Rode the Forza Today...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Rode the Forza Today...

Post by skuuter »

OK, one of Our Forza's came in, other one will be in within the next two weeks. My Dealer called and asked if I wanted to do a quick "Lunchtime Shootout" between it and my PCX150...I said sure, so I quickly unloaded my "normal ballast" of compressor, tools, etc. and headed over on the PCX150. I rode the Forza300 and my Dealer rode the PCX150 on the way out on the "Test Loop", then switched for the ride back. I may "dispute" some Member Reports here in a few comparisons, such as the "Forza takes off slower than the PCX150"...not so, but, anyway here we go.......

Our Results were the same, no matter who was riding what.....

DRAG RACE.....Forza all the way...start to finish

BRAKING.....60 mph to zero...Forza won by 21 feet shorter distance with me on it, 16 feet with my Dealer on it

HANDLING.....Much quicker into, and out of corners, and I'm even used to the PCX

RIDE.....Much less "wallow" than the PCX...holds a line through a corner comparable to a really good handling Sport Bike

COMFORT.....Much better on the Forza, wide, firm seat, and very supportive backrest

Honda definitely has a Winner on it's hands with this one.....Fantastic handling, more stability at speed than a Silver Wing, great braking (Large discs front and rear), firm suspension, comfy seat, full instrumentation (clock, tach, trip, etc.), 3 gallon gas tank, integral turn signals, large rear passenger grab rail, engine, swingarm, battery are all carried super low in relation to the axle centerlines, wide, sticky tires...the List goes on and on...there is even a "pop-off" panel to install the rear Trunk brackets.....

"In my opinion", this is hands down, Honda's finest Scooter to date, whether stacked up against a Metro, Silver Wing, and Everything in between. It does it all with Great Looks and Storage. You also have more of a "sit-down-in-it" feel than the "scooter-familiar-perched-on-top-of-it" feel...the center of gravity definitely feels much better than the PCX producing almost "gyro-feel" cornering (engine, 3 gallon gas tank, and battery location all help, coupled with the large, firm shocks and forks)...did it make me dislike my PCX150, "no", but it relegates it to the "Number 2 Slot" for sure. This thing is waaaay more than enough Scooter for cross-country Touring Trips, yet mild handling enough for urban commuting...Honda didn't just touch all the bases with the Forza, They knocked it out of the park in every category....THANKS Honda.....!!!!!!!!!..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Rode the Forza Today...

Post by gn2 »

Judging by the narrow margin of victory in the braking test I take it your Forza doesn't have ABS...?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:Judging by the narrow margin of victory in the braking test I take it your Forza doesn't have ABS...?
Nope...I still prefer "the feel" of standard braking over ABS...my exceptions being on Large Bikes such as Gold Wings...I suffer from "Old School" sometimes.... ;) :D...fairly impressive difference though given the weight differences..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Suffer is the word.
ABS is the mutts nuts.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:Suffer is the word.
ABS is the mutts nuts.
Would never argue the point...ABS is a Great Thing, and I've had it on several Other Motorcycles, and one of my Silver Wings..... ;) 8)
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

cheers for your thought skuut. ordering mine tomorrow for delivery in sept :-)
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Same Skuut, great write up. My 150 will do for the next few years, but the Forza follow up after the 300 (if there is one) is the next one getting space in my garage!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Nice review. Were you able to go over some bumps to see if the shocks are better too?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I did.
Forza glides over them compared to a PCX.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:OK, one of Our Forza's came in, other one will be in within the next two weeks. My Dealer called and asked if I wanted to do a quick "Lunchtime Shootout" between it and my PCX150...I said sure, so I quickly unloaded my "normal ballast" of compressor, tools, etc. and headed over on the PCX150. I rode the Forza300 and my Dealer rode the PCX150 on the way out on the "Test Loop", then switched for the ride back. I may "dispute" some Member Reports here in a few comparisons, such as the "Forza takes off slower than the PCX150"...not so, but, anyway here we go.......

Our Results were the same, no matter who was riding what.....

DRAG RACE.....Forza all the way...start to finish

BRAKING.....60 mph to zero...Forza won by 21 feet shorter distance with me on it, 16 feet with my Dealer on it

HANDLING.....Much quicker into, and out of corners, and I'm even used to the PCX

RIDE.....Much less "wallow" than the PCX...holds a line through a corner comparable to a really good handling Sport Bike

COMFORT.....Much better on the Forza, wide, firm seat, and very supportive backrest

Honda definitely has a Winner on it's hands with this one.....Fantastic handling, more stability at speed than a Silver Wing, great braking (Large discs front and rear), firm suspension, comfy seat, full instrumentation (clock, tach, trip, etc.), 3 gallon gas tank, integral turn signals, large rear passenger grab rail, engine, swingarm, battery are all carried super low in relation to the axle centerlines, wide, sticky tires...the List goes on and on...there is even a "pop-off" panel to install the rear Trunk brackets.....

