Submarine Work

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dufus
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Submarine Work

Post by Dufus »

New Forza 300 owner here. Bought a used one yesterday in Indiana and rode it home through several heavy storms.
Pros: Sticks to the road amazingly well, even when suddenly finding myself in 2 feet of water running across the road and soaking my jeans up to my knees even though I was wearing rain pants fastened firmly at the ankle over them. The bike never hesitated! I didn't know Honda equipped its scooters with snorkels! Love the handling and the amazingly smooth engine! Love the ABS! Love the dry storage area under the seat and still don't know how it stayed that way. Love the great mileage!
Cons: Can't see a straight road behind me with either mirror. Glad I have biceps when riding at 110 kph -- the tiny windscreen protect only my stomach. (Ordered a Givi tall when I got home, as I was tired of feeling like a recumbent version of Rollie Free.)
Question: Does anyone make a stem adapter to raise those mirrors, and if so, where do I buy them? Or a mirror set for the bike that works for tall people? (I'm not a machinist.) Thanks for any suggestions...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Submarine Work

Post by gn2 »

You can get mirror extenders or just swap for the mirrors from a CB500F
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Dufus

Post by Dufus »

gn2 wrote:You can get mirror extenders or just swap for the mirrors from a CB500F
Thank you! Am I gathering correctly from other posts that I need left-handed threading on both sides?
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

Be very careful when riding through deep water as the air intake for the air filter/engine is quite low down (at the front of the belt cover)
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

Dufus wrote:Thank you! Am I gathering correctly from other posts that I need left-handed threading on both sides?
I simply ordered a pair of CB500X mirrors and they went right on. One is normal threading, the other reverse.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
Road-Dog
Year: 2015

Post by Road-Dog »

I made my own mirror extenders by cutting the steel mirror pipes, adding 6" aluminum ID 3/8" pipe, apply epoxy and paint it black. cost me 1 hour labor and $8.00 USC.
Attachments
DSC01342.JPG
DSC01342.JPG (416.15 KiB) Viewed 887 times