Forza talk.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Forza talk.

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

trigg123 wrote:Ooo like the zorst, got a link for that ?
PowerbyForza .com
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:No need to apologise, just get it right.
Damn Yankees :lol:

"Get It Right".....being from Tennessee, we're never referred to as "Yankees", damn or otherwise... :lol: ..."Yankee" generally gets used to refer to USA Citizens above Our imaginary Mason Dixon Line....kind of a hold-over from Our South vs North Civil War..... :D ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

skuuter wrote:
gn2 wrote:No need to apologise, just get it right.
Damn Yankees :lol:

"Get It Right".....being from Tennessee, we're never referred to as "Yankees", damn or otherwise... :lol: ..."Yankee" generally gets used to refer to USA Citizens above Our imaginary Mason Dixon Line....kind of a hold-over from Our South vs North Civil War..... :D ;)
Oh yes, I know, I had an uncle from the deep south.
I was just having a friendly wee pull at your lower limb ;)

Originally from Scotland he went to America where he made his fortune and raised a family.
When he was around 80 he was diagnosed with dementia, so he bought his first ever gun and ended it all.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:
gn2 wrote:Just wait a goddarn minute there bub!
English?
For starters it's British.
Then we get technical.
Triumph was founded by two Germans.

OK, OK....so "USA Southern English" and Our "Useable Labels and Terms" are't the same as the "British Version"..... :D .....and I'm well aware of Triumph's History...I've owned and built 200+ of Their Bikes over the years...accept my apology.... ;) 8)

200+ British bikes. Astounding. Imagine the one that got away?

If it was a Bantam it was German
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Thanks for the history. Right after posting that I had a friend tell me about Triumphs having been sold with right shift- Learn something every day.

Blackcat54 wanted me to post some impressions of the bike- here goes. I have put a couple of hundred (cruizing) miles on it, and am still learning its characteristics. I am even taking the time to learn its 'leaning' and emergency braking characteristics in large empty parking lots before I try to conquer any serious 'twisties'. It does fall into corners quickly; I would definitely characterize it as nimble. Some complain that at ~420 lbs it is too heavy. Could have fooled me; other bikes I have had were lighter, but felt heavier. The weight is packaged well. As a little guy, I am used to having to manhandle bikes into submission, especially at speed, so this is one of its manners I will have to get used to. Tall guys; as delivered, this is definitely a short guys bike. I am 5'6", but have a 30" inseam, so my legs stretch out nicely. Of course, I'm a midget ("da plane boss, da plane.."), but I think anyone over 5'10" might want to sit on one before seriously considering one. Although, I have seen custom seats without the 'cradle' made for these, which look really nice, so that wouldn't be a show stopper if you can wait for the change. Mileage. 68, right on the button. I don't know how I could squeeze more out; I am not a speed freak, and cruize at 55-60 to work. In fact, the bike LIKES to be at 55, and I have to watch the speed all the time as I get into town. It does come off the line quicker than I expected; don't feel like anyone is breathing down my back until I hit cruising at speed limit+5. It is like a horse that just wants to run. It is still new, so mpg may go up as it breaks in; I will check in from time to time on this. Engine braking is better than I thought; if I let up on the throttle too soon coming into a stop, it comes to halt too early, and needs to be coaxed back up to the line. Fit and finish is excellent; typical Honda. I have had such good luck with their reliable bikes, wanted to come back to them. Quiet, and surprisingly, I have been captured in more unsolicited conversations with neighbors since I got it, it is staggering. Didn't even know my next door neighbor (just moved here a little over a year ago), and he came running out and stopped me in the street to take a look. Turns out, he has a garage full of BMW cruisers, and is a 'retired' bmw mechanic that the local shops won't let alone to ride! Very much in demand. Bottom line; I love this bike. It might be too much for my wife, so when I go back to the dealer tomorrow to pickup my honda extended screen (bought the optional taller windscreen), will amble over to the PCX150s and take another good hard look. Now that I have retrained my brain to stop concentrating on the bike and only concentrate on the cell-phone darlings trying to make me a hood ornament, looks like I am going to be a thoroughly happy scooter owner.
Ride long and Prosper!
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Mitch,

Glad your liking the Forza. I'm 5' 11" with a 32" inseam which is not too far off from yours. Sitting on one in a showroom seemed ok fit wise but its not the same as riding & owning one. I'm sure this bike will be just fine as an around the town go about. Mitch, what would be your assessment of the bike as a long distance touring machine? This bike seems to straddle both worlds.

Do report on the tall vs stock screen.
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Some naked frame/engine shots about the 1 min mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ebURyGQHjE

The engine is attached to the frame through some kind of linkage colored yellow, turquoise, and fuchsia in this video.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Will let you know about the taller screen.

