Rode the Forza Today...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Rode the Forza Today...

Post by gn2 »

Darth Emma wrote: I was looking for a bit more info on the differences between the Forza and the PCX150 as far as size and stability as well as other features to consider.
The Forza is a fair bit bigger and heavier than the PCX, you notice this most when pushing it around.
Once under way the Forza is really easy to ride slow, the weight is all low down and the seat is low.
Unlike the CTX you don't have to sit with your feet forward, this is better for balance and better when coming to a stop.
The PCX has a tighter turning circle than the Forza and can squeeze through smaller gaps, the Forza has much more go and is suitable for higher speed roads.

Ride both, buy the one you like best.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Since I/We own both (Forza300/PCX150).....the Forza300 is actually as well balanced at low speeds as the PCX, if not maybe slightly better. You have to "trust" Your Tires and just let it lay over at really slow speeds. I can actually turn much sharper in a parking lot on the Forza than the PCX. Before I can turn the PCX as sharp, it has a tendency to want to "tuck" the front wheel (wheel reaches a point that it is cut at such an angle it pushes/scrubs, instead of rolling free). The PCX is "obviously" lighter and sometimes/most times, the lighter weight is more confidence inspiring to Newer Riders. Either Scooter will be a Great step-up from Your Ruckus (I've owned several Ruckus Scooters), and will enable You to move with Traffic and take much longer Scooter Trips. The PCX150 represents a level of riding and enjoyment that doesn't have to be "moved up" from. It is capable of providing fun transportation for any level of Rider. The Forza300 can easily be termed a "stopping place" for ANY Rider, of ANY amount of experience as it is more than capable of running to the Store, riding twisties aggressively with an Experienced Motorcycle Group, or Touring cross country single or 2-up. Enjoy Your Demo Rides and carefully think out exactly what You want and expect, long term in a 2-wheel Scooter. It will save You many, many $$$$$ in the long run if You don't have to "move up" very often. Post Your Demo Ride Experience here of Both Machines. It will be interesting to read Your opinions.....THANKS and ENJOY..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Darth Emma wrote:I'm a novice rider and have only had my license for a month (after taking a 3-day safety course). I think I need to take a step in between 50cc and 700cc ... I have several options... keep the CTX and suck it up and learn to ride it with a lot more practice, or get a PCX150 which I am 100% sure I'd have a lot of fun with but might not be much of a step up from my 50 cc Ruckus (which I'm keeping), or get a Forza which might to turn out to also be too big for me, but I think I could get comfy riding it with practice, or just get rid of the CTX and only ride my Ruck... decisions decisions. Life is short, I want to have fun.
If you do a lot in driving in a city, I would go for the PCX. But you if aren't driving in a lot of city traffic, I would for the Forza. There is a lot of open country on Ohio that the Forza would be great for.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I'm heading to the dealer tomorrow morning to do a test ride and compare the PCX150 with the Forza. Thanks for the tips and advice. I'll report back afterward.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Skuuter, does the US Forza have the protruding signal mounts or unlike the US PCX, are they integrated into the headlight and tail light assembly?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

US Forza has integrated turn signals, front and back.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

Well the dealer did not offer anything close to a reasonable amount for the bike I bought from him 3 weeks ago, so I didn't bother test riding anything today. I need to sell my other bike privately before I can do anything.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Shame nothing panned out for you at the dealer today. Trade-in $$$ are rarely what we expect, thus the disappointment. Don't let it burst your bubble! One of those two scoots will most likely fit your bill and Fun level. AFA selling your 700, why not start here by posting your bike under the "For Sale/Wanted" board (remember to sign in first). Think Craigslist as well, but be on guard with so-called interested parties, lots of pranksters out there (and then some :roll:). I've had my share but have also been successful selling on CL.
After reading your posts, I'm thinking that "Selling it" is your gut choice. The plan, Your plan is to enjoy Your ride! Big part is feeling safe. Good luck to ya :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

I picked up my 150 at the dealer last week for the 600 mile service (although it had 900 miles on it... what can I say? it was a nice weekend!), and spoke to my sales guy about the Forza. He received two – both were gone in a week with no update on more inventory. I said that'll probably be my next purchase in a few years, and he replied they will always be happy to work the trade-in. I don't know if all cycle dealers are like that or not, or what kind of deal I'd get, but it's nice to know that option will always be available when the time comes. I've not had the same luck with cars, though I usually run them into the ground first!
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I did it. I went back to the dealer and talked to my usual salesman. I was able to work out a deal on a new Forza. I will pick it up later today. I'm so glad to have a new bike that I will be comfortable riding.

