Rode the Forza Today...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Rode the Forza Today...

Post by kramnala58 »

Darth Emma wrote:I don't ride mine in the rain. I know I may get caught out it the rain occasionally though. I don't own any rain gear yet. I have yet to wear the large plastic bag I keep under my seat!
Rain gear is for whimps ;) :lol: All you need is an umbrella. I see this all the time in Thailand. :)
Motorcycle Umbrella.JPG
Motorcycle Umbrella.JPG (36.91 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

kramnala58 wrote: Rain gear is for whimps ;) :lol: All you need is an umbrella. I see this all the time in Thailand. :)

I just put "one pink umbrella" on my list of accessories to get. :)
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

kramnala58 wrote:Rain gear is for whimps ;) :lol: All you need is an umbrella. I see this all the time in Thailand. :)
Try riding in fog and rain in the dark with the temperature at 6°C on an unlit Scottish A-road using an umbrella for protection and let me know how you get on.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

kramnala58 wrote:All you need is an umbrella. I see this all the time in Thailand.
----------------
Rather than an umbrella, it's a parasol. The Thais don't want to get a tan.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

Darth Emma wrote:
st3v4nt wrote:Just asking where Forza put the radiator? Like PCX on side or like most scooter on bottom front?
I think the PCX have better placement of radiator compare to other scooter placement.
Especially for tropical and wet road condition.

My Ruckus has it on the side of the engine too.

Elite 110 also:

Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The Elite is air cooled.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

The Elite 110/Lead is definitely liquid cooled, I had one for 3 years.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

gn2 wrote:The Elite is air cooled.
--------------
No, it's not. I had one for a short while. It's liquid-cooled with a small fan attached to the engine side. Elite equals Honda Lead outside the US. The new Honda Lead 125 has the same engine as the PCX.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
chucktuna
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

khaosaming wrote:
gn2 wrote:The Elite is air cooled.
--------------
No, it's not. I had one for a short while. It's liquid-cooled with a small fan attached to the engine side. Elite equals Honda Lead outside the US. The new Honda Lead 125 has the same engine as the PCX.

Yes, water cooled.. see radiator cap and coolant overflow /expansion tank in this crappy pic.

(Close thread jack please)

Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

No worries chuck, we go off topic on any given topic. It's remembering what said topic was to get back on topic. ( :? Oh, I should say goodnight :roll: )
Wait!....How 'bout I say antifreeze? :D
"Night Alice, Night Ralph"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

okay, I gave the Forza a test drive today. Very nice. I agree the seat's more comfortable, and the additional weight and the extra burst of power is very nice. I'm not sure it's worth it to upgrade, just yet (I only have a little more than 600 miles on the PCX), but I'm thinking about using my son's Zuma 50 as a trade (it's only got a few hundred miles on it), and then giving him the PCX 150, while I take the Forza. Too bad, it only comes in red -- although, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I actually prefer the PCX red, though.

When I got it to almost 70, my helmet lifted slightly off my head, reminding me that I really need to cinch it up a bit tighter :lol:
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

That was funny Meissinger. I can picture the split second panic you must have felt as that happened!

Darth- glad to see you on this forum, I remember you on the CTX forum. Did you test the PCX or just went straight to the Forza?

I have loved my PCX, but because I ride 55 roads every work day to commute to work, and it is hilly, I am not getting the mpg I was hoping to. I am getting in the low to mid 70 mpg. And at that level, a larger bike would give that and offer more by way of power, comfort and speed if needed. So I have been pondering the Forza or the CTX auto version. I am 5'6 (30" inseam) and honestly the PCX has me on tip toes when stopped with both feet down. I know the Forza and CTX are shorter than the PCX. Would love to hear comments about these issues specifically (other than what has already been said on this thread). Thanks everyone.
Ronin Jim

Post by Ronin Jim »

Hi Mr. Superchiken.
I have a 31" inseam and can flatfoot the Forza just fine. It is a very comfortable bike and it loves the open road and will do your 55mph easily with lots to spare.
Took mine on a nice 70km ride this afternoon in the rural area out of Oshawa and had a hoot, other than coming home with the sun at eye level.

Jim
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

Thanks Ronin.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

MrSuperchicken1 wrote:That was funny Meissinger. I can picture the split second panic you must have felt as that happened!

Darth- glad to see you on this forum, I remember you on the CTX forum. Did you test the PCX or just went straight to the Forza?

I have loved my PCX, but because I ride 55 roads every work day to commute to work, and it is hilly, I am not getting the mpg I was hoping to. I am getting in the low to mid 70 mpg. And at that level, a larger bike would give that and offer more by way of power, comfort and speed if needed. So I have been pondering the Forza or the CTX auto version. I am 5'6 (30" inseam) and honestly the PCX has me on tip toes when stopped with both feet down. I know the Forza and CTX are shorter than the PCX. Would love to hear comments about these issues specifically (other than what has already been said on this thread). Thanks everyone.

Sorry it took me a while to respond. I've been away.

Anyway, I went straight to the Forza. I did not ride a PCX150. I was looking for a bike to move up from my 50 cc Ruckus. I wanted something that would do highway cruising. The PCX will do 65 mph (just) from what I've read here.

I actually bought a CTX, but it was just too damn heavy for me. I am VERY happy with the Forza. It is only about 75 lbs lighter than the CTX700, but it feels much more balanced to me. I have a lot more confidence riding the Forza than I did the CTX700 (although the CTX had considerably more low-end torque). But, the Forza will do 90+, so I'm happy with that. I am absolutely sure I made the right choice by going with the Forza. It is an awesome bike for my needs.

Good luck with your decision.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus