DO NOT BUY FROM YUMINASHI

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jpanem
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: black

DO NOT BUY FROM YUMINASHI

Post by jpanem »

DO NOT BUY FROM Yuminashi!!!!

They will give you BBK kits with missing head gaskets, Parts that have not been check before leaving their shop. like giving you 2 intake rocker arms instead of 1 intake and 1 exhaust rocker arm and no tappet screws.

ordering from them and taking 3 months to receive your parts and still have missing/incorrect parts. Then email them about the missing/incorrect parts and gets one reply saying they'll ship it out that day and will send me the tracking info.... no Tracking info. Its been like 4 weeks and still no update on where my parts is.

Customer Service from Mueanfan and Reggy Bodden ... Actually there is no customer service because I haven't gotten an update about my missing parts or incorrect parts that was sent to me ever since I've emailed both of them multiple times to see if I can get shipped to with the tracking number.

Now I'm stuck with a BBK and rocker arms I can't use.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: DO NOT BUY FROM YUMINASHI

Post by Mel46 »

They have been like that for as long as I have been on this forum. They are either great, or they are really disorganized. Here is one of the more recent lnks concerning them.
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... =Yuminashi
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
jpanem

Post by jpanem »

I tried to give em a chance but they failed me pretty badly. They are not up to par with there mission statement.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I believe Takegawa has a 170cc big bore kit for the PCX. Some members have used those instead of the one you purchased. I had considered a bbk once, and I was looking at the Takegawa. Very good kit.

Right now about all you can do is keep bugging them. Someone will eventually answer...and will hopefully get the correct parts to you. Until then your hands are tied.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

jpanem wrote: They will give you BBK kits with missing head gaskets, Parts that have not been check before leaving their shop. like giving you 2 intake rocker arms instead of 1 intake and 1 exhaust rocker arm and no tappet screws.
Sorry to hear your misfortune with Yuminashi / Reggy Bodden.
They seem to live a bit more relaxed life over there in Thailand, and others (including myself) had problems with them before too.

On your specific parts.
What have you ordered? The BBk is for the stock 150 head, or the 125 head?
My head gasket was mixed up (got a 125 gasket with a 150 BBK) which is not clearing the water holes. BTW my head gasket was packed between two carton paper sheets, and could not find it at first.

Also they provide two intake rocker arms, as they allow slightly higher valve opening and it is safe to use them on the exhaust for a bit more performance. It's kinda tuners secret.
As far I understand tappet screws were never part of the package, you can easily reuse your existing ones, or order a set from your preferred online store (e.g. partzilla) for peanuts.

I paid through PayPal, and buyer protection would actually help in these kind of questions. Start the reclaim process through paypal and they'll start to respond.
jpanem

Post by jpanem »

So I posted this on FB pages and I started the claim process in paypal and Reggy actually like flip out on me saying I'm a scammer because I wanted a full refund. Then he puts out my shipping info on my FB thread because he say I say to put stuff out there on public, so he put my shipping info out in public too.

I made the claim to get their attention and it work. So they're finally shipping me my parts and will drop my claim if everything is correct.
Oyabun wrote:
jpanem wrote: They will give you BBK kits with missing head gaskets, Parts that have not been check before leaving their shop. like giving you 2 intake rocker arms instead of 1 intake and 1 exhaust rocker arm and no tappet screws.
Sorry to hear your misfortune with Yuminashi / Reggy Bodden.
They seem to live a bit more relaxed life over there in Thailand, and others (including myself) had problems with them before too.

On your specific parts.
What have you ordered? The BBk is for the stock 150 head, or the 125 head?
My head gasket was mixed up (got a 125 gasket with a 150 BBK) which is not clearing the water holes. BTW my head gasket was packed between two carton paper sheets, and could not find it at first.

Also they provide two intake rocker arms, as they allow slightly higher valve opening and it is safe to use them on the exhaust for a bit more performance. It's kinda tuners secret.
As far I understand tappet screws were never part of the package, you can easily reuse your existing ones, or order a set from your preferred online store (e.g. partzilla) for peanuts.

I paid through PayPal, and buyer protection would actually help in these kind of questions. Start the reclaim process through paypal and they'll start to respond.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Since I membered this forum years ago this is still good advice.
jpanem

Post by jpanem »

homie wrote:Since I membered this forum years ago this is still good advice.
I had to give the company a try but I guess my experience is the same with others in the past. I thought they'd be a better company now.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Sorry to read about your parts problems. You aren't alone though. It's happened to most of us at one time or another. . .it just plain rots. :x

Reminds me of a car stereo installation I had done years ago. A Blaupunkt too!

I tried to give a new business a break instead of having the work done somewhere else (or do it myself) and they tried to screw me. Caught them in the act. :o

Instead of getting Blaupunkt speakers installed all-around they tried to put two generic speakers up under the dash where they thought I wouldn't see them and keep the good ones for themselves. The owner of the business tried to blame it on the guy who installed them. Said he made an honest mistake and just grabbed the wrong ones off the bench. I guess he didn't think I'd get down under the dash and check his work before I paid him and drove off unwittingly. He handed me the two speakers that were removed from the dash so he probably figured there would be no way I would question his integrity and workmanship. However. . .little did he know I'm a curious cat and just had to see how those new speakers looked.

He knew he did wrong. I could tell by the look on his face and avoidance of eye contact. :roll:

I had to leave the car overnight but the next day the correct speakers were installed. No internet back then. . .but I did consider filing a complaint with the BBB. Just never followed through with it but never had a good word for his business after that. ;)

His business closed down in my town not too long after (guess I wasn't the only one who felt ripped off). 8)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I like Thailand!
I hope Trump doesn't add it to the list ******** counties :)

send a plea for our beloved forum members to: masato.mueanfan@gmail.com
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

homie wrote:I like Thailand!
I hope Trump doesn't add it to the list ******** counties :)
I have one of those *****lists. There are no countries as countries on it but I do have at least one country represented in the person of one of its high muckymucks. Guess who? You got it!
MangoMolly
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by MangoMolly »

Good to know. I saw them too. Thanks!
Color: Red now white

Post by 212 »

They sound like they might not be very good at multiple parts orders, but I ordered a
GATES POWERLINK V-BELT (PCX125 (NO LED) / CLICK125 (NO LED) / PCX150 LED) 23100-KWN-000
On the 23rd of Feb and in turned up today with no po problems plus it was about a 1/3 of the price of buying one in the UK

I happy with them based on this experience
Veni Vidi Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around