Forza talk.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Forza talk.

Post by blackcat54 »

I think your Forza looks better with the tall screen. The taller screen balances out the front end from a visual perspective.

I hope the Forza becomes a wild success and causes Suzuki much pain.

What happens if you cruse at 70mph with regards to the sweet spot? Does the bike become unsettled or harsh?
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

blackcat54 wrote:I think your Forza looks better with the tall screen. The taller screen balances out the front end from a visual perspective.

What happens if you cruse at 70mph with regards to the sweet spot? Does the bike become unsettled or harsh?
My Wife and I spent about 30+ miles on the Interstate yesterday between 70 and 80 MPH the whole time. We have the Taller Honda Windshields and Honda Top Cases....smooth as can be expected from a Bike in it's weight class. A 900 pound Gold Wing, obviously, is smoother, but the Forza definitely falls into the "Smooth Ride at 70+ MPH" Category. Smoother and more stable than the 600 Silver Wing Scooters I've owned..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

gn2-
List on the Honda screen is $139.00 My dealership gives 15% off all purchases/service for those who bought there, so it came to < $160 installed. I would have done the installation myself, but don't have access to any kind of manual, and had no idea of how to do it. A video on PCXs windshield replacement shows a couple of forward screws that attach the fairing, but on the Forza, these are buried somewhere, and I didn't want to scratch it trying to find out. Even the service guys had to pull down the manual, because they didn't know how to do it either! Regardless, considering the change made my ride much safer, (and quieter!), it was a good investment, and I highly recommend it for those that are going to put a couple of miles on it. I would include PCX as a candidate for this kind of upgrade too if the price makes sense. The PCX150 certainly has enough juice to make the marginal added drag irrelevant, and the comfort is worth it.

Blackcat54-
I don't know for sure about 70mph with regard to the sweet spot. Lake Michigan winds were blowing with 50mph gusts, and although the bike performs better now than it used to, my comfort level declines while riding in heavy semi-truck traffic, and being buffeted by heavy winds...which was what I was experiencing yesterday. I was still being blown around by the turbulence, but I was much more comfortable.

Hope that line doesn't appear on my headstone.... o_O
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Scuuter-
Wish I could have been there instead of here. Looks like beautiful country where you guys are throwing down tracks....!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

blackcat54 wrote:Is the mpg meter accurate?

Have you cross checked it with your own measurements?
The onboard fuel economy gauge is probably set for Imperial gallons the same as the CBR500R so multiply by .83 for US gallons.
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

skuuter wrote:
blackcat54 wrote:I think your Forza looks better with the tall screen. The taller screen balances out the front end from a visual perspective.

My Wife and I spent about 30+ miles on the Interstate yesterday between 70 and 80 MPH the whole time. We have the Taller Honda Windshields and Honda Top Cases....smooth as can be expected from a Bike in it's weight class. A 900 pound Gold Wing, obviously, is smoother, but the Forza definitely falls into the "Smooth Ride at 70+ MPH" Category. Smoother and more stable than the 600 Silver Wing Scooters I've owned..... 8)
Any photos of your Forza with the tall screen & top case mounted?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MichRocks wrote:Taller Screen feedback.

The bike is not the same. Better.....much, much better. The ride over to the dealer was cold; on the way back, I had to loosen my jacket, and take off my gloves as I was overheating. The winds have been crazy lately, and I have been thrashed about to the point of being tired fighting it. After putting on the taller Honda screen, that aspect of the ride has radically diminished. It is now a smooth ride, even at higher speeds, ~75mph. Regarding the higher speeds, the bike used to like to sit at 55 mph as a sweet spot. That has moved up to 65 instead and now I am even more conscious of too much throttle. Some may find it less 'sexy', but from a drivers point of view, I think that this should have been the default screen for the Forza. Needless to say, my fondness for the ride has increased a lot. The bike is breaking in, and I am starting to see a little bit better mileage; cracked 70 mpg this week. Now for my rain gear, and I'm all set.

Ride Long and Prosper!
That looks much better. For me a lot of bikes, including the pcx, are just too low at the front
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

skuuter wrote:

When you say "smooth" do you mean smooth as in little to no engine vibration or smooth as in the suspension absorbing road irregularities?
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

blackcat54 wrote:
skuuter wrote:

When you say "smooth" do you mean smooth as in little to no engine vibration or smooth as in the suspension absorbing road irregularities?
For a "Single", engine vibration is very small, and "irregularities" are absorbed fine. The Forza, as compared to "most" Scooters it's size is sprung fairly heavy. For handling, this is a good thing...for hitting large bad spots in the road or uneven bridge seams, etc., this might be considered a bad thing to some. I never "nit-pic" an occasional "jolt" if it's due to good, fairly stiff suspension (this is the case with the Forza)....I'll nit-pic if it's due to not enough suspension travel..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Short video highlighting some technical details of the Forza in Japanese. Translate anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwvsN9KV3SY
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

It's a velly velly nice scooter
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

trigg123 wrote:It's a velly velly nice scooter
Come on now...stop teasing!

I noticed that the Japanese video expands on a great deal of technical detail. On the other hand the English version is sanitized where most of the juicy tech details are removed. :cry:
Gingivitis Khan

Post by Gingivitis Khan »

blackcat54 wrote:Is the mpg meter accurate?

Have you cross checked it with your own measurements?
I got a GPS mount the other day, and find that the speedometer is perfectly accurate at any speed. The odometer measured 24.9 miles on a 25 actual mile test run. The MPG meter is generally very close to what I'm actually getting.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Speedometer seems to be "spot-on"....my Mileage Meter tends to run 2 to 4 miles per gallon less than it actually figures out to when I fill up. This is only the 4th recent Honda that has had an accurate speedometer in my stable. The Forza joins the DN-01, REPSOL Edition CBR1000RR, and Phantom 750......the Others were the "typical" 2 to 5 MPH Honda "faster than I'm actually going" over read. My PCX150 is 2 MPH faster than my GPS, and Police Radar Unit readings..... ;)
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Hmm. It could be the wind, but I am getting only about 61-66mpg on average. A bit disappointing, but probably not low enough to take it into the shop for eval.
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

It must depend on what GPS you use? Our Garmin has been spot on with both of our PCXs, and our former Silverwing & SH150i. I can only attest up to the 65 mph mark for accuracy.
Unless you're gunning the Forza, 61 is pretty low mpg. My former Silverwing never did worse than 55 & as high as 60 & that's 279 vs 582cc?
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

The 61 was in heavy stop/go traffic (lots of signals, start, stop), 39-55 F temps, with high winds. Pretty low, yea, but maybe understandable. Yesterday, I filled up after 140mi cruise; pegged it at 66.667mpg. 39 degrees F to 62 F, flat terrain, none to high winds, 45-60 mph. My gas gauge reads Empty when at 1 gal remaining. Little bit of comfort knowing there's some juice left when I start to need it. The higher screen might have had a negative impact on mileage, was a little bit better before but the ride is much more comfortable so I'm good.
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Understandable, based on all your conditions & I'm with you, over choosing comfort over a few mpg & mph
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

MichRocks:
Thanks for posting pics and your review of the taller windscreen. I decided to order my new Forza with the tall windscreen based on your comments.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus