2017 Model Forza, Will it exist in the USA ???

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Sandokan
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: 2017 Model Forza, Will it exist in the USA ???

Post by Sandokan »

One of the reasons is to following the new EURO 4 fuel standards,which is maybe non-profitable to do it.
Second reason...made a a completely new model of scooter of 300 cc or send a Forza to a histora.
The time will tell...lets see !
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

"Forza was plagued with reliability issues"......really?...I dont recognise this comment on my Forza...now at 11000mls over 2.2 yrs...sure the fuel pump had a recall and the torque on the fuel line.(shouldnt happen I know but whats the big deal about that?)...apart from those two issues my 2014 Forza NSS300 has run like a bird with no reliability issues ..never a hiccup and ridden all over Scotland/Ireland and North England....averaging over 90MPG UK gallons...all the speed and acceleration I need...comfortable...good storage...great handling...great brakes ... and if I can self service it anyone can.....and I find the weight an advantage compared with my previous 125 SWing as it sits the road better..and the SWing was a great bike.
I make this post as an attempt to give some balance to negative comments....but I appreciate the experience of others may differ.
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

Couldnt agree more !!! :D
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

Out of production...? Get out of here! No way! That's a Harakiri for Honda! No import in some countries on the other hand, YES WAY! Honda does not rely on all markets... In 2013 (12 months), NSS300A sold more units in Asia than the next 33 months did in the rest of the continents!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I can't see it passing Euro4. I spill gas on the ground almost every time I put gas in the tank. The Canadian fuel pumps make it hard to get a full fuel fill and then it overflows.

And mine drips oil from the crappy water pump. I am waiting for a recall as it is cheaper just to buy more oil than it is to fix it. Honda, I am waiting!!!
Sandokan

Re: ...

Post by Sandokan »

DioTiAma wrote:Out of production...? Get out of here! No way! That's a Harakiri for Honda! No import in some countries on the other hand, YES WAY! Honda does not rely on all markets... In 2013 (12 months), NSS300A sold more units in Asia than the next 33 months did in the rest of the continents!
Probably they sell plenty Forza's in Asia,like you said...but they sell PCX much more than Forza's,what is more profitable for Honda.
In the country of origin of Forza,Thailand,is very,very difficult,almost impossible,to find any accesories or any not-OEM parts,which belongs
to Forza and in the other hand,for PCX,you have it on every small motorbike shop near the road...enough to say !!!
Bigboss242

Post by Bigboss242 »

Maybe that's why it's getting discontinued. Five recalls might shelve the entire brand maybe they will bring back the reflex branding. Also I heard they did a recall for the pilot that holds the seat up wasn't working never got that recall in the states. What a disaster.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I've just got the pcx top box mount recall that I'm sure was a while ago on the states
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

davenowherejones wrote:I can't see it passing Euro4. I spill gas on the ground almost every time I put gas in the tank. The Canadian fuel pumps make it hard to get a full fuel fill and then it overflows.

And mine drips oil from the crappy water pump. I am waiting for a recall as it is cheaper just to buy more oil than it is to fix it. Honda, I am waiting!!!
Some people just WANT to be unhappy. You spilling gas because of bad fueling technique has NOTHING to do with Euro 4 standards, the fact that you think it would not pass an emissions test because of your poor fueling technique to emissions tells me a lot. If you are blaming the Canadian fuel pumps not shutting off correctly, this relates to European standards in what way ? You seriously think Europeans standards would have anything to do with how Canadian gas pumps work ??? Also, if you are sitting there waiting for the fuel pump to automatically shut off, and spilling gas, that is just inexcusable, poor performance, and you probably should not be driving any kind of motorcycle or scooter. I performed better than that when I got my first bike at 10 years old.

Drips oil, Given your comment above, I would be willing to bet it is MINIMAL, and not enough to ever have to " buy more oil ". If it did bug me that much, I would just fix it myself. But its probably just a drop once in a while, which I would not waste any time or effort on. Most Forza owners are VERY HAPPY with the scooter, how it handles, comfort, and dead reliable, that is what is important to me. I could care less about some small issues that are so easily fixed. Try a badly designed, bad handling, vibrating, problematic scooter with design issues that can never be fixed, then you will REALLY have something to be unhappy about.