Thanks to all of you for your helpful advice and comments. I'll post some pictures when I get it home later today.
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

Darth Emma wrote:I did it. I went back to the dealer and talked to my usual salesman. I was able to work out a deal on a new Forza. I will pick it up later today. I'm so glad to have a new bike that I will be comfortable riding.

Thanks to all of you for your helpful advice and comments. I'll post some pictures when I get it home later today.
Thats great you got the Forza
But you still have the 700? and possibly selling it?
Is it the auto version?
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Darth,

Congrats on your new Forza.

Did you test ride it?

Looking forward to your ride reports.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

chucktuna wrote:
Darth Emma wrote:I did it. I went back to the dealer and talked to my usual salesman. I was able to work out a deal on a new Forza. I will pick it up later today. I'm so glad to have a new bike that I will be comfortable riding.

Thats great you got the Forza
But you still have the 700? and possibly selling it?
Is it the auto version?

I traded the CTX700ND in on the Forza.

I only took a short ride on the Forza. They called and said I can pick it up tomorrow.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We bought our pcx150 in August of last year. I have a Burgman 400, so it was for my 5 foot wife. She goes where she wants on that little scooter. We keep talking about trading for a Forza if they ever get any here in Atlanta. However, I have to wonder what the difference will be when it comes to her comfort and safety. One problem we are having is that the PCX is getting slower on its top end, which is a problem since we do go on freeways...even though there MAY be a law against it. Otherwise we have it set up like she wants it, with the accessories she wants. I have to wonder if we would be able to set up the Forza the same way, considering there aren't that many accessories out there. Her BIGGEST problem is going to be her height, or lack there of. She wears 3 inch soled boots right now in order to touch the ground with both feet at a stop. We also bought a custom seat from powerbypcx that is lower. I am betting that we can not get the seat modified on the Forza to allow her to be able to touch the ground with both feet. Unless we can come up with a way for her to be able to do that we won't be able to think about getting the Forza. Aside from that, I think she is ready to move up to a bigger scooter. We looked a Kymco but they all have higher seats than the PCX. Any suggestions??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

Mel, has your wife sat on a Forza yet? I believe the Forza seat is a couple of inches lower than the PCX seat. Maybe she won't have an issue with it?

Don
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The Forza seat is definitely lower, but its also wider.
No reason why it couldn't be customised as per your PCX.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:The Forza seat is definitely lower, but its also wider.
No reason why it couldn't be customised as per your PCX.
Yep....even being wider though, my 5'2" Wife can plant Her feet on the ground much easier on Her Forza than on Her PCX....She likes the lighter weight of the PCX in parking lot situations, as expected, but much prefers riding the Forza..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I preferred the PCX in town, but most of my riding isn't in town so the Forza suits me far better.
Its booked for the 600 mile service on Friday so maybe it'll suit me even better after that...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We haven't even gotten an acknowledgement from the dealers that they are expecting any Forzas. In fact, my regular dealer didn't know what I was talking about! Come on dealers! If you want to sell to people then know your stuff. We were able to find one dealer recently who said that he expects one some time in October. I guess we will be checking back with them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Mel46 wrote:We haven't even gotten an acknowledgement from the dealers that they are expecting any Forzas. In fact, my regular dealer didn't know what I was talking about! Come on dealers! If you want to sell to people then know your stuff. We were able to find one dealer recently who said that he expects one some time in October. I guess we will be checking back with them.
If it's anything like the Dealerships around here, Ya'll better be there on arrival day....None have stayed at any of the Dealers here in a 50 mile radius for even a full day.....most were sold before being broken out of the Crate..... ;)