"In my opinion", this is hands down, Honda's finest Scooter to date, whether stacked up against a Metro, Silver Wing, and Everything in between. It does it all with Great Looks and Storage. You also have more of a "sit-down-in-it" feel than the "scooter-familiar-perched-on-top-of-it" feel...the center of gravity definitely feels much better than the PCX producing almost "gyro-feel" cornering (engine, 3 gallon gas tank, and battery location all help, coupled with the large, firm shocks and forks)...did it make me dislike my PCX150, "no", but it relegates it to the "Number 2 Slot" for sure. This thing is waaaay more than enough Scooter for cross-country Touring Trips, yet mild handling enough for urban commuting...Honda didn't just touch all the bases with the Forza, They knocked it out of the park in every category....THANKS Honda.....!!!!!!!!!..... 8)

Sounds like a better scooter. Is it more expensive?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

In terms of how many ponies you get for your money its cheaper.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

trigg123 wrote:cheers for your thought skuut. ordering mine tomorrow for delivery in sept :-)
THANKS....You'll enjoy it.... ;)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

dustin91 wrote:Same Skuut, great write up. My 150 will do for the next few years, but the Forza follow up after the 300 (if there is one) is the next one getting space in my garage!

"Personally", although not verified by Honda yet, I think the Silver Wing is due for a Total Facelift or Replacement in the near future. Looking at the Other Brands, I'm thinking possibly around 700cc maybe.....we'll see..... ;)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

you you wrote: Sounds like a better scooter. Is it more expensive?
gn2 nailed it, yes, horsepower for horsepower, dollar for dollar, the Forza is a "Better Scooter".....do I think it could/would replace the PCX150, no, because it's slotted for a segment of the population needing a "Larger Scooter"...the PCX125 and PCX150 fit a "price point and performance segment" of Riders wanting Storage, Handling and Performance on a more limited price spent for it, and is still a FANTASTIC Scooter in it's own right...until the Forza300, in my opinion, Honda's Best Offering to date. Both Scooters are well worth owning.....!!!!!... 8)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Taz wrote:Nice review. Were you able to go over some bumps to see if the shocks are better too?

Again, gn2 nailed it....Yes, the Forza hardly notices places in the road that the PCX150 "calls" a "Bump"....it still has a very stiff, "Almost Motorcycle Feel" Suspension, and will still slightly jar You on EXCESSIVE bumps, but if You soften suspension to the point of long travel and soft springs, Your "asphalt handling" leaves quickly. Try a Motocross Bike on a twisty asphalt road...wallow, wallow, wallow, but it holds a perfect line on a rough/bumped Dirt Track as all that "plushness" lets You carve a good corner line. Great Bikes need fairly stiff suspension to work well and safely on twisty roads. Soft is fine on straight smooth highways, but tend to not be where most Bikes live out Their lives...I know mine don't..... ;) 8)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

In my personal opinion, if You Can Afford It, and Can Only Own One Scooter, and that Scooter needs to take You to the Neighborhood Store and on Extended Long Distance Trips, the Forza300 is probably a better overall choice for You. It doesn't replace the nitch the PCX has carved out for itself, and I will still enjoy flicking the small, lightweight, agile PCX.....I truly believe the Forza300 will be the scooter that helps make "Scooters OK" with dyed in the wool Motorcycle Owners here in the USA...it has all of the saving attributes to make it be acceptable as a Motorcycle Replacement if You're wanting to try Scooter Convenience, Gas Mileage, and Comfort.....Time will tell, but right now, They're flying out the Dealer Doors..... ;) 8)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

skuuter wrote:"Personally", although not verified by Honda yet, I think the Silver Wing is due for a Total Facelift or Replacement in the near future. Looking at the Other Brands, I'm thinking possibly around 700cc maybe.....we'll see..... ;)
The facelifted SW-T Linky has been on sale in mainland Europe for for a couple of years in 400 and 600 guises.

I'm not sure if the Silverwing remains in production or if they are still trying to clear a backlog of old machines.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:
skuuter wrote:"Personally", although not verified by Honda yet, I think the Silver Wing is due for a Total Facelift or Replacement in the near future. Looking at the Other Brands, I'm thinking possibly around 700cc maybe.....we'll see..... ;)
The facelifted SW-T Linky has been on sale in mainland Europe for for a couple of years in 400 and 600 guises.

I'm not sure if the Silverwing remains in production or if they are still trying to clear a backlog of old machines.
Ah, will have to look at this.....the Silver Wing here in the USA, seems to be in "unload the warehouses" mode....with Dealer Incentives, Honda Bucks, and a Dealer that will work with You, You can get a Silver Wing for about $1500 more than a Forza. I prefer the Forza having owned 4 Silver Wings in the past....THANKS..... ;)
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

The SW-T looks to have huge under-seat storage!

http://www.omnimoto.it/foto/popup/30913 ... -2009-test
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Rode the Forza in the rain yesterday, Our other one is in route to the Dealer. Went on and ordered the Genuine Honda Taller Windshield, Rear Case, and Mounting Hardware for both Scooters..... 8)