The only thing I am unhappy about it that it appears that the Forza 300 could very well be canceled, guess I will be getting a 2016 before they are gone :D

Mike
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Some harsh feedback comments to several posts - remember, keep it friendly and stop being rude in replies. I posted I thought it had a bad track record because of reading umpteen problems with recalls or faulty bits n pieces - pumps, seals, rear brake wearing out real quick, etc, but maybe that's certain models. If it's true it's had 5 recalls then that is very poor.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Everyone entitled to their opinion ...of course...a concern is that visitors to this forum could be reading comments which if all "one sided" need balanced inputs or they will only get one side of the view...and possibly (wrongly?) put them off the Forza NS300...One of the problems with forum posts is that those with complaints and negative views may be driven to post more easily/regularly than those finding a product is good. That is not a complaint about those posting about bad experiences which they should do but balanced comments are necessary.
Posts drawing conclusions like "plagued with reliability issues" are better made from personal experiences and not from reading other posts.
I "suspect" that most Forza owners have not experienced many reliability issues ( other than the two recalls which are hardly a plague) and are very happy with the Forza ...as I am....and I intend no upset or rudeness with my inputs. The Forza is a really marvellous bike .IMO.
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by Embattle »

you you wrote:I've just got the pcx top box mount recall that I'm sure was a while ago on the states

Got the recall myself today, not that I have the official honda top any way.
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

dergav wrote:Everyone entitled to their opinion ...of course...a concern is that visitors to this forum could be reading comments which if all "one sided" need balanced inputs or they will only get one side of the view...and possibly (wrongly?) put them off the Forza NS300...One of the problems with forum posts is that those with complaints and negative views may be driven to post more easily/regularly than those finding a product is good. That is not a complaint about those posting about bad experiences which they should do but balanced comments are necessary.
Posts drawing conclusions like "plagued with reliability issues" are better made from personal experiences and not from reading other posts.
I "suspect" that most Forza owners have not experienced many reliability issues ( other than the two recalls which are hardly a plague) and are very happy with the Forza ...as I am....and I intend no upset or rudeness with my inputs. The Forza is a really marvellous bike .IMO.
Totally agree with dergav
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

My Forza has had plenty issues, I will never buy another Thai built Honda.
But that's just one out of hundreds, most of them don't do 10000 miles a year in all weathers and live outside in a harsh environment.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

My 2015 has ZERO recalls
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My spilling of the fuel is due to the very high pressure I sometimes find on our local pumps. It varies a lot. Some days the pressure is so high that it is almost impossible to fill the small Forza tank. Our pumps are set up to fill 80 litre pickup truck tanks in a hurry. The nozzles fit into the pipes of the tank with room for a shutoff to work. The Forza tank is so small that Canadian pump nozzles shut off with a huge force and a slight overfill.

On other days it is no problem.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

gn2 wrote:My Forza has had plenty issues, I will never buy another Thai built Honda.
But that's just one out of hundreds, most of them don't do 10000 miles a year in all weathers and live outside in a harsh environment.
I have TWO Honda Motorcycles that were produced in Thailand, and they are amazing. The CB500 series built in Thailand has sold a huge number of bikes, gets really good reviews, great handling, and has a reputation for being incredibly reliable. I have had nothing short of perfection from them so far. This implication that bikes built in Thailand are problematic, and poor quality could not be more inaccurate.

If I left them, or any motorcycle out in the rain and weather for a few years, I would EXPECT to have problems with them... Why do you leave yours outside, instead of parking it in your living room, where it belongs :D

10,000 miles a year, that actually sounds like fun !!! I wish I got to ride that much.

Mike
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My Forza was one of the very first ones built I suspect. Vin ends in 000098. It was dropped in a parking lot and written off by the insurance over the plastics damages. I technically bought it as a "Wreck" from a back yard re-builder.

I really like riding the Forza. I did 20,000 kilometers last year. 12,000 miles of mostly fun interupted by some frequent mechanical work. I am on my third rear tire already.

Too much typing, not enough riding, gotta go riding and leave this bs behind.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The question is "Will it exist in the USA". Almost all the comments are from non-Americans, including me.

Do you Americans still have those awful vapour recovery fuel pump hoses?

Can you pump your own gas in Oregon yet?

Do Americans actually buy any Forza's?
(Mine is the only one I have ever seen in BC, Canada)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

JetPilot wrote:The CB500 series built in Thailand has sold a huge number of bikes, gets really good reviews, great handling, and has a reputation for being incredibly reliable.
Early ones had problems with the cylinder head not being assembled properly and also with very high oil consumption.
As with all things it pays not to be an early adopter.
Both my Thai Hondas were bought within months of their release.....
I really like the CB500 but my head just won't let me buy one.

My Forza has done 32000 miles nearly all on the same stretch of road to and from work.
In three years I have taken it for just two leisure rides totalling less than 500 miles.
So possibly not quirte as much fun as you envisaged.

Curiously when I ordered a replacement fork seal recently the order was cancelled by the very reputable parts supplier who e-mailed me to say the part was obsoleted and no longer available.
Just as well my improvised seal mate managed to sort it enough to get through the annual MoT safety check.....
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong