Mail order keys???

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Mail order keys???

Post by davenowherejones »

Does anyone know where I can order some Honda Forza magnetically coded key blanks?

I got one out of China a few years ago but can't get more from that source.

I got a non-magnetic key cut yesterday. The locksmith had to modify the key so that it had enough clearance to go all the way in the key hole.

The reason I wanted another key is that I could not find my usual set of riding keys. My Olympia neon riding gear has too many pockets. Rain layer pants have 4 pockets, main pants have 4 pockets, jacket thermal layer 1 pocket, jacket rain layer 2 pockets, main jacket 10 pockets. Jeans have 5 pockets. Some shirts have 2 pockets. Gloves 1 pocket.

AND the FLEECE VEST has TWO POCKETS which I FINALLY CHECKED after 4 HOURS and $15 for NEW KEYS requiring a 120 KM RIDE!!!

Dementia is starting to set in more determinedly. I have had too many industrial and sports injuries to the head. At 58 too many medical issues. Too many self-inflicted drug and alcohol issues.

I also need keys for my Givi Maxi 55 top case. My Honda dealer has tried to order this square internally cut key a few times. They have received the wrong blank a few times. Givi Canada say to use a dealer. I might have to send a strongly worded message to Givi.

3.7 degrees C, blue skies and I hope my cell phone stays quiet. Let's ride!!!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Mail order keys???

Post by easyrider »

I only have one magnetic key.. (Keep it locked away). I just use the cut keys without the damn lock. I never lock the ignition anyway.. Waste of time.. If they want they will get it.. You probably need to get to the ignition switch and get the exact number off the cylinder and have Honda send you another or find a dealer that can duplicate it.. I think its a send away.. Just use the cut keys and don't worry.. besides it just may turn up someday..
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I think Honda's policy on Forza keys is that you have to buy a new lock set and new keys.

I never use the ignition lock but some asshole did shut it one day while I was in a store. I put silicone today in the mechanism to shut the key cover so that it cannot be used.

I found my keys. I have about 27 pockets when I am riding. Way too many.

A spare magnetic key is still desired. I have also worn out one of my cut keys after about 50,000 km.

I guess I have to cruise eBay again.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

davenowherejones wrote:I think Honda's policy on Forza keys is that you have to buy a new lock set and new keys.
Sadly, this is also Givi’s policy. It does no good whatsoever to have the original key’s number. Want a replacement, they’re more than willing to sell you a set of cylinders and keys for however many bags you have (for me, at the time, it was 5), but forget getting a replacement key out of them.

:|

Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
sgalper
Color: Red

Post by sgalper »

If you have one good key, or the number off of a good key, you do NOT need to buy a new lock set. Your dealer can order a replacement key. Replacing the ignition lock is a big deal, involves significant disassembly and reassembly. My dealer originally told me that I need a new lock set but when it arrived and the mechanic saw how much work was involved, they dug a bit deeper and found that they could order a replacement key. It cost about $15.00.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

What dealership ? which one got it for you..