Last time I do THAT

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Last time I do THAT

Post by Scottish »

I have to park my bike on the street and usually I always put the centre stand up and the cover on and a thick chain thru the front wheel etc.....however, as I was going to go for a spin a bit later I decided to only put the side stand down and steering lock on.....the price for my cheek? the bike had been tipped over onto its side....some faring damage, will have to inspect tomorrow when its light.
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Last time I do THAT

Post by Esdain »

sounds like the same thing that happened to mine, except the footers lifted mine and carried to the end of my road and then dumped it down when they got busted by my neighbour, was a good job i didn't catch them, slight damage which has since been repaired
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Bastards. If they cant afford it themselves they have to fuck somebody elses up. Good job the fairings are quite cheap and easily replaceable. Maddie will be able to help you if your not sure how to get them off.
You can get parts here:
http://www.hondapartsnation.com/
Not sure how much they charge for postage to UK though. There must be a UK equivalent of that site somewhere.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
rainburg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rainburg »

I hope that the damage is very minor; post a few photos if you get the chance. It makes me think that I should probably always use the center stand when I'm out running errands. Luckily it is really easy to use the center stand on this bike.
2011 Honda PCX, 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400
2 Honda Civics, 5 bicycles and 1 more on order
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Glad there is not much damage. I usually use the side stand just for brief stops as like has been said it is very easy to use centre stand. This was important when I got the bike due to my smashed elbow being a bit weak

Sent using Tapatalk
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

could have been worse I suppose but still bad enough....

Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

gutted for ya mate
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

just noticed you have the same chain lock as me :lol: good old aldi.
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

Some good stuff in Aldi ;)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

We have Aldi over here in the states, but it isn't nearly as awesome as it is over in the UK.

Sucks about the fairings. :( Are you going to try to have insurance cover it?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Weve had a few best buys open here recently, but its shit here and theres rumors its gonna shut down soon.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

True the Best Buys here cant match those over in the states.

Sent using Tapatalk
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

maddiedog wrote:We have Aldi over here in the states, but it isn't nearly as awesome as it is over in the UK.

Sucks about the fairings. :( Are you going to try to have insurance cover it?
Aparently 3rd party fire and theft doesnt cover it, looks like i'm stuck with it :( If i can get the front fairing popped back in properly then it wont be too bad, just the scratches left.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Best not make a claim or you may pay over the odds at renewal. Probably get replacement panels for lower than the ins excess me thinks

Sent using Tapatalk
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

Well it happened again, this time my bike looks fucked quite frankly, exhaust cover completely broken off, both sides of the front badly cracked, right wing mirror flopping about, fuel leaking, back tyre almost flat.

I dont know if it was the wind or if someone pushed it, all i know is i got home last night to find it lying on its side and then again this morning....could have been the wind but why would the back tyre be almost flat?
Anyway its going to cost some to fix by the looks of things, it does start but doesnt sound too healthy.

Starting to think i should have got a car :(
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

sorry to hear that scottish,to me sounds deliberate :cry: :cry:
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

mine was kicked over again over xmas but i suspect i know who it was, gf has a jealous stalker and there is a good chance it was him, no additional damage caused to mine except he keyed one side too. he better hope i never catch him, sorry to hear about you bike man, it sucks that there are some asshats in the world
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

that really sucks man. Feeling for you. Is this a big problem in the UK? (people pushing scooters on their sides) Does it happen with shiftys too? Sounds like I read about it happen in the UK a lot here and on other forums. Just seems to me like they don't get shoved on their sides out of pure vandalism nearly as often here.... but they do get backed into by cars in Los Angeles quite often =]
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

I dont know man, maybe here it is in the gorbals Glasgow...It definitely was pushed over the first time, last night and this morning I'm not so sure, it was very windy last night and the cover on the bike can act as a sail effectively, what i dont get is the back tyre being almost flat, I forgot to check if the valve cap was missing which I'll check tomorrow, if it is then obviously somebody is to blame. :(
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Good motorbike stuff in Lidl too sometimes.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//lid ... 28923&ar2=
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong