Honda NSS300 Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Honda NSS300 Forza

Post by Darth Emma »

delemus wrote:mine finally got here today, haven't gotten a chance to ride it much yet, don't think I've gone much over 50(if at all), but it's a lot easier to handle then I was afraid it was going to be(actually almost easier then the metro I replaced it with), heavier then I expected, and kinda clumsy in the parking lot, but it works beautifully on the road.
next task is to get a vinyl wrap for it, the red must be purged :D

I thought it might be too heavy for me also, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it handles at low speeds. I was also moving up from a 50cc scooter (Ruckus). You'll get the hang of it.

I also don't care for the red. I was thinking of removing the red panels and having them painted. But, a vinyl wrap sounds like another good option. Please let us know if/where you find one. I might want to do that as well. Thanks.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
delemus

Post by delemus »

I'm having a local sign shop do the work, got an estimate yesterday, he said probably $250-300 for labor, and, if I remember right, about $150-200 for the vinyl, so $400-500 total. he said design work should take about a day, and installing the wrap would be 2 days.
I'm getting ultra blue on the top, with lightning, with a gradient, lighter in the front, darker in the back, and black carbon fiber on the bottom panel and front fender, which probably drives the price up a bit, cause carbon fiber isn't cheap, but it's should be tougher, and it should look awesome. :) all somewhat subject to change, since the design work isn't finished yet. will post pics when it's done.

I looked around online before I talked to him, and http://www.bikeskinz.com/ has some cool stuff too, but they want about $400 for the vinyl, and you'd have to install it yourself...also, it'd be kinda hard to get the physical bike to them if they need to take measurements or something.
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

delemus wrote:I'm having a local sign shop do the work, got an estimate yesterday, he said probably $250-300 for labor, and, if I remember right, about $150-200 for the vinyl, so $400-500 total. he said design work should take about a day, and installing the wrap would be 2 days.
I'm getting ultra blue on the top, with lightning, with a gradient, lighter in the front, darker in the back, and black carbon fiber on the bottom panel and front fender, which probably drives the price up a bit, cause carbon fiber isn't cheap, but it's should be tougher, and it should look awesome. :) all somewhat subject to change, since the design work isn't finished yet. will post pics when it's done.

I looked around online before I talked to him, and http://www.bikeskinz.com/ has some cool stuff too, but they want about $400 for the vinyl, and you'd have to install it yourself...also, it'd be kinda hard to get the physical bike to them if they need to take measurements or something.

Thanks for the info.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

delemus wrote:I'm having a local sign shop do the work, got an estimate yesterday, he said probably $250-300 for labor, and, if I remember right, about $150-200 for the vinyl, so $400-500 total. he said design work should take about a day, and installing the wrap would be 2 days.

Can't you get it sprayed for that price?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Sounds quite expensive for vinyl. You could wrap a car for that.
delemus

Post by delemus »

you you wrote:

Can't you get it sprayed for that price?
for $500? probably, yes, I haven't really looked for a place to paint it, but when I asked my dealer for an estimate, he said it'd probably cost about $500 to get it professionally painted, pretty sure it would cost a lot more for the custom job I'm getting for the vinyl though, so that's just for the color change, also, carbon fiber is not cheap, it adds $50-$100 or so to the bill all by itself, even with the little bit I'm using.
bikeskinz are definitely expensive though, their estimate for having it professionally installed was $350-700, so for the same job, they'd want $750-$1100.
if I were confidant I could install it myself without damaging anything, and had the tools, it'd probably be more like $200 for the job, probably less if I dropped the carbon fiber, but I'm not, and I don't, so I might as well let the professionals do it for me :)
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Why not try it your self, here's someone who did

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/s ... ight=vinyl
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Fake carbon. Blech

Formica for bikes
delemus

Post by delemus »

