Honda NSS300 Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Honda NSS300 Forza

Post by blackcat54 »

I visited the Hicksville store, Champion Honda to see the Forza. They had a PCX and Forza side by side. Spent over an hour shooting the breeze about scooters and bikes with a salesmen named Drew Oprea.

I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. The PCX was way too small (toy like), the Forza felt just right. I would feel too vulnerable on the PCX here in NY with the type of dangerous, distracted, & rushed drivers that abound here.

I started window shopping bikes with a BMW R1200RT which I came to realize is way too big, heavy and expensive and just not suited for mixed local/distance use. Next, I came to the Burgman 650, again too big, and heavy. Next, the Burgman 400 caught my attention which still seemed big and heavy. My current infatuation is with the Forza. This beauty seems to have hit the sweet spot for a local runabout with long distance capability. People talk about hp, price, and weight in measuring the value of a scoot. To that equation, I would add the engineering that went into the Forza, an example would be the floating swingarm linkage. Design details like the floating linkage, to me make any price premium of the Honda well worth it.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Think of the A and the triple-eight.
ABS
80mpg
80mph
8000miles between services
Then have a look under the seat and in the fairing
Notice too the immobiliser and the premium brand tyres
Then take it for a test ride
And you should be convinced
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
NewToRiding

Post by NewToRiding »

Whitenoise...I found the salesman to lack information about the scooters in general. He told me the Forza will get close to 100 MPG. We all know what the answer is here on this site.
It is close to my house ( I am not that far from Nassau Coliseum) so that is where I will probably buy it.
Are you Nassau or Suffolk?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

blackcat54, do you think they'd let you test ride the Forza? Any idea of the out-the-door price?
NewToRiding, that would be Suffolk. Did you also speak to the same salesman? Drew?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

gn2 wrote:Think of the A and the triple-eight.
ABS
80mpg
80mph
gn2, If I could, I would highlight your post above. Succinct! Thanks for that :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

ABS
80mpg
80mph

Sorry if this is a noob-sounding question, but what is "the immobiliser"? Is that the chip in the key fob?
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

WhiteNoise wrote:blackcat54, do you think they'd let you test ride the Forza? Any idea of the out-the-door price?
NewToRiding, that would be Suffolk. Did you also speak to the same salesman? Drew?
Nobody I asked in the NYC/LI area offers test rides. I did speak with Drew. Nassau County.

I have no idea about price.
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

No immobiliser on US spec Forzas!

Yes it is a chip on the key.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Darth Emma wrote:
ABS
80mpg
80mph

Sorry if this is a noob-sounding question, but what is "the immobiliser"? Is that the chip in the key fob?
Sort of, its the system which detects the unique chipped key and will not start without it, Honda's version is called H.I.S.S.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

sendler2112 wrote:Honda changed the nose a bit from the 2007 Forza and increased the bore from 68mm to 72 among other updates. The "new" Forza seems more evolutionary than it is hyped as being all new.
I wondered where the seat and running boards came from which seem to be a step backwards for tall riders from the PCX. Maybe because the design actually preceded the PCX by many years.
http://world.honda.com/news/2007/207120 ... -Scooters/
Might want to "re-study" Your "Facts"......there isn't a single piece on the New Forza300 that interchanges with the Old Forza250.....Totally New Frame, Engine, Clutch/Drive Unit, Wheels/Tires, Shocks, Lights, Body Work, Seat, Handlebars, Controls, ECMs, Electrics, Forks, etc., etc., etc. .......... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

skuuter wrote:Facts
I guess what I was getting at was the ergonomics and the styling are the same back to 2007. Ultra low seat height with a pronounced butt plate and the extreme angle on the forward foot rest.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

skuuter wrote:Might want to "re-study" Your "Facts"......there isn't a single piece on the New Forza300 that interchanges with the Old Forza250.....Totally New Frame, Engine, Clutch/Drive Unit, Wheels/Tires, Shocks, Lights, Body Work, Seat, Handlebars, Controls, ECMs, Electrics, Forks, etc., etc., etc. .......... ;)
Mirrors and the rear tyre :ugeek:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:
sendler2112 wrote:Honda changed the nose a bit from the 2007 Forza and increased the bore from 68mm to 72 among other updates. The "new" Forza seems more evolutionary than it is hyped as being all new.
I wondered where the seat and running boards came from which seem to be a step backwards for tall riders from the PCX. Maybe because the design actually preceded the PCX by many years.
http://world.honda.com/news/2007/207120 ... -Scooters/
Might want to "re-study" Your "Facts"......there isn't a single piece on the New Forza300 that interchanges with the Old Forza250.....Totally New Frame, Engine, Clutch/Drive Unit, Wheels/Tires, Shocks, Lights, Body Work, Seat, Handlebars, Controls, ECMs, Electrics, Forks, etc., etc., etc. .......... ;)
There will be quite a few pieces that will interchange. Between the Forza and any other honda and between the Forza and most other bikes
delemus

Post by delemus »

dustin91 wrote:My dealer got in one regular and one ABS, and they were both out the door within a week. He told me he's been having issues with Honda not supplying them with enough product (don't know if PCX's are included), and that as slumped as business is for him, he'd be doing fine if he could get inventory on what he knows he could sell. I haven't even seen a Forza in person yet.
my dealer's been having that issue too, was just in there today to see what's happening with my order, and he told me that he's got one of the 250cc motorcycles that he's order 30 of this year...not that he wants 30, just that they keep not sending it, and he just got #3 delivered this month....and he'll be ordering 4 more this week for the ones they keep not sending >.<
there are, apparently, *NO* Forza ABS available anywhere in the northwest...might be able to get the regular model, but I have a nasty habit of locking my brakes, and don't want to find out what that means at 80mph >.>
so, basically, I have to wait until November because they're just not shipping them >.<

also, I asked if he needed my picture for his dartboard yet, he said not yet, maybe tomorrow :p
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

you you wrote:
skuuter wrote: ...there isn't a single piece on the New Forza300 that interchanges with the Old Forza250.....Totally New Frame, Engine, Clutch/Drive Unit, Wheels/Tires, Shocks, Lights, Body Work, Seat, Handlebars, Controls, ECMs, Electrics, Forks, etc., etc., etc. .......... ;)
There will be quite a few pieces that will interchange. Between the Forza and any other honda and between the Forza and most other bikes

...I guess I should have used the Term(s) "Major Components".......... :D
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I sat on an old Forza and then a brand new one and for my 6 3.5" frame the old forza was nice (2 inches from knees to dash) but the new Forza is for shorties (knees squashed up to dash). Also the old Forza seat was nice and soft and comfy. New forza was hard, but maybe they soften over time? Im definately not getting a Forza unless I can see anyone tall buying them and doing seat mods! I still love my PCX except for riding in todays 35mph crosswind commute.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I find the new Forza seat and riding position very comfortable, much more so than the PCX.
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

same here forza is way more comfy than the pcx for me,very pleased. and high winds don't bother it with its extra bulk
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:I find the new Forza seat and riding position very comfortable, much more so than the PCX.
Two spikes would be an indulgence
delemus

Post by delemus »

mine finally got here today, haven't gotten a chance to ride it much yet, don't think I've gone much over 50(if at all), but it's a lot easier to handle then I was afraid it was going to be(actually almost easier then the metro I replaced it with), heavier then I expected, and kinda clumsy in the parking lot, but it works beautifully on the road.
next task is to get a vinyl wrap for it, the red must be purged :D