making this a Forza-only forum. Skuuter's right, I'm a 100% PCX guy. I love my little 125. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Glad to hear it & I know the feeling ;)
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

I was wondering when this question was going to come up, with a few PCX-ers "jumping ship" to go to the forza. I think you should keep both in the same forum. where you ultimately decide to put the threads is up to you, Maddiedog. I like the guys that just bought forza's and I think the subjects are still relevant.
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

I have both a Forza and a PCX -- no desire to dump one for the other. The Zuma 50 may be looking for a new home, soon, though. :)