Forza talk.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Forza talk.

Post by MichRocks »

Well...had a humbling moment today... :oops:

On the bike for only five minutes, "I can ride anything" ego in control. Road dropped down a steep incline at the back of the bike shop, going out onto the road for the first time, instinct took over and I thrust my right foot quickly over to hit the brake as I pulled in the clutch.

Damn instinct....Bike didn't do what I thought would happen at all! I think I need a brain reset. (OK, OK, this 'simplicity' stuff is harder than it looks). I now have a pre-ride checklist that I will tape to my gauge cluster:

Before starting:
1. Engage Brake
2. Engage Brain
3. Turn Key

Anyway, after 50 miles on the bugger I can report that I can type, but still can't talk yet...the smile seems to be stuck on my face for a while.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Mich, that right there is why I took my MSF class for the motorcycle endorsement, and then promptly bought a scooter. SO much easier than clutching, shifting, and braking!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh no....that was "Muscle Memory," are you okay? Ya know, I think I did the same when I switched from a shifty. Odd ain't it? Dustin mentioned an MSF course, I agree it's a big plus. Have you considered one or a refresher course "using a scooter?" That would definitely help re-train some Old muscle memory reactions, & build your confidence...& even rid ya of bad habits. Have the Mrs. join in the Fun :P ---> Clutch! Shifter! Foot Brake! Be Gone!! ~ Poof! ~
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MichRocks wrote:Well...had a humbling moment today... :oops:

On the bike for only five minutes, "I can ride anything" ego in control. Road dropped down a steep incline at the back of the bike shop, going out onto the road for the first time, instinct took over and I thrust my right foot quickly over to hit the brake as I pulled in the clutch.

Damn instinct....Bike didn't do what I thought would happen at all! I think I need a brain reset. (OK, OK, this 'simplicity' stuff is harder than it looks). I now have a pre-ride checklist that I will tape to my gauge cluster:

Before starting:
1. Engage Brake
2. Engage Brain
3. Turn Key

Anyway, after 50 miles on the bugger I can report that I can type, but still can't talk yet...the smile seems to be stuck on my face for a while.
I know what you mean. On a geared bike I've gently pulled the left hand lever to slow down, only to pull the clutch in
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Thanks! I'm OK, didn't dump the bike at all, and learned a lesson that stuck with me from that moment on. Funny, the left brake is linked to both disks; the bike just stopped dead in it tracks, smooth as glass, right there in the middle of the descent.

I exploded in laughter! :lol:

That didn't happen the rest of the day. I'm an old dog...but I learn new tricks.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Sometimes my left foot still tries to select neutral as I roll to a stop.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

............... :D ... :D ... :D
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Good! You're okay...Forza okay. Everything is back on track! A bit of extra happy to share....the PCX brakes do a great job of grabbing too. I am always impressed by them and actually enjoy quick stopping (for the fun of it & added practice :D How's your wife liking the new family member? Did she ride it yet? 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Sometimes my left foot still tries to select neutral as I roll to a stop.
Left foot!

Didn't you have any real bikes?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Never owned a right foot change but have ridden some in the dim and distant past.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

Forza with accessories
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

Ooo like the zorst, got a link for that ?
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:Forza with accessories
How did you get a white one? I thought the US was only getting red ones.

These replacement shocks are popular in Thailand: http://www.forzaclubthailand.com/forums ... a=page%3D1

Looks like part of this family: http://www.ohlins.com/Our-products-new/ ... ers/S36-P/

I hope they become available in the US.
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

Not mine, I dont want one. Just showing a pic of tricked out Forza. The exhaust alone is almost 700 dollars. The headlights are close to 500 dollars. Even the foot pegs and foot rest plates are over 100 dollars.

It does look a bit better in white then that gawd awful red..
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Yea, it's RED alright! There is one good thing about it though; the company I work for has a LOT of employees, and when the bell rings, they scramble for the exits. Streets are packed with revving cars and trucks, people anxious to get home. The 'GLOWING RED' seems to get noticed a LOT, and people let me in to a driving lane as if I am a people! It is also noticed in the motorcycle parking area of the plant. I came out to start my long ride home (~30mi), and there were three people standing there, staring at it. Two had helmets in their hands, and the smallest bike in the lot is a 500cc crotch-rocket...except for mine. Nobody had seen one, and a conversation was struck that I hadn't expected. They like it!

By the way; you you; this blew me away (old dog syndrome)...there are right-footed shifters??? I have owned Kawis, Honda, CZ, Hodaka, Yamaha, have ridden Husq's and have never encountered one! If I am having problems NOW, that scares the box of crackers out of me!!

Ride safe, All! Keep the pictures flowing!
Attachments
My new ride...
My new ride...
BIKE1K.jpg (580.9 KiB) Viewed 2465 times
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

MichRocks wrote:By the way; you you; this blew me away (old dog syndrome)...there are right-footed shifters??? I have owned Kawis, Honda, CZ, Hodaka, Yamaha, have ridden Husq's and have never encountered one! If I am having problems NOW, that scares the box of crackers out of me!!
Right foot gear change is feck all.
Your own country once produced bikes with a left hand throttle, right hand gear change and a foot clutch.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

English Motorcycles (Triumph, BSA, Norton, Matchless, etc.), along with most Other European Bikes here in the USA came with right side shifters until 1969 when left side shift and clutch were standardized. The Original Indian Motorcycles had left hand throttles, right hand shift up through Their demise in 1953....I've owned some of each example I just gave..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Just wait a goddarn minute there bub!
English?
For starters it's British.
Then we get technical.
Triumph was founded by two Germans.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:Just wait a goddarn minute there bub!
English?
For starters it's British.
Then we get technical.
Triumph was founded by two Germans.

OK, OK....so "USA Southern English" and Our "Useable Labels and Terms" are't the same as the "British Version"..... :D .....and I'm well aware of Triumph's History...I've owned and built 200+ of Their Bikes over the years...accept my apology.... ;) 8)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

No need to apologise, just get it right.
Damn Yankees :lol: