2017 Forza on order.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: 2017 Forza on order.

Post by gn2 »

glencoeman wrote:It will most likely use parts made in Taiwan or China but most bikes do nowadays.
But despite any cut-price parts sourcing it will be hideously expensive if the C series scooters are anything to go by.
The BMW back to front 310 bikes are built in India from parts manufactured who knows where...
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

Actually, I have a BMW G310R and I can honestly say that the quality is no worse than the Berlin built BMW bikes. The G310R uses parts from China (ABS unit for example) as does BMW for their bigger bikes. If someone had said 20 years ago that the build quality of a bike built in Malaysia (like the Forza) would be as good as one built in Japan, people would have scoffed. The truth is that the world is changing and manufacturing quality has improved dramatically all over the world but especially in China and India. Sarcastic comments about bikes being made in China and India remind me of the similar situation in the 1960's and early 1970's (which I am old enough to remember!) when British bike owners scoffed at Japanese bikes. Well, we all know what happened to the British bike industry - there has been much written about its downfall. It has taken nearly 50 years to recover with Triumph leading the charge and to a lesser extent, Norton.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Scooter Stu. wrote:Already have it WhiteNoise, absolutely loving it but only time will tell, top machine though.
Ah, good for you! What color(s) did you get, I don't think you mentioned that :roll:
I hope you Love your new wheels! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

glencoeman wrote:Actually, I have a BMW G310R and I can honestly say that the quality is no worse than the Berlin built BMW bikes. The G310R uses parts from China (ABS unit for example) as does BMW for their bigger bikes. If someone had said 20 years ago that the build quality of a bike built in Malaysia (like the Forza) would be as good as one built in Japan, people would have scoffed. The truth is that the world is changing and manufacturing quality has improved dramatically all over the world but especially in China and India. Sarcastic comments about bikes being made in China and India remind me of the similar situation in the 1960's and early 1970's (which I am old enough to remember!) when British bike owners scoffed at Japanese bikes. Well, we all know what happened to the British bike industry - there has been much written about its downfall. It has taken nearly 50 years to recover with Triumph leading the charge and to a lesser extent, Norton.

I’ve been humming and ha’ing about a Commando 961 sport....
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

you you wrote:
glencoeman wrote:Actually, I have a BMW G310R and I can honestly say that the quality is no worse than the Berlin built BMW bikes. The G310R uses parts from China (ABS unit for example) as does BMW for their bigger bikes. If someone had said 20 years ago that the build quality of a bike built in Malaysia (like the Forza) would be as good as one built in Japan, people would have scoffed. The truth is that the world is changing and manufacturing quality has improved dramatically all over the world but especially in China and India. Sarcastic comments about bikes being made in China and India remind me of the similar situation in the 1960's and early 1970's (which I am old enough to remember!) when British bike owners scoffed at Japanese bikes. Well, we all know what happened to the British bike industry - there has been much written about its downfall. It has taken nearly 50 years to recover with Triumph leading the charge and to a lesser extent, Norton.

I’ve been humming and ha’ing about a Commando 961 sport....
I know two people (local to me ) who have just ordered new ones. There is a special offer at the moment (anniversary model) where you get nearly £6k worth of accessories free.
Scooter Stu.
Year: 2016
Color: Pearl White

Post by Scooter Stu. »

Hi Whitenoise, obviously I went with the fastest (and most handsome) colour of Blue and white and I love it so far, very fast and very comfortable too.
Keeping it real - like Ian Beale!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Enough of this nonsense. Can a moderator rename this thread to Forza 125?

I have given up on an updated Forza 300.