I haven't ridden it for any long distance, like a 500-miler yet, so don't know if the seat is a couch potatoes dream, or nightmare. Funny, right now, the worst seat I have ever, ever driven in for long distance, which caused serious leg and back cramps was the wonderful driver seat of...wait for it...a 1999 GMC stretch-cab 3/4 ton truck. The forza seat makes that one feel like a leftover from The Inquisition. Skuuter has put more rubber on the road, and may (at this point) be a better judge, but frankly, I am itching to find out. Michigan has a lot of back-roads with Forza's name all over them. My impression is that with the taller windshield, this vehicle will keep me out of my cage for nearly all of my driving needs, short trips or long- up until the snow flies. From the standpoint of power, handling, and fun-factor, it's a definite yes. I would mention, though, that when strong winds come up, and there are a lot here, the bike could use actually use a bit MORE weight to keep it tracking in a straight line. The only bike I have ever owned that felt like a freight train on tracks in gusty weather was my v45, because it was heavy (518 lbs).
Thanks for the video; hadn't seen that one. I somehow find it comforting that it is a full tubular frame, instead of stamped metal.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

MichRocks wrote:Will let you know about the taller screen.

I haven't ridden it for any long distance, like a 500-miler yet, so don't know if the seat is a couch potatoes dream, or nightmare. Funny, right now, the worst seat I have ever, ever driven in for long distance, which caused serious leg and back cramps was the wonderful driver seat of...wait for it...a 1999 GMC stretch-cab 3/4 ton truck. The forza seat makes that one feel like a leftover from The Inquisition. Skuuter has put more rubber on the road, and may (at this point) be a better judge, but frankly, I am itching to find out. Michigan has a lot of back-roads with Forza's name all over them. My impression is that with the taller windshield, this vehicle will keep me out of my cage for nearly all of my driving needs, short trips or long- up until the snow flies. From the standpoint of power, handling, and fun-factor, it's a definite yes. I would mention, though, that when strong winds come up, and there are a lot here, the bike could use actually use a bit MORE weight to keep it tracking in a straight line. The only bike I have ever owned that felt like a freight train on tracks in gusty weather was my v45, because it was heavy (518 lbs).
Thanks for the video; hadn't seen that one. I somehow find it comforting that it is a full tubular frame, instead of stamped metal.
Great Post.....!!!........I've been trying to get time to post a Ride Report since I added the Honda Tall Windshield, and Top Case....."coming soon", but it's "ALL GOOD"..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

skuuter wrote:
MichRocks wrote:Will let you know about the taller screen.

Great Post.....!!!........I've been trying to get time to post a Ride Report since I added the Honda Tall Windshield, and Top Case....."coming soon", but it's "ALL GOOD"..... ;) 8)
Some photos of that bad boy with the taller screen and top case would be nice.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Scuuter-
Looking forward to your ride report. My work schedule is such that I won't be able to find time to pick up the taller windshield until late this weekend, so pictures of one installed would be cool. Also of the top case. Question; should I have my dealer install the windscreen, or are they easy to install? I have no information on that, and haven't found any blogs dealing with such...
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

finally got a date for my Forza, all being well I should pick it up on the 21st ,:-) good times
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
Gingivitis Khan

Post by Gingivitis Khan »

I took this photo of my Forza this morning. After getting its 600-mile maintenance, I reset the MPG meter. After a few miles of stoplight-to-stoplight, followed by a few dozen miles of 45-50mph and only a few stoplights, ending with a few more miles of in-town traffic, and here's where the MPG meter sits. I'm very happy.

2034 by ScubaDude1960, on Flickr
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Impressive!!
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Is the mpg meter accurate?

Have you cross checked it with your own measurements?
Gingivitis Khan

Post by Gingivitis Khan »

I haven't double-checked, but I've ordered a handlebar GPS mount off eBay and will be using that to measure the miles per tank.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

I am finally used to the 'RED' of this bike. If I ever get to the point of wanting a wee bit more HP, I think I found my next scooter...

I'll be sure to write you all from my hospital bed. :geek:
Attachments
Ferrari800.jpg
Ferrari800.jpg (111 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Taller Screen feedback.

The bike is not the same. Better.....much, much better. The ride over to the dealer was cold; on the way back, I had to loosen my jacket, and take off my gloves as I was overheating. The winds have been crazy lately, and I have been thrashed about to the point of being tired fighting it. After putting on the taller Honda screen, that aspect of the ride has radically diminished. It is now a smooth ride, even at higher speeds, ~75mph. Regarding the higher speeds, the bike used to like to sit at 55 mph as a sweet spot. That has moved up to 65 instead and now I am even more conscious of too much throttle. Some may find it less 'sexy', but from a drivers point of view, I think that this should have been the default screen for the Forza. Needless to say, my fondness for the ride has increased a lot. The bike is breaking in, and I am starting to see a little bit better mileage; cracked 70 mpg this week. Now for my rain gear, and I'm all set.

Ride Long and Prosper!
Attachments
screenb.jpg
screenb.jpg (516.78 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
screena.jpg
screena.jpg (394.26 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

How much was the tall screen?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:How much was the tall screen?
Kerching!!