Rode the Forza Today...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Rode the Forza Today...

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:
Mel46 wrote:We haven't even gotten an acknowledgement from the dealers that they are expecting any Forzas. In fact, my regular dealer didn't know what I was talking about! Come on dealers! If you want to sell to people then know your stuff. We were able to find one dealer recently who said that he expects one some time in October. I guess we will be checking back with them.
If it's anything like the Dealerships around here, Ya'll better be there on arrival day....None have stayed at any of the Dealers here in a 50 mile radius for even a full day.....most were sold before being broken out of the Crate..... ;)
Gosh they sound exciting

The land of the barracuda, coke bottle camero and mustang must have really lowered its expectations
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

My dealer had 2 of them on the lot when I bought mine yesterday. (one ABS and one without)

C'mon up. He'll sell you the other one.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Darth Emma wrote:My dealer had 2 of them on the lot when I bought mine yesterday. (one ABS and one without)

C'mon up. He'll sell you the other one.
My Local Dealer picked another one up yesterday (actually only got back at 9:30pm last night) from another Dealer in Kentucky. He delivered two Four Wheelers to Them on Their "Dealer Deal"...a Friend of mine is going to look at it first thing this morning when They open....maybe another "Scooter Convert" from Motorcycles..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

you you wrote:
skuuter wrote:OK, one of Our Forza's came in, other one will be in within the next two weeks. My Dealer called and asked if I wanted to do a quick "Lunchtime Shootout" between it and my PCX150...I said sure, so I quickly unloaded my "normal ballast" of compressor, tools, etc. and headed over on the PCX150. I rode the Forza300 and my Dealer rode the PCX150 on the way out on the "Test Loop", then switched for the ride back. I may "dispute" some Member Reports here in a few comparisons, such as the "Forza takes off slower than the PCX150"...not so, but, anyway here we go.......

Our Results were the same, no matter who was riding what.....

DRAG RACE.....Forza all the way...start to finish

BRAKING.....60 mph to zero...Forza won by 21 feet shorter distance with me on it, 16 feet with my Dealer on it

HANDLING.....Much quicker into, and out of corners, and I'm even used to the PCX

RIDE.....Much less "wallow" than the PCX...holds a line through a corner comparable to a really good handling Sport Bike

COMFORT.....Much better on the Forza, wide, firm seat, and very supportive backrest

Honda definitely has a Winner on it's hands with this one.....Fantastic handling, more stability at speed than a Silver Wing, great braking (Large discs front and rear), firm suspension, comfy seat, full instrumentation (clock, tach, trip, etc.), 3 gallon gas tank, integral turn signals, large rear passenger grab rail, engine, swingarm, battery are all carried super low in relation to the axle centerlines, wide, sticky tires...the List goes on and on...there is even a "pop-off" panel to install the rear Trunk brackets.....

"In my opinion", this is hands down, Honda's finest Scooter to date, whether stacked up against a Metro, Silver Wing, and Everything in between. It does it all with Great Looks and Storage. You also have more of a "sit-down-in-it" feel than the "scooter-familiar-perched-on-top-of-it" feel...the center of gravity definitely feels much better than the PCX producing almost "gyro-feel" cornering (engine, 3 gallon gas tank, and battery location all help, coupled with the large, firm shocks and forks)...did it make me dislike my PCX150, "no", but it relegates it to the "Number 2 Slot" for sure. This thing is waaaay more than enough Scooter for cross-country Touring Trips, yet mild handling enough for urban commuting...Honda didn't just touch all the bases with the Forza, They knocked it out of the park in every category....THANKS Honda.....!!!!!!!!!..... 8)

Sounds like a better scooter. Is it more expensive?
Yes,almost double of the Pcx 150 here in Aus! Pcx 150 now $4200 ride away while Forza is $7700 ride away... :roll:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Worth every penny.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:Worth every penny.
Maybe,depends....... :|
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Another Forza 8)
Congratulations Darth Emma! From what's been read/said here, it's a Winner! So are you! Enjoy it :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

WhiteNoise wrote:Another Forza 8)
Congratulations Darth Emma! From what's been read/said here, it's a Winner! So are you! Enjoy it :P

Thank you, thank you! I'm very pleased with it!

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I'm getting to like that tall screen more and more, price here is £96 ($115) so not quite sure if I like it as much as all that, maybe if it was £60...
Keep posting these good pics, you just might convince me ;)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh gn2, do it! That Honda screen looks great!! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I love the Honda tall windscreen. After riding the first day without it, I can say that is makes a huge improvement. Also, I am 5'7" and I can see over the top by a couple of inches, yet the wind goes right over my helmet. It is all I was hoping for. It is very solid even at 75+ mph (ask me how I know). :)

Here are a couple more pics.

st3v4nt

Post by st3v4nt »

Just asking where Forza put the radiator? Like PCX on side or like most scooter on bottom front?
I think the PCX have better placement of radiator compare to other scooter placement.
Especially for tropical and wet road condition.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Radiator position is the conventional spot behind the rontwheel.
AFAIK only the PCX has the radiator mounted on the engine
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Darth Emma-

Glad you like the top screen, too. It really does make a difference in the ride. One thing I would note, however, is that in HEAVY rain, and I have been in it a couple of times, the screen forms a vacuum behind it at the lower portion, and the rain is pulled into the seat area. You quickly become soaked in your best parts! I knew I was going for rain gear; just didn't know how fast I needed it with the taller screen.. :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Rainwater collects there with the standard screen too.
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

That sounds like a significant design flaw. Air should be allowed to flow under the lower edge of the windshield and into the lower portion above the dash cowl. I would look into a mod to open up that part to some air flow to prevent any (vacuum) low pressure spots.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Good points; there is an opening under the windhield for that purpose. Perhads it is just because of the fairing. I am new to scoots, and dont know how much deflection the fairing provides, but from gn2's comment, it may not be the screen.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

On every two wheeler I've ever ridden, the weakest link in the waterproof chain has always been around the unmentionables.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I don't ride mine in the rain. I know I may get caught out it the rain occasionally though. I don't own any rain gear yet. I have yet to wear the large plastic bag I keep under my seat!
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

st3v4nt wrote:Just asking where Forza put the radiator? Like PCX on side or like most scooter on bottom front?
I think the PCX have better placement of radiator compare to other scooter placement.
Especially for tropical and wet road condition.

My Ruckus has it on the side of the engine too.