Loiterer at the coffee shop...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Loiterer at the coffee shop...

Post by fish »

fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Loiterer at the coffee shop...

Post by Mel46 »

It is always nice to see that little scoot. it is quite cute. Very photogenic.
No windscreen? In Ohio??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Such a cool little thing, really like that two-tone paint.
Sym do a similar one, the Fiddle III which comes in various sizes from 50-200 and in different colours, I like the two tone red and white one.

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:It is always nice to see that little scoot. it is quite cute. Very photogenic.
No windscreen? In Ohio??
Have ridden at 3 degrees Fahrenheit to work.
Dislike screens.
Layer up - rain over-pants, battery gloves, balaclava, full face helmet, and the best $$ ever spent on this over-jacket
http://www.occunomix.com/products/winte ... omber.html

That jacket stops the rain and AIR....and keeps me very comfortable when used as the top layer.
A side note - this scooter keeps itself very clean. Front fender is more than decoration - under panels keep the engine area clean, good rear fender hugger keeps things tidy back there (Burgman is pitiful in this area)
Cons: only an small-framed Asian can & do enjoy the stock seat. I spent 2 days rebuilding mine. Probably at a 34-35" seat height now. Suits my 6'3" frame just fine.

Fish
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

fish wrote:Cons: only an small-framed Asian can & do enjoy the stock seat. I spent 2 days rebuilding mine. Probably at a 34-35" seat height now. Suits my 6'3" frame just fine.

Fish
I found that when I test rode my neighbours Kymco Like. I basically had to sit on the back part of the seat.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Ok but what is the scooter?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

davenowherejones wrote:Ok but what is the scooter?
A gorgeous Kymco Like 200.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

That is a beautiful scoot. I see your seat mods now that you mention it. They look good AND useful.

Glad to see Spring finally arriving up there in the Buckeye. Most excellent scooter riding in the US, at least for six months out of the year anyway.

Enjoy -- wish I were there.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:Such a cool little thing, really like that two-tone paint.
Sym do a similar one, the Fiddle III which comes in various sizes from 50-200 and in different colours, I like the two tone red and white one.
Thanks gn,
The LIKE has been around since @2012 - but many of us owners of the LIKE200i are looking forward to the new 2017 model. Previous engines were 2 & 4 stroke 50's, a 125 and the 163cc "200i". The new iteration will offer a couple of engine sizes again, combined braking - interactive instrument panel, and sleek new lines and lighting. (No apologies to Vespa.)
The original was drawn by an Italian house - the origin of the 2017 model is as yet unknown to me.
I really like this new model. Will have to see if American dealers will take it - surely they have a number of left-overs to get rid of first?
Here's a quick look at the new model...
https://youtu.be/w35xI8jPXac?t=6

Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I like the fact that you don't have to put your feet flat on the floor on that new Like. I just could not get use to the flat footed position. That is the great advantage of the PCX. For just zipping around town, a little scooter is ideal. You can go to the store, load up on groceries, and off you go. Fish, you have the right idea by putting that tail box on. The bigger the box, the more groceries you can carry. ...and then there are those who live in 3rd world countries. No box means more family members can fit on it at the same time. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Mel46 wrote:I like the fact that you don't have to put your feet flat on the floor on that new Like. I just could not get use to the flat footed position. That is the great advantage of the PCX. For just zipping around town, a little scooter is ideal. You can go to the store, load up on groceries, and off you go. Fish, you have the right idea by putting that tail box on. The bigger the box, the more groceries you can carry. ...and then there are those who live in 3rd world countries. No box means more family members can fit on it at the same time. :-)
In Australia the top box on the Like is complimentary. And I swear that new model appears to have knee shaped cutouts in the handlebar bezel. :lol: