Givi windshield: Any way to remove the Givi emblem?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

romnation
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Givi windshield: Any way to remove the Givi emblem?

Post by romnation »

I just installed a windshield and am not a fan of the givi logo. Would like to remove it and replace it with a Honda one similar to the one on the OEM screen. Anyone have any idea how to remove the logo? Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be just a sticker.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Givi windshield: Any way to remove the Givi emblem?

Post by Mel46 »

I don't know if they have changed the way that they attach the logo, but on my bike (2013 model) the Givi logo can easily be peeled off. Get a fingernail under the top corner and peel it back slowly. Then clean the area with alcohol and attach your Honda decal. ( If the glue does not come completely off with alcohol, get some Goo Gone. Then use alcohol to clean the Goo Gone off). I have done that several times now.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
romnation
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by romnation »

Mel46 wrote:I don't know if they have changed the way that they attach the logo, but on my bike (2013 model) the Givi logo can easily be peeled off. Get a fingernail under the top corner and peel it back slowly. Then clean the area with alcohol and attach your Honda decal. ( If the glue does not come completely off with alcohol, get some Goo Gone. Then use alcohol to clean the Goo Gone off). I have done that several times now.
So I took a look at it again and was able to remove the silver part of the Givi logo. (the sticker was on the underside of the windshield) but this left behind a clear Givi outline of the logo where the glass is cut out. Not sure what the solution of this would be. Maybe getting some black tape and putting it on the underside or finding a Hondo logo large enough to cover it?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Did you try some Goo Gone? It is good for taking off glue and other residue. After using it, make sure you clean it off with alcohol. Then order a Honda emblem from here: (item #1)

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda ... ark-emblem
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

JP_
Color: Red

Post by JP_ »

Mel46 wrote:I don't know if they have changed the way that they attach the logo, but on my bike (2013 model) the Givi logo can easily be peeled off. Get a fingernail under the top corner and peel it back slowly. Then clean the area with alcohol and attach your Honda decal. ( If the glue does not come completely off with alcohol, get some Goo Gone. Then use alcohol to clean the Goo Gone off). I have done that several times now.
Doesn't mess with the tint coating? I Have the smoke version and worried it'll peel some of it off (the manual says sunlight should only come from front so I assume it's a coating).
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Hmmm...unfortunately I don't know the answer to that. My emblem was on the outside of the windshield. You could try a small spot with Goo Gone to see what happens before proceeding further.

When you put the Honda emblem on the outside, it should cover most of the Givi outline anyway.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150