FORZA THREADS!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

FORZA THREADS!

Post by maddiedog »

Looks like there's no Forza forum out there and you guys seem to love the Forza. Is there interest in me making a separate subforum specifically for the Forza? If someone wants to buy a domain (hondaforza.org or similar), I might be convinced into providing hosting, given someone else moderates that site.

Thoughts? Opinions? Am I crazy?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Re: FORZA THREADS!

Post by maddiedog »

Also, I should note that I moved the Forza threads from General to here in Other Bikes, because General is for PCX talk. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Unless it is called the PCX300, ;) I think it should stay in the "other bike" section.
But maybe you could call it "Forza and Other Bikes"... :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I voted for "separate Forza subforum within this site", but on reflection a rename of the Other Bikes section as suggested by Dasshreddar would be the best option.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:Looks like there's no Forza forum out there and you guys seem to love the Forza. Is there interest in me making a separate subforum specifically for the Forza? If someone wants to buy a domain (hondaforza.org or similar), I might be convinced into providing hosting, given someone else moderates that site.

Thoughts? Opinions? Am I crazy?
I could be tempted to buy the domain. If everything was kept cheap and cheerful and ran like this site

Just to keep things going
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

I won't run it, someone with a Forza should. Maybe Skuuter? I know he's retired and has moderated before. I have no opinion on this matter, because I have no interest in the Forza (my PCX is all the scooter I need. <3 PCX.)
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

I would like to see a place where Forza photos, trips, mods, & service, are all handled, which would require multiple sub-sections. The Burgman site handles this in a way that works well. The Forza to me is nothing short of a big brother to the PCX, so why not fold it into this site?
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

The only thing the Forza has in common with the PCX is that it's a Honda scooter. The Silverwing, Metropolitan, Reflex & Ruckus all have their own separate forums. I'm a big fan of all Honda scooters but they have their own place. The fact that the Forza has been most of every post on here since it came out has to be disconcerting to Maddiedog & to the other PCXers like me. I fear sooner or later that the PCX riders will grow tired of everything being Forza.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

strkngfang wrote:The only thing the Forza has in common with the PCX is that it's a Honda scooter.
If Honda had called it a PCX 300 it would only have the PCX badges in common.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

It really doesnt matter to me so much but I would like to see the threads grouped in to one area instead of all over the place. If you make another forum you will lose members and friends too. If you leave Forza here you will grow your memberships to this forum. Eventually some one will create a home for just Forza, its only a matter of time.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:I won't run it, someone with a Forza should. Maybe Skuuter? I know he's retired and has moderated before. I have no opinion on this matter, because I have no interest in the Forza (my PCX is all the scooter I need. <3 PCX.)

Well the offer still stands. PM me if it starts to come together
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Hmmm, maddie suggested skutter to moderate it but skutter hasn't responded ... must be out riding his Forza ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I am comfortable with it being placed in other bikes, but beyond that I prefer a separate board or sub forum. Yes, some might leave this board, but that is okay, you can't be everything to everyone.

From many of the comments I have seen, the closest a Forza comes to being a PCX is in body style. That doesn't make it a PCX any more than putting a Rolls Royce looking hood/bonnet and trunk/boot lid on a VW Bug makes the Bug a Rolls Royce ... and I have seen a few of these.

I like the Forza and may even purchase one when I'm not living in the center of a mega city, but like the other Honda products, imo a separate board/forum is preferred.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Very Happy you're taking this survey Dave :) I'm "definitely in favor" of separating the Forza within this site. There will be plenty for them to discuss and we PCX'ers will perhaps benefit as well. Oh that Forza, soo nice!
Over at the ModernVespa forum it works: the MP3 has been discussed for years in it's own category. Okay, so sometimes an MP3 owner (like I once was) feels left out of the loop with other Vespa members, but that was only because we "chose" to stay with our own kind, the MP3'ers :geek: Then one day we realize that we lost touch with others on the "Whole" forum :( Twas an easy fix, we just jumped back in to catch up! No problem. Whatever forum one belongs to, you have control of your travels among the boards (forum/sub-forums), if you miss out on something, that was your decision at the time.
In other words, if one loses touch with the rest of us charmin' folk, remember it was your choice to do so. Said With love, WN

getting a room now ;) :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

P.S. KUDO'S to Dave for bringing us the Best kept, & cheerful PCX forum!! I Tip My Hat to You! ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

maddiedog wrote:I won't run it, someone with a Forza should. Maybe Skuuter? I know he's retired and has moderated before. I have no opinion on this matter, because I have no interest in the Forza (my PCX is all the scooter I need. <3 PCX.)
HA...I'm not retired...I just ride so much it seems that way to Everyone around me.... :lol: ...I still run a Truck Salvage Yard full time and my Wife manages a 24 hr Convenience Store full time....."I WISH".... :D ....I'm still a Moderator at Ruckus Central, Trike Talk, and Southeast Motorcycle Forum...."personally", I think "Other Bikes" covers it unless You just start secondary forums here at the PCX Forum titled "Forza 300" etc. The Forza definitely seems to be a very dominant model among Members here (myself included, obviously), so if any secondary forum here gets "titled", "Forza" might be a great start.....just my 2-cents.... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Yeah! Like that! Maybe?....some changes like this?

Other Vehicles

Other Bikes
The other 2-wheeled contraptions (changed)
Forza Fever (added)
The PCX's big brother (added)
Cages
When the weather goes to crap, you still have to get there somehow...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:8) Yeah! Like that! Maybe?....some changes like this?

Other Vehicles

Other Bikes
The other 2-wheeled contraptions (changed)
Forza Fever (added)
The PCX's big brother (added)
Cages
When the weather goes to crap, you still have to get there somehow...

Why do you call cars cages? Just seems a bit silly/rude

Not you in particular wn
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hmm... cage: confinement. Like a parrot feels, a biker feels in a 4 wheeled vehicle. Wonder how far back that goes? It started somewhere. 60's? Ya think? Ho hum, no matter...biker yak-slang.
I certainly am Not a hater of cages, in fact I'm a lover! Mainly late 50's thru early 70's. I'd love to be friends with Jay Leno!! Just to see in person, his herd of vehicles o_O 8) :P OMGosh! Extreme "Cages!"
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

[/quote]

Why do you call cars cages? Just seems a bit silly/rude

Not you in particular wn[/quote]

I'm a member of the VFR forum and cars are refered to as cages there also, agree seems silly.

David
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350