Chinese Convertor

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

d1ckyh
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: Blue

Chinese Convertor

Post by d1ckyh »

Hi All! After 4 years on a knock off Chinese scooter, I have just purchased a brand new 2018 Honda PCX Blue Model. Picking it up from the dealer today and can't wait. Thanks to this board and reading numerous posts, I am confident I made the right choice. Better still after having to do all repair myself on the "other honda clone" scooter, I feel confident that this scooter will present no issues when it comes to doing scheduled maintenance.

I live in Pompano Beach, FL and my scooter has been and will remain to be may primary mode of transportation. I've already learned a lot on this board and am looking forward to learning more and sharing my experiences.

What I am most excited about buying the Honda is that I can take some short -off highway road trips which I haven't been able to do with the Chinese scooter as it's reliabilty has always been a concern. it's great for around town but would not consider it for extended trips.

Anyway glad to be here and looking forward to interacting with folks on here.
PCX - Peace Comes with eXcellence

superandyp
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Re: Chinese Convertor

Post by superandyp »

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy your purchase. They are a lot of fun.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Enjoy your new bike, and don't forget to do its first service. It is important. On my 2013 model the first service was at 600 miles. When we did that first service the valves had to be adjusted and the oil changed. Then it was ready to run, and it did. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Congrats, I’m in pompano too, the airport road around the Goodyear blimp park is a nice run.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
d1ckyh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by d1ckyh »

Thanks all well wishers. Just picked up the new scooter and have been buzzing around town. So glad I got this! no comparison to what I was driving. Can feel the quality.

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Pompeo Beach is nice...expensive, but nice. How did you fare with that last hurricane that came through? Was that Irma?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

Great move on your part, for buying a reliable scoot. 10 years ago, when I bought my first scoot, Chinese bikes/scoots started appearing on Craigslist and such and yet I hardly ever see one on the street. My first scooter was a 1982 Yamaha Riva 170, that I bought as a fixer upper for $100. All it needed was a battery and a fix of the turnsignal wiring. Two years later the engine ate a valve while cruising at 70mph. I replaced the engine with one from a free Yamaha Riva 200 that I found in San Francisco. Awh memories.. sold it for $750 months later. Then I had a 1987 Honda Helix, such an odd and Comfy scoot.

My point was, enjoy your new PCX.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
d1ckyh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by d1ckyh »

Truly loving the new scoot. Not feeling the need to carry spare parts and complete tool set under the seat is very much worth the cost of the PCX. Still getting used to the ride compared to my other one but all in time. My new motto PCX Peace Comes with eXcellence.

Color: Red now white

Post by 212 »

d1ckyh wrote:Truly loving the new scoot. Not feeling the need to carry spare parts and complete tool set under the seat is very much worth the cost of the PCX. Still getting used to the ride compared to my other one but all in time. My new motto PCX Peace Comes with eXcellence.
Haha love the motto, PCX is a quality scooter ride for sure :)
Veni Vidi Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around