DAB wrote:Why not try it your self, here's someone who did

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/s ... ight=vinyl
actually, that would likely be my recommendation for most people, at least for the labor, but this is my only vehicle, and I've never done anything of the kind before, have no tools to do the work with, and don't really have anyone to help me do it, I have no idea how long it would take me to do it by myself, or even if I could do it myself, if I take it to the sign shop to have him do it, it should be finished over a weekend...not likely this one, since I haven't gotten back to the guy yet with the reference pictures for the design work...>.>

also, the stated reason on that link is pretty much the same one that I want carbon fiber on those bottom panels, paint will chip and scratch, vinyl shouldn't, or at least, not as easily, and carbon fiber should be tougher then regular vinyl.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

delemus wrote:vinyl shouldn't, or at least, not as easily, and carbon fiber should be tougher then regular vinyl.
Not sure what you are saying? I believe that Carbon fibre Vinyl is just a carbon effect, not actual carbon.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DAB wrote:
delemus wrote:vinyl shouldn't, or at least, not as easily, and carbon fiber should be tougher then regular vinyl.
Not sure what you are saying? I believe that Carbon fibre Vinyl is just a carbon effect, not actual carbon.

It is. It's just a pattern.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Gave it another go! I called Riverhead Honda dealership yesterday. Gent answers, & I ask "any Forza's in stock?" Answer comes back as, "yes, we have one in a crate that is being shown to a couple outside Right now." He adds, "Let me have your number and I'll have the salesman call you when he's done." (I'm thinking...HaHa, I won't get a call back, that bike Will Be Sold). Anyway I give him my number and then ask "can you tell me what color it is?" Helpful answer is..... "No idea, I'll have him call you." He was very pleasant overall. BY THE WAY....No call back :( Meant to be as they say. No rush, just want to get the Forza in or out of my thoughts. Sitting on it would be a 1st step, perhaps a testing if that's allowed. In a crate? Neither will happen. :|

Here's a question, are white fairings available to purchase if one wants to replace the Forza's black or red's panels (like the PCX tupperware is)? If so, Would it be crazy costly to do that? They really should bring White to the States. All those in favor, say Aye! :P 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

Too much money, get it custom painted
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

trigg123 wrote:Too much money, get it custom painted

I agree. It wouldn't fall off and you could polish it
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

a 200cc burgmann would sell its ass off...its about time america caught up with the rest of the world in the scooter area...200 cc would be freeway legal, would reach highway speeds, and still have decent MPG..the forza is nice, I have one but its a tank. over 100 pounds heavier than the pcx 150...the 150 seems to be a interim bike...just not enough balls to get up step hills with decent speed. great down hills. the forza is really a motorcycle with a small motor. but it gets me up hills at 70 mph...unfortunately at 56 mpg at best.. sym and kymco are here in California but in limited quantities...but all scoots are limited here...why? because dealers have their heads up their asses.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MORON wrote:a 200cc burgmann would sell its ass off...its about time america caught up with the rest of the world in the scooter area...200 cc would be freeway legal, would reach highway speeds, and still have decent MPG..the forza is nice, I have one but its a tank. over 100 pounds heavier than the pcx 150...the 150 seems to be a interim bike...just not enough balls to get up step hills with decent speed. great down hills. the forza is really a motorcycle with a small motor. but it gets me up hills at 70 mph...unfortunately at 56 mpg at best.. sym and kymco are here in California but in limited quantities...but all scoots are limited here...why? because dealers have their heads up their asses.

56 mpg out of a scooter would soon p155 me off
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Short measures though.
Forza will easily do 80 real mpg.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

I caught a 40 foot marilin once...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:I caught a 40 foot marilin once...

80ft for me. The one that got away though was....

(Not a marilin) :D
delemus

Post by delemus »

DAB wrote:
alright,finally got back to the sign shop this week, planning to get it installed next week.
and, yes, you are correct, it is just a pattern, however, the vinyl is thicker, so it should still be tougher then doing it with the same vinyl he's using for the rest of the bike.

final estimate is $500-600, in two payments, pretty sure to get the same thing painted anything like decently it'd cost closer to $6k
attaching the mock up we hammered out earlier this week, mind this is a low quality mock up, not a final product, the real thing should be much better :D
Attachments
Pettibone 111813.jpg
Pettibone 111813.jpg (357.55 KiB) Viewed 